Here is the story of my quest for improved hydraulics. I bought a 2720 last summer. My first tractor.
I then joined some tractor forums for the wealth of information (mistake, just made me realize what i was missing). I plan to add implements and hopefully a backhoe.
So, having observed other’s tractors with PB, TNT and multiple SCV’s, I set out to get those elusive components.
Starting with the PB sticky on Greentractortalk.com, I successfully added PB to the tractor. It will be needed for a backhoe and turns out will be the pressure source for my valve addition. I used reusable fittings because I wanted custom length hoses.
I would order longer premade hoses with the ends I needed and then cut them and put the ends on. I ended up redoing the mounting of fittings for the PB.
Next up was the rear multi spool SCV. I blame Jason for this. But, in order to have a TNT, one needs more valves. I was also planning to add a grapple, so I needed a circuit for that and a side shift option for a flail mower. So, that makes 4 spools and one of those needed to be electric to run the grapple.
I ended up ordering a Prince SV, 4 spool w/PB, consisting of 1 spring return, 2 float, 1 electric. When figuring this out, one does not fully comprehend the SIZE of it. After I received it, I’m like, where am I going to mount it. I needed to leave room for a future backhoe, so putting it right behind the seat wasn’t going to happen. After much contemplating, I decided to mount it to the right rops post. I had to build a bracket to mount it and also protect it somewhat. This is what I came up with. Pressure in from PB to the bottom port, PB pressure out at top port with a pressure buildup cartridge for the electric solenoids to function, with a return to tank (top left port). Those “ears” are there to protect the solenoids. Talk about a lot of valve. Wow, makes the tractor look small. LOL.
I needed a place to dump the return to tank oil. I tried the side of the tranny like Jason did, but I didn’t like it. So I decided to return to the oil filler fitting. Had to modify it. Also ordered some fittings to go between the QC’s and the valve. They didn’t look like this on the webpage. Had to turn them down on the lathe and rethread them to shorten them. ORB fittings.
Had an issue with the clearance of the quick hitch to the valve/QC’s. Too close so I had to adjust the max height of the 3 point lift. Still kinda close.