• 1 Post By EV-propulsion

Thread: another rear remote / PB question, JD750

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-29-2019 @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks

another rear remote / PB question, JD750

Hi All,
    I've been a reader for a while, but just registered now to ask this question. I have a '88 JD750 with P/S and a FEL. I just finally got a
    model 7 backhoe after finding a good one at a reasonable price after maybe 5 years (yes, more patience than money!)
    anyhow I want to add rear hydraulic connections for the backhoe hoses. - I've read a bunch of threads and I think I almost have it after reading this one
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...er-beyond.html

My question is, using the below diagram from the 750 manual, is it correct to just disconnect the line marked U (PB line at the bottom of the loader valve) from the rockshaft housing (V in the picture), connect that line U to the backhoe inlet, and connect the backhoe outlet to where I disconnected the U line from (V on the rockshaft). ? Of course using proper fittings, hoses, etc.
    I am assuming the backhoe is open center and will allow fluid flow to circulate as it always did before the modification, and I also assume that I will need to attach a jumper line when the backhoe is off from my new connections.
    Am I correct, or way off ? I am confused because I am thinking of the backhoe valve stack to be similar to the loader valve and that has a return to reservoir line. Wondering why I don't need that on the backhoe (since there are only two lines)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tractor hydraulics.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	644624

Thanks for the help in advance , I have learned a lot from you guys over the years!
    Mike
    BigJim55 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 1,045 Posts
    welcome from south western Pa. Mike-i can't answer ur question about the PB -but hold tight till one of the fellas can for sure.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome Jim !

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Morning, and welcome to GTT!

I am struggling to read your picture clearly, but in theory I agree that you need to interrupt the oil flow after the SCV and before the rockshaft valve to feed your backhoe. You don't need the third return line in this case since the 3PH cannot be used when the backhoe is mounted.

FYI this drawing is from JDParts and shows the "rear hydraulic lines", which I believe was the PB kit. Note the "pipe plug" #3 that would direct the fluid to the pressure line.

REAR HYDRAULIC LINES

Cart key PART NO. PART NAME QTY SERIAL NO. REMARKS
    1 AR27699 Elbow Fitting 2 90 DEGREE
    2 R26375 O-Ring 3
    3 15H275 Pipe Plug 1 (POWER BEYOND PLUG)
    4 AH63063 Hydraulic Hose 1
    5 AT54270 Hydraulic Hose 1
    6 AT32332 Elbow Fitting 1 90 DEGREE, (SUB FOR AR26763)
    7 R34063 Fitting 1
    8 19H2676 Cap Screw 5
    9 R42009 Clamp 10
    10 12H304 Lock Washer 5
    Cart key PART NO. PART NAME QTY SERIAL NO. REMARKS
    11 14H1076 Nut 5
    12 AR99077 Oil Line 1
    13 AR99378 Oil Line 1 PRESSURE
    14 AR99379 Oil Line 1 (NLA)
    15 AR54385 Elbow Fitting 1 90 DEGREE
    16 H33780 Tee Fitting 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RP1852_________UN01JAN94.jpg  
    Ray_PA likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    My question is, using the below diagram from the 750 manual, is it correct to just disconnect the line marked U (PB line at the bottom of the loader valve) from the rockshaft housing (V in the picture), connect that line U to the backhoe inlet, and connect the backhoe outlet to where I disconnected the U line from (V on the rockshaft). ? Of course using proper fittings, hoses, etc. Yes, this is how the PB is connected. It is simply a series connection between the PB of the main SCV and the inlet of the rockshaft lift. You will have to install a jumper hose between the two QC when the BH is not installed.
    I am assuming the backhoe is open center and will allow fluid flow to circulate as it always did before the modification, and I also assume that I will need to attach a jumper line when the backhoe is off from my new connections. Yes, the BH valve is open center. You will not need a 3rd tank line because you cannot use the 3 point and the BH at that same time so the rockshaft cannot be pressurized while the BH is attached, therefore, the rockshaft feed, or better said BH return, will return to tank through the rockshaft valve and since the rockshaft cannot be pressurized, this flow feeding the rockshaft valve will simply return to tank through the valve.
    Am I correct, or way off ? I am confused because I am thinking of the backhoe valve stack to be similar to the loader valve and that has a return to reservoir line. Wondering why I don't need that on the backhoe (since there are only two lines) See above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inkedtractor hydraulics 750 w-markups_LI.jpg  
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-25-2018)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi Kenny and Ray, thanks for the replies. I attached a better picture of the flow diagram (I had the pdf sent instead of a screen photo) in case anyone in the future can use it.

Name:	hydraulic system.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	644880

Thanks for the parts info, I think that will help some as I couldn't find any info for a kit for the 750. Thanks for the note about the plug, mine must have that since it must be added for any accessories according to this:

Name:	hydralic description.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	644882

Ray, thanks for the drawing, that is something what I had in mind, I just have to see if I can make that neatly in a good location. Here is my tractor connections I have now. Note the pressure gauge I have in a port, wonder if I can use that port, will have to find the info i had when I put that in a couple of years back

Name:	hydraulic picture.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	644886

it might be a few weeks before I can tackle this project, but will update when I do.
    Thanks, I have enjoyed reading the forum for a lot of info and some humor too.

Mike
    Last edited by EV-propulsion; 08-25-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Ray_PA likes this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EV-propulsion For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-25-2018)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements