Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 2038R Sprung a Hydo Leak

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Thanks

2038R Sprung a Hydo Leak

Well, this afternoon, I thought I would put on my heavy hitch toolbar and do some digging. That ended up being a bad idea.....Sprung a large hydo leak over the rear axle housing. It soaked the inside of the passenger(right) tire and was a continuous flow of fluid while the tractor was running. I guess it will be going to the dealer in the next few days. Nothing like taking a 2 hr road trip to drop off tractor and come home. Hopefully they will deliver it back to me when its finished. 26.7 hrs on the meter.... Second photo is hard to tell but that is all fluid on the transfer case. It was just running down it just beside the wire loom while running. Thankfully its still under warranty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1849.jpg   IMG_1848.jpg   IMG_1851.jpg  
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and PJR832 like this.
    2017 JD 2038R, 220R Loader Heavy Bucket, Single Point Hydro
    60" MMM w/ Mulching Kit, JD iMatch, Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar,
    Custom Deck Dolly, Titan Forks, Strongway Plug Aerator,
    ECHO 58V Trimmer, Blower & Chainsaw, Ford F250,
    Jeep Grand Cherokee, 92 American Skier, 18 Lamar Tilt
    Deck Trailer

Brendan

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    I wouldn't be delivering $πit to the dealer. They would be coming to get it. 2hrs trip. Your a better man than me.

Right side is where the loader control valve is. Maybe sprung a leak from there.
    Last edited by Big; 04-17-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    BigJim55, PJR832, Fozsey and 1 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I wouldn't be delivering $πit to the dealer. They would be coming to get it. 2hrs trip. Your a better man than me.

Right side is where the loader control valve is. Maybe sprung a leak from there.

ha! jd dealer will not haul it free for warranty work. went thru that back in 06 with mine. talk about being pee-owed.

so i thought i'dl get around that, and have a service truck come out-and they could do the warranty work, and i'dl have a few other things done

well............that didn't go to good either. got charged mileage, plus per hr. i went up to the dealer i had then, and we came to a fair exchange of this after that episode i hauled it back and forth myself-still em. 12 yrs. this summer!
    Herminator, PJR832, Fozsey and 1 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Big
    Last Online
    Thanks
    When the bolts fell out of my front trunnion mount, the dealer came and got it, and dropped it back off. Free of charge!
    -2017 2032R, Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Honda Pioneer 700

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    When the bolts fell out of my front trunnion mount, the dealer came and got it, and dropped it back off. Free of charge!
    i'm glad they did that for ya. mine won't do it--highly doubt they would now. if i get this new gator-i'll be trying em out again. of course they will bring it out as a new item, then they let ya on ur own.
    Herminator, PJR832, Fozsey and 1 others like this.
    jim

king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I'm sure it differs dealer to dealer. Mine could turncoat on me at any time. But for now they're ok.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 05:36 AM
    Thanks
    Have you checked to see if it is just a loose line/connection? With that much fluid I would think it is something simple like that versus a seal. Did the dealer have to add anything to your hydraulic system like a third function valve or something that might have vibrated loose?

I would give a once over and see if it can be fixed by you before hauling it back in. I know its under warranty but your time and fuel are worth something...
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Have you checked to see if it is just a loose line/connection? With that much fluid I would think it is something simple like that versus a seal. Did the dealer have to add anything to your hydraulic system like a third function valve or something that might have vibrated loose?

I would give a once over and see if it can be fixed by you before hauling it back in. I know its under warranty but your time and fuel are worth something...
    I would have to remove the inner fender cover and possibly the wheel to see what is going on so I might as well let them do it. Also from the beginning it has seemed like I am not getting the full lift power so I want them to check to make sure its working correctly. Nothing extra has been added by the dealer except the single point hydro which does not need anything near the main supply in the rear. I might have them add the rear ports while its there though.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Deck Trailer

Brendan

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Loaded up and ready to go to the dealer.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1855.jpg   IMG_1854.jpg  
    Deck Trailer

Brendan

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    fjjd18--- i got to say u got the bestes color their is for a pickup i'm kinda partial to that color. like the trailer too-ok. good luck.
    Drifterbike and PJR832 like this.
    jim

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast