Hydraulic issue on 3025e/Woods BH75 backhoe?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tommott77
  • 1 Post By tommott77
  • 2 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Hydraulic issue on 3025e/Woods BH75 backhoe?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks

Question Hydraulic issue on 3025e/Woods BH75 backhoe?

Hey all, I haven't posted in a while as I've been busy building my cabin and playing with my tractor.

I believe I have an issue with the my hydraulics of my 3025e with a Woods BH-75. Noticed on a trip up to my mountain property last week that the boom on my backhoe is dropping on its own. I know its common when the tractor is off but its happening with the tractor is runningwhich from what I've gathered here should not be happening. It seems to be a slow constant drop regardless of throttle position and/or any other conditions the best I can tell. You can barely see it going down and it takes about a minute or so for the bucket to start dragging on the ground.

Thought it was most likely an issue with a cylinder or a valve on the backhoe but today I noticed that the curl of my loader started dropping on its own, with tractor on, when I had my flail mower on my forks. Granted the flail mower was a bit out on the forks, and weighs 850# on my already heavy Titan forks, which all may have been close its lift capacity. So I'm not sure if that would be considered normal or not, or if not if that means that the hydraulic issue may be with the tractor itself. I did use the loader a good bit with the forks up at the cabin as well where I had to move a couple tons worth of lumber into the cabin which involved having the loader almost all the way up in place for several minutes at a time with a good bit of weight on the forks until I could pull it all inside. Didn't experience any issues then however.

The tractor and backhoe are less than one year old and everything is under warranty at this point. Just want to try to get an idea of what may be going on before contacting the dealer and/or see if there anything simple I should be checking that may save me loading everything up and making the 40 mile drive over there.

Thanks
    Last edited by tommott77; 06-08-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    buckteeth445 likes this.
    2017 JD 3025e TLB
    -D 160 loader w/ quick park removable kit
    -Woods BH75 backhoe
    -Betstco 105 EFG Flail Mower (soon to be upgraded)
    -Titan Pallet Forks
    -Ratchet Rake
    -Heavy Hitch
    -LMC Box blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    Arent you supposed to have the backhoe pinned for transportation?
    Quote Originally Posted by tommott77 View Post
    Hey all, I haven't posted in a while as I've been busy building my cabin and playing with my tractor.

I believe I have an issue with the my hydraulics of my 3025e with a Woods BH-75. Noticed on a trip up to my mountain property last week that the boom on my backhoe is dropping on its own. I know its common when the tractor is off but its happening with the tractor is runningwhich from what I've gathered here should not be happening. It seems to be a slow constant drop regardless of throttle position and/or any other conditions the best I can tell. You can barely see it going down and it takes about a minute or so for the bucket to start dragging on the ground.

Thought it was most likely an issue with a cylinder or a valve on the backhoe but today I noticed that the curl of my loader started dropping on its own, with tractor on, when I had my flail mower on my forks. Granted the flail mower was a bit out on the forks, and weighs 850# on my already heavy Titan forks, which all may have been close its lift capacity. So I'm not sure if that would be considered normal or not, or if not if that means that the hydraulic issue may be with the tractor itself. I did use the loader a good bit with the forks up at the cabin as well where I had to move a couple tons worth of lumber into the cabin which involved having the loader almost all the way up in place for several minutes at a time with a good bit of weight on the forks until I could pull it all inside. Didn't experience any issues then however.

The tractor and backhoe are less than one year old and everything is under warranty at this point. Just want to try to get an idea of what may be going on before contacting the dealer and/or see if there anything simple I should be checking that may save me loading everything up and making the 40 mile drive over there.

Thanks
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    The manual is quite vague about using the transport pins and when they are needed. It only takes maybe a minute for the boom to retract to the point where the bucket is on the ground. It’s quite annoying and happens quickly enough to where a quick repositioning of the tractor can lead to he bucket dragging on the ground and getting in the way.

If this normal however I’d like to know before wasting a bunch of time with the dealer. This is my first backhoe but I’m hoping I won’t be having to lock/unlock the backhoe every time I move the tractor from one side of a hole to another.

Quote Originally Posted by buckteeth445 View Post
    Arent you supposed to have the backhoe pinned for transportation?
    Quote Originally Posted by tommott77 View Post

Thanks[IMG class=inlineimg]http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/greentractor.gif[/IMG]
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2017 JD 3025e TLB
    -D 160 loader w/ quick park removable kit
    -Woods BH75 backhoe
    -Betstco 105 EFG Flail Mower (soon to be upgraded)
    -Titan Pallet Forks
    -Ratchet Rake
    -Heavy Hitch
    -LMC Box blade

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Some leakage is normal, but yours sounds excessive, I would absolutely let your dealer know about it. It sounds like the seals in the boom cylinder are bypassing.

The transport pins should be used as much as practical-but absolutely when on your trailer so the shock load of the unit bouncing around is absorbed by the pins and NOT the seals, fittings, valve ports, and hoses in on the backhoe. Not using them could had contributed to the boom cylinder seals failing-that's a lot of weight bouncing around.

Regarding this:
    I know its common when the tractor is off but its happening with the tractor is running which from what I've gathered here should not be happening.
    The tractor pump has no way add adding make-up oil to a leaking/bypassing circuit, and since there is no feedback it has no way of know it's happening. If the valve is in neutral (joysticks centered), then the ports are blocked so there is no way for oil to fill the cylinder to keep it up-engine running or not.
    keane and tommott77 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

tommott77 (06-12-2018)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements