Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1025R Hydraulic Specs

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks

1025R Hydraulic Specs

If one was to buy a hydraulic attachment for their 1025r, what size hose/fitting would one need? Length doesn't matter. Would hook it up to the power beyond.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with piranha tooth bar and HLA Forks
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    If one was to buy a hydraulic attachment for their 1025r, what size hose/fitting would one need? Length doesn't matter. Would hook it up to the power beyond.
    For the PB connections you’d need 3/8” hose and ISO 5675 “AG” style couplers.
    kylew likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

WifeSaidOK (07-26-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    The PB on a 1025R will have a flow of about 1.75 gpm, 1/2 of the pump output which is 3.5 gpm. You can use this interactive nomogram to determine the minimum ID for pressure and return lines in hydraulics.

Interactive Nomogram for Sizing Hydraulic Hoses

Keep in mind, the steel line that runs from the PB port of the main SCV to the rear PB QC is 1/4" OD steel tubing. 1/4" I.D. hose will do the job. 3/8" I.D. will easily do the job.
    By the way, length of the hose does matter! The longer the hose is, the more resistance to flow there will be and hydraulic hose expands under pressure, therefore, the internal volume of a hose increases as the pressure builds. The hose's volume fluctuation decreases the hydraulic system reaction time and efficiency. This is why hydraulic systems are designed with steel tubing where possible and hydraulic hose where flexibility is needed.

Now for most applications, this lack in efficiency and reaction time isn't super noticeable, so running hose isn't a huge problem.

The nomogram is based on this formula:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hydraulic Line Size Calculation.JPG  
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    The PB on a 1025R will have a flow of about 1.75 gpm, 1/2 of the pump output which is 3.5 gpm.
    Can you please explain this better Ray?

According t the posted specs, the 1025R has a 6.3 GPM pump, with 2.8 GPM dedicated to the steering, thus leaving 3.5 GPM for the implements. How do you figure only half of that flow is going to the PB circuit?
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Can you please explain this better Ray?

According t the posted specs, the 1025R has a 6.3 GPM pump, with 2.8 GPM dedicated to the steering, thus leaving 3.5 GPM for the implements. How do you figure only half of that flow is going to the PB circuit?
    The 1025R doesn’t have a 6.5 gpm pump. It has a 3.5 gpm pump (8 cc displacement). I do not have the time right now to show the math to figure the gpm but it is 3.5 gpm, not sure where you heard it was 6.5 gpm.
    That said, 50% of the flow feeds the steering and propel circuits and 50% feeds the main SCV which directly feeds the PB. So, the main SCV, PB and rockshaft Lift sees 1.75 gpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The 1025R doesn’t have a 6.5 gpm pump. It has a 3.5 gpm pump (8 cc displacement). I do not have the time right now to show the math to figure the gpm but it is 3.5 gpm, not sure where you heard it was 6.5 gpm.
    That said, 50% of the flow feeds the steering and propel circuits and 50% feeds the main SCV which directly feeds the PB. So, the main SCV, PB and rockshaft Lift sees 1.75 gpm.
    Ray,
    I'll make this a new thread since we are taking it off of the OP's topic.

I am getting this info from the John Deere web page and the tech manual for the 1025R.

At this link: https://www.ag-power.com/new-product...tractor-detail
    HYDRAULICS

• Type Open Center
    • Pump Rated Output, gpm (L/min.) 6.3 (24)
    • Steering 2.8 (10.8)
    • Implement 3.5 (13.2)
    • Pump Type Gear
    • Maximum Operating Pressure (PSI) 2000
    • Draft Control Type Select Control
    • Remote Control Valves Available 2
    At this link: https://www.deere.com/en/tractors/ut...ility-tractor/
    Pump rated output Steering
    10.8 L/min
    2.8 gpmImplement
    13.2 L/min
    3.5 gpm
    24 L/min
    6.3 gpm

And from the TSM, the expected flow rate at the SCV is 3.5 GPM, not 1.75 GPM:

Also from the TSM, it shows the displacement of the pump at 8 cm/3 per revolution, but we do not know how fast the pump spins so that is meaningless.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flow rate.PNG   flow rate-1.PNG  
    keane and PJR832 like this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    OK.. I have a little time to go through the details on this.

I do know the technical manual says you will see 3.5 gpm at the SCV. When I read that in the manual initially, when i first got my 1025R back in late 2013, I thought, based on the 8 cc displacement of the pump, that sounds like the full flow of that sized pump rather than the flow at the SCV. So, I did the math and applied by experience knowledge of component sizing on the system and found this.

To find GPM, the formula is: GPM = (Pump RPM x Pump displacement in cu. in.) / 231

I'll use 2000 pump RPM and 0.48819 cu. in. pump displacement (8 cc - 0.48819 cu. in.)

So..... GPM = (2000 x 0.48819) / 231

GPM = 976.38 / 231

GPM = 4.2

At 1800 pump RPM, the flow rate will be 3.8 GPM. This is why I said the pump output is about 3.5 gpm. In any hydraulic circuit, the pump output will rarely be seen at the function valve simply because of internal hose/line resistance and elbows.

The 1 series has a 50% flow divider that directs 50% of the flow to the steering and propel circuit and 50% to the SCV, PB and rockshaft circuit. Essentially these are two separate loops off the flow divider.

So, if you check the flow at the SCV with the throttle wide open, you may see slightly higher than 2 gpm. If you check at PTO RPM, you will see about 2.0 or more likely, slightly less than 2 gpm.

The other indicator of what the maximum flow is on the 1 series is the OEM installed steel tubing size. All of the steel tubing from the main SCV to the PB is 1/4" OD tubing with a .035 wall thickness. This means the ID of the tubing is .180. The maximum allowable flow rating of .180 ID steel tubing is 2.0 gpm.
    PJR832 likes this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    The other indicator of what the maximum flow is on the 1 series is the OEM installed steel tubing size. All of the steel tubing from the main SCV to the PB is 1/4" OD tubing with a .035 wall thickness. This means the ID of the tubing is .180. The maximum allowable flow rating of .180 ID steel tubing is 2.0 gpm.
    So basically the listed hydraulic flow rates for most JD SCUT/CUT machines are incorrect? That would make it very difficult to purchase an implement that requires a specific flow rate and know that it will work properly.

PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    We will have to agree to disagree Ray, as I don't believe you are correct. JD would not expect you to see 3.5 GPM at the SCV if all you wrote is true, that means EVERY 1-series would fail that test, so how would JD handle that? Every owner under warranty could go to the dealer and complain about the hydraulics being slow LOL.

Also we don't know how fast the pump spins, so your just speculating on those numbers.

Great discussion though
    Ray_PA and PJR832 like this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    So basically the listed hydraulic flow rates for most JD SCUT/CUT machines are incorrect? That would make it very difficult to purchase an implement that requires a specific flow rate and know that it will work properly.

Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast