• 4 Post By johncanfield
  • 4 Post By johncanfield

Thread: Install of a Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt kit on a 4720 cab Deere

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Thanks

Install of a Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt kit on a 4720 cab Deere

Here are some pictures of my recently completed install of Brian's T&T kit. This first set was taken with my Samsung S7 phone which has a pretty good camera but be advised they won't be as good as when I put more pix up taken with my Nikon. The next set will include the cylinders installed and range of motion and how I installed the control handle. I thought I took pictures when I was running wire from the handle but I can't find them at the moment.

For those that follow in my footsteps, the most difficult aspect of the install by far was figuring out where/how to mount the diverter valve assembly. The kit bracket was not going to work in its supplied form which I was anticipating from the get-go. I thought about fabricating a bracket since I have metalworking equipment but I wanted to work with the supplied bracket since it already had tapped holes for the valve body mounting - why make a new bracket and tap four holes. I had a serious attack of lazy.

I straightened the bracket out on my shop press (it had a 90* turn at the top) and started to play around with mounting position. The pictures tell the story of my final evolution of the bracket modification. I shortened the bracket by cutting it in half on the bandsaw and welded it in a new position and I angled it up some to make for easier access to the SCVs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DiverterBracketFirstTry.jpg   ModifiedBracketSize.jpg   BracketEdgeView.jpg   DiverterBracketTestInstall.jpg   DiverterInstalled.jpg  

DiverterInstalledTop.jpg  
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johncanfield For This Useful Post:

MtnViewRanch (09-05-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Okay, here's another set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LinksBoth.jpg   LinksSCV1.jpg   LinkTop.jpg   LinkRightBottom.jpg   Wiring.jpg  

WiringCoilGround.jpg   Controls.jpg  
    Last edited by johncanfield; 09-05-2018 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added pix
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johncanfield For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (09-05-2018), MtnViewRanch (09-05-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements