Another great dealer experience
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Another great dealer experience

  1. Top | #1
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    10,531
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,161 Posts

    Another great dealer experience

    Here is a little back story:

    A few weeks ago I purchased one of Kennyd's 5000 psi gauges to check my hydraulic pressure because the FEL seemed a little weak. I ran three tests, 2000 psi, 1975 psi and 2000 psi were my results. I happened to be at my dealership while purchasing a Frontier rotary cutter and got shooting the bull with the service manager. Looking at the tech manual there are a few relief valves on these tractors, so I was really questioning which one to use to make the adjustment. So Tom (service manager) says to me "you know Pat, if you word that the right way I can adjust that under warranty". I was pretty quick on the take this time so I said "okay Tom, my FEL doesn't seem to be picking up as much as it should", he said, "now we have a problem, I'll take your word for it on the diagnosis and send a guy up to your place first chance I get"

    Tech stopped today and adjusted the main relief valve, he said his initial test with his gauge was only 1900, adjusted it to 2200 psi on his gauge and it is reading 2300 psi on my gauge. If anyone in New York needs a great dealership I would highly recommend Cazenovia Equipment Company, even if they are not your closest dealer it will be worth the drive.

    Now the only question is, who's gauge is correct

    Either way, 300 psi jump in hydraulic pressure should be more than noticeable IMO.
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 8 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Herminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 11:58 PM
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,623
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 760 Times in 578 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Now the only question is, who's gauge is correct
    .
    The one that makes it be adjusted to pick up more in my best Tim Allen voice.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

    2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

  4. Top | #3
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    10,531
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    The one that makes it be adjusted to pick up more in my best Tim Allen voice.
    I agree, I'm putting my money on Kenny's

    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:14 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,137
    Thanks
    965
    Thanked 723 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I agree, I'm putting my money on Kenny's

    I probably would too. I hooked up my "Kenny-gauge" to my tractor a couple of weeks ago and it was dead-on 2500 psi. I'm pretty sure that's what the factory spec for my 3520 is.

    I read your first post in this thread last night, Pat. That then led me down the path of reading a bunch of threads on "turning up the pressure" in our systems. Still on the fence on whether or not I want to ratchet mine up another couple hundred pounds or not. I'm wondering if it would give me a little extra oomph when I'm running my tree puller.

    By the way, CONGRATS on having such a great dealer!! Pretty cool that they would send a guy to your house to do this at no charge. I only live 1.5 miles from my dealer and I doubt they would do that.
    Last edited by mark02tj; 09-22-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    BigJim55, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

    PJR832 (09-22-2018)

  8. Top | #5
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    10,531
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,161 Posts

    Another great dealer experience

    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I probably would too. I hooked up my "Kenny-gauge" to my tractor a couple of weeks ago and it was dead-on 2500 psi. I'm pretty sure that's what the factory spec for my 3520 is.

    I read your first post in this thread last night, Pat. That then led me down the path of reading a bunch of threads on "turning up the pressure" in our systems. Still on the fence on whether or not I want to ratchet mine up another couple hundred pounds or not. I'm wondering if it would give me a little extra oomph when I'm running my tree puller.

    By the way, CONGRATS on having such a great dealer!! Pretty cool that they would send a guy to your house to do this at no charge. I only live 1.5 miles from my dealer and I doubt they would do that.
    Thanks Mark, my pressure was low according to specs, my tech manual states 2000-2250 is within spec with 2350 max pressure for this FEL. I’m quite sure I will see quite a difference, 300 psi jump is a pretty good step up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, mark02tj, Marlin and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  9. Top | #6
    IndianaJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,409
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 191 Times in 145 Posts
    Dang it Pat!

    Im jealous of your dealer sending techs to your house. My dealer is pretty small, and the only home service is to pick up a tractor, lol.
    Ive got to order a gauge myself, and figure out the adjustment so I dont have to take it to the dealer. Im not sure they would "word it to be covered" and Id like to know how to do it anyway.

    Be sure to follow up with us and let everyone know if youve noticed a difference in the lift capacity!
    I know at times I could use a little extra oomph.
    Of course if I had it, I bet Id still have times where I could use a bit more...its a never ending cycle!
    BigJim55, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    Jim B.

    318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

    Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

  10. Top | #7
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    10,531
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Dang it Pat!

    Im jealous of your dealer sending techs to your house.

    Be sure to follow up with us and let everyone know if youve noticed a difference in the lift capacity!
    I know at times I could use a little extra oomph.
    My dealer is not small, they do as much on customer site as possible, it saves the added expense of trucking.

    Now, I just went up and finished the pile by the cemetery, last weekend I could not lift a full bucket (it is heavy stuff though), this morning was absolutely no trouble right to the top of the cylinders. And add that today this stuff is wet from the hurricane remnants that came through the other day.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  11. Top | #8
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,172
    Thanks
    1,958
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    My dealer is not small, they do as much on customer site as possible, it saves the added expense of trucking.

    Now, I just went up and finished the pile by the cemetery, last weekend I could not lift a full bucket (it is heavy stuff though), this morning was absolutely no trouble right to the top of the cylinders. And add that today this stuff is wet from the hurricane remnants that came through the other day.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reckon they have a tech with F-150 experience?
    Kennyd, BigJim55, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  12. Top | #9
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    10,531
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Reckon they have a tech with F-150 experience?
    I’m thinking that by now a JD tech would’ve had better luck than a Ford tech


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  13. Top | #10

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Location
    Corning,NY
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Here is a little back story:

    A few weeks ago I purchased one of Kennyd's 5000 psi gauges to check my hydraulic pressure because the FEL seemed a little weak. I ran three tests, 2000 psi, 1975 psi and 2000 psi were my results. I happened to be at my dealership while purchasing a Frontier rotary cutter and got shooting the bull with the service manager. Looking at the tech manual there are a few relief valves on these tractors, so I was really questioning which one to use to make the adjustment. So Tom (service manager) says to me "you know Pat, if you word that the right way I can adjust that under warranty". I was pretty quick on the take this time so I said "okay Tom, my FEL doesn't seem to be picking up as much as it should", he said, "now we have a problem, I'll take your word for it on the diagnosis and send a guy up to your place first chance I get"

    Tech stopped today and adjusted the main relief valve, he said his initial test with his gauge was only 1900, adjusted it to 2200 psi on his gauge and it is reading 2300 psi on my gauge. If anyone in New York needs a great dealership I would highly recommend Cazenovia Equipment Company, even if they are not your closest dealer it will be worth the drive.

    Now the only question is, who's gauge is correct

    Either way, 300 psi jump in hydraulic pressure should be more than noticeable IMO.

    PJR832
    Thanks for sharing that info. We have Lindsey Equip in our area not impressed at all, try to stay away from them at all cost. Which Cazenovia Equip do you use?
    DRobinson and BigJim55 like this.
    Bill
    2016 1025R, H120 FEL, 54" Auto Connect Deck, Kens Bolt on Hooks, Ballast Box
    Z10 Cyclone Rake

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •