Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tx Jim

Thread: John Deere 2130 Hydraulic problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-23-2018 @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks

John Deere 2130 Hydraulic problem

My father in law have a old John Deere that I decided today to get it running again. I got it started, but the reason the tractor was parked was that the hydraulics werent working. My father in law told me that if he puts oil in the resovoir in front it starts working again. Do anyone know how I would go about troubleshooting why no oil is coming to the resovoir? I have heard something about a valve for the filter that could be sticking. Neither the front or back loader is working. The PTO is working fine. I hope here are some John Deere experts that can help me, as I am a beginner when it comes to this type of mechanic

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome to GTT
    JD tractors such as the 2130 have closed-center hyd's which are different from other tractors with open-center hyd's. Closed-center has 2 hyd pumps with one pump being low pressure(155-165 psi) which lubricates trans gears/shafts,operates some functions such as hyd hi-lo or hyd reverser &/or hyd ind pto then excess oil is sent to frt high pressure pump then any excess oil fills reservoir by radiator. Frt hyd pump is intended to create 2250 psi pressure then stroke control valve causes pump shaft to continue rotating but stop pumping oil because pressure builds inside pump crankcase therefore forcing pistons away from rotating pump shaft. When pressure drops springs force pistons against pump rotating shaft causing pump to commence pumping oil/building pressure(2250 psi). The reason reservoir by radiator won't stay full of oil is there's either a low or high pressure internal leak that keeps trans pump from having any excess(available) oil to fill reservoir. Frt piston pump can't suck oil it must have oil supplied to it. If you desire to repair the hyd's I suggest you acquire a JD 2130 tech manual.
    HTH's,Jim

PS: I served as a JD dealer service manager for 13 yrs back in '74-'87 when 2130 was sold new

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-23-2018 @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    Okey, but do you know where the hydraulic oildipstick are on these, I cant see one with the pto neither one at the back of the right side of the tractor inside the cab.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 AM
    Thanks
    Hyd oil dipstick tube is key #2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements