Adding 4th and 5th SCV to my 4720? Seriously deficient in tractor hydraulics :(

Thread: Adding 4th and 5th SCV to my 4720? Seriously deficient in tractor hydraulics :(

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:37 AM
    Thanks

Question Adding 4th and 5th SCV to my 4720? Seriously deficient in tractor hydraulics :(

I have searched, studied, and read for hours trying to figure out the hydraulics on my 2010 model year 4720 cab tractor so I can add top and tilt. When I bought the W.R. Long grapple I bought their valve kit with it and had a shop install everything. So I have a switch on my joystick to operate the SCV (right term?) on the loader brace for the grapple hydraulics. I can operate the bucket and the grapple at the same time if that makes a difference in how it's plumbed in (the rockshaft tube was removed and that's how the Long kit gets its hydraulics I suppose.)

A point of note is my serial number is #770716 - after 880000 (or some number in the 800 thousand range) Deere went to electric over hydraulic or something like that. Lots of the kits are for the newer 4000 series.

Another point of note is I do have a 3rd SCV on the rear and a lever in the cab to operate it.

So I found this helpful reference which calls for the LVB24855 bundle, electric diverter kit cab (Note: Includes two additional SCVs (either third and fourth or fourth and fifth).

I cannot find out much info about the diverter bundle and before I blow over 1500 bucks I need to be certain this will do what I need it to do. (My dealer was very little help when researching adding an SCV on the front for a grapple.)

Can somebody help me figure out what I need to buy to add top and tilt to the 3-point? I am completely frustrated.
    Last edited by johncanfield; 02-23-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
    I have searched, studied, and read for hours trying to figure out the hydraulics on my 2010 model year 4720 cab tractor so I can add top and tilt. When I bought the W.R. Long grapple I bought their valve kit with it and had a shop install everything. So I have a switch on my joystick to operate the SCV (right term?) on the loader brace for the grapple hydraulics. I can operate the bucket and the grapple at the same time if that makes a difference in how it's plumbed in (the rockshaft tube was removed and that's how the Long kit gets its hydraulics I suppose.)

A point of note is my serial number is #770716 - after 880000 (or some number in the 800 thousand range) Deere went to electric over hydraulic or something like that. Lots of the kits are for the newer 4000 series.

Another point of note is I do have a 3rd SCV on the rear and a lever in the cab to operate it.

So I found this helpful reference which calls for the LVB24855 bundle, electric diverter kit cab (Note: Includes two additional SCVs (either third and fourth or fourth and fifth).

I cannot find out much info about the diverter bundle and before I blow over 1500 bucks I need to be certain this will do what I need it to do. (My dealer was very little help when researching adding an SCV on the front for a grapple.)

Can somebody help me figure out what I need to buy to add top and tilt to the 3-point? I am completely frustrated.
    John, something you may want to consider is simply adding a diverter to your current 3rd SCV. Relatively simple and less $$$$. I added a triple diverter set to my smaller tractor to get a total of 4 rear remotes and a double diverter to the larger tractor to get a total of 5 rear remotes.

Also, if you are considering getting your top & tilt from me, I recommend that you get a quote now so that you know all the different details and have a bottom line cost to be aware of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3504.jpg   IMG_1465.jpg   IMG_3122.jpg  
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Brian - I was hoping to hear from you! If you can makes this happen, I would love to have the details and a quote. PM me anytime. If I need to measure links let me know.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,804 Times in 2,412 Posts
    John, I will try to dig into the OEM options later a bit later for your...your are correct this is very confusing to say the least.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Kenny, also glad to hear from another hydraulic expert! If I can source an entire kit from Brian I think that would be the path of lease resistance, probably easier to install than a bundle kit from Deere. But I would love to see what you come up with.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Here's some pictures of the links with measurements for Brian to use if we can work out the details. I am so anxious to get a top and tilt - it will save me so many ins and outs of the cab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TopLinkUsualLength.jpg   RearSCV_area.jpg   SideLinkLength.jpg   TopLinkExtendedLength.jpg   TopLinkLengthBody.jpg  

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,804 Times in 2,412 Posts
    OK John I have a bit more time now...

The LVB24855 kit is nothing more than a "diverter" kit. When activated is "diverts" the flow from the mid-SCV's (#1 and #2 used for the loader-operated from the joystick) to a set of rear couplers. This design is complicated, inconvenient to use, and of course expensive.

If your goal is just the TnT since you already have the WRL valve for the loader, than a single diverter on your 3rd SCV is the most economical and practical solution. Brian sell's (or used to sell?) some stackable diverters, that would work really well if you want more than one. Here are two pics from a customer of mine with with a 4720 cab (don't know the year) with one of our diverters tucked away neatly on the rear:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UDVK on 4720 (1).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	555945

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UDVK on 4720 (2).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	555953
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    ...The LVB24855 kit is nothing more than a "diverter" kit. When activated is "diverts" the flow from the mid-SCV's (#1 and #2 used for the loader-operated from the joystick) to a set of rear couplers. This design is complicated, inconvenient to use, and of course expensive.....
    Ah-ha! Now I understand why the parts list looked so complicated - boy oh boy am I glad I didn't order that kit. Thank you sir.

I just called my Deere dealer a couple of hours ago asking about a land plane and they aren't the Deere dealer any longer . We are getting a new AgPro store in our smallish town and they now have the Deere dealership. I didn't ask why my dealer lost/sold/gave up the dealership but I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. The salesman I know and worked with previously didn't sound too happy. All they are left with now is the Stihl and Kawasaki (Mule) dealerships, they might have another one or two but I think Deere was their bread and butter.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements