Do I have a 3-Point Issue on 4066r?
Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By 1010
  • 1 Post By jimyedy15
  • 6 Post By ddinham
  • 3 Post By johnH123

Thread: Do I have a 3-Point Issue on 4066r?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-29-2018 @ 10:54 PM
    Thanks

Do I have a 3-Point Issue on 4066r?

I recently bought a hobby farm and purchased a 2018 4066r with 50 hours on it. It came with a H180 loader, 4n1 bucket and a backhoe. I bought it sight unseen from dealer that is 5 hours away because it was much cheaper than new and what I was looking for. The tractor was delivered and I wasn't around to get any instruction. I am not too familiar with exact details of how hydraulic functions work or fail. I know I have a 3rd function on the loader, Power Beyond and then two remotes for the rear that are not used by the loader 3rd function or the backhoe. I watched a video on Youtube on how to unhook the backhoe. Everything was fine except there were two hooks that I could get the 3point low enough to get free from the backhoe. I ended up needing to take the pin out from the "park or transport" position on the backhoe and extend it down so the bucket was touching the ground before I even lowered the 3point. This put all the weight of the backhoe on the bucket when I lowered it and the base frame was still elevated off the ground 3 inches or so when i pulled away.

I then put on the new iMatch hitch i bought. I had the bushings on and was able to connect to the MX6 rotary mower, but after getting done mowing I couldn't get the hitch to go low enough to unhook. I put some boards under the sides of the mower and then lowered the 3 point. That worked and then the 3 point went much lower once it came loose from the implement. It was almost like it didn't have the power to separate itself from these implements? However, there doesn't seem to be an issue with raising or lowering when using my mower or a 3 point disk. Again though I am new to tractors of this size. The loader and third function see to work well but I don't know if I could tell if they weren't working properly. I do notice the power steering seems to turn harder at times when i am moving but will become easier when I take my foot of the the hydro pedal. The Hydro seems to work though I have noticed an alarm beeps at me if I try to start off in "C" range on any type of incline.

I have plenty of warranty left but the closest JD dealer is 30 miles away and I don't want to bother them if I am just not understanding adjustments that need made or something fairly simple. Thanks for any help.

Here is what it looks like from back with hoe off and iMatch on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1344.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	621234

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyedy15 View Post
    I then put on the new iMatch hitch i bought. I had the bushings on and was able to connect to the MX6 rotary mower, but after getting done mowing I couldn't get the hitch to go low enough to unhook. I put some boards under the sides of the mower and then lowered the 3 point. That worked and then the 3 point went much lower once it came loose from the implement. It was almost like it didn't have the power to separate itself from these implements?
    A couple things come to mind. First, you may have a wee bit of binding on the top hook of the iMatch. In other words, the hook is grabbing too tight and it makes it difficult for the iMatch to "let go". Normally you can loosen the bolts that secure the top-hook, let the implement pull out a bit on it, and then tighten the bolts. If that doesn't work you may need to adjust the top-link a bit to loosen the bite of the top-hook. Second, ensure that your 3PH ROD knob (rate of drop knob) is opened up a bit as when the iMatch starts to unhook the only weight pulling it down is the weight of the iMatch and lower lift arms. On my tractor I first let a heavy implement lower slowly to the ground then at the point where the iMatch should separate I reach down and open the ROD a turn or so and that will allow the iMatch to drop down and unhook via its own weight.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jgayman; 05-28-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    OxPath, keane, Herminator and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Herminator (05-29-2018), jimyedy15 (05-28-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Sounds like you're draft control isn't set. If this machine has that. IDK.
    OxPath likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 1010 For This Useful Post:

jimyedy15 (05-28-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    A couple things come to mind. First, you may have a wee bit of binding on the top hook of the iMatch. In other words, the hook is grabbing too tight and it makes it difficult for the iMatch to "let go". Normally you can loosen the bolts that secure the top-hook, let the implement pull out a bit on it, and then tighten the bolts. If that doesn't work you may need to adjust the top-link a bit to loosen the bite of the top-hook. Second, ensure that your 3PH ROD knob (rate of drop knob) is opened up a bit as when the iMatch starts to unhook the only weight pulling it down is the weight of the iMatch and lower lift arms. On my tractor I first let a heavy implement lower slowly to the ground then at the point where the iMatch should separate I reach down and open the ROD a turn or so and that will allow the iMatch to drop down and unhook via its own weight.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you much. I will try both. I saw the knob at the bottom of the seat and wondered if I needed to adjust it. Thanks again!
    GWT3046r likes this.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Thanks
    I had the same problem when I got my 4066R. You need to extend the hyd lift arms on each side, which will lower the 3pt arms closer to the ground. On the left side, you will have to pull the pin at the top and turn the lift arm to extend it. Notice the threads. Then on the right side, you can turn the turnbuckle to extend the lift arm to match the level of the left that you previously extended. You will need to do this without anything connected to the 3pt arms, which means you will need to remove the iMatch temporarily.

Dave
    OxPath, Herminator, PJR832 and 3 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

jimyedy15 (05-29-2018)

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I had the same problem when I got my 4066R. You need to extend the hyd lift arms on each side, which will lower the 3pt arms closer to the ground. On the left side, you will have to pull the pin at the top and turn the lift arm to extend it. Notice the threads. Then on the right side, you can turn the turnbuckle to extend the lift arm to match the level of the left that you previously extended. You will need to do this without anything connected to the 3pt arms, which means you will need to remove the iMatch temporarily.

Dave
    That makes perfect sense! I will do it. Thank you!!

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks
    Also, don't forget that the 3pt only has power up, and no power 'down', unless you have the optional kit. Gravity makes the hitch go down, and hydraulics make it go up.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements