1025R factory rear scv and mm mower leak down.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By kylew
  • 2 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By kylew
  • 1 Post By kylew

Thread: 1025R factory rear scv and mm mower leak down.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks

1025R factory rear scv and mm mower leak down.

Hi! I’m a newbie. I’ve looked to see if my issue has been addressed. Bought 1025 new this spring with fel, 60” mm with hydraulic lift,( it’s a one way cylinder). Had dealer install optional rear scv which is where the mower lift plugs in. I’ve been in contact with them about the fact that my mower leaks down rather quickly. They said the scv isn’t made to hold it up. Deere told them that a valve made to that is too expensive to be competitive with the other scut’s out there. Is my best option to buy a ball valve rated for hydraulic lines and install inline for when I want the mower up all the way instead of it hanging on the highest setting on the depth control, which is a couple inches from all the way up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Welcome to GTT,
    Can't you use the khob on the floorboard to hold the deck in any position needed?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    I suppose so, if that's what you want. I have the hydraulic lift also and it does leak down when the machine is off, to whatever setting I have the height adjustment set to. But it doesn't bother me, and when the adjustment is set to lock (the highest) it only drops about an inch, definitely not 2 (or more). The only down-fall is that I have to raise the deck before I can turn the adjustment knob, but again, it doesn't bother me.

If you do get a ball valve, post what you got. I've been thinking of how to put a valve in so I could have the mower lift plumbed in permanently and not have to connect it every time I install the mower. Just pondering that idea.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Regarding a ball valve, I suspect its the cylinder leaking more than the valve-a adding on ball valve won't fix that.
    BigJim55 and keane like this.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Ken, I'm sure you know, yes the lift cylinder leaks back to the tank via the SCV (I believe), as it only has one hose. I think Ray wants to put a ball valve in to be able to retain the fluid in the cylinder so the deck doesn't drop. I thought of a ball valve to (somehow) have the lift cylinder permanently plumbed in so I didn't have to connect/disconnect at the quick connect manifold.

Hope that makes sense.
    BigJim55 likes this.

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So, if you disconnect the hose itís stays up bu itself?
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Honestly, I don't know as I've not tried that before....having the deck on but disconnect the hose. Curiosity has got me now. I'll try that tmrw.

I take the deck off, raise the autoconnect, disconnect the hose, and the linkage stays up. Maybe it's bleeds and stops on the adjustment cam? I don't think I've ever really looked. ..one of those set it and forget it things.
    I was under the impression the linkage lowered due to weight and the fluid had a place to go (via the hose hooked up to the SCV)?? Not true?
    BigJim55 likes this.

2014 1025R TLB

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:48 AM
    Thanks
    It seems pretty common to have the mmm leak down. The topic has come up before. You should be able to lock the deck up in the full up position with cutting height adjustment. I take the mower off to do anything other than mow, so this hast been much of an issue for me.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    I’m in contact with auxhyd.com. They have a valve but I haven’t made the purchase yet. He’s going to get back with me on dimensions. But if you’re wondering why it’s an issue for me, it’s this. I recently purchased an extra 1/2 acre on the back of my property and didn’t get it worked down and seeded. The weeds took over and neighbor bush hogged it but since it’s very stoney he mowed it rather high. Now I’m both mowing and tilling at the same time. I want the mower at it’s highest to try to stay away from said stones. I’ve hit two so far. I keep lifting the deck every minute or so. I would just disconnect the hose but there’s so much pressure I can’t get it to disconnect. Only way is put it on the highest setting as most of you have suggested but that’s too low for those stones.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RayLagrange View Post
    Iím in contact with auxhyd.com. They have a valve but I havenít made the purchase yet. Heís going to get back with me on dimensions. But if youíre wondering why itís an issue for me, itís this. I recently purchased an extra 1/2 acre on the back of my property and didnít get it worked down and seeded. The weeds took over and neighbor bush hogged it but since itís very stoney he mowed it rather high. Now Iím both mowing and tilling at the same time. I want the mower at itís highest to try to stay away from said stones. Iíve hit two so far. I keep lifting the deck every minute or so. I would just disconnect the hose but thereís so much pressure I canít get it to disconnect. Only way is put it on the highest setting as most of you have suggested but thatís too low for those stones.
    With the mmm in the lock position, the mmm blades should be at an approx. 4" height. All the way raised will get you about 4 1/4" to 4 1/2" blade height, depending on how you have your adjustment links adjusted. This is only minimally higher.

That said, the leak down issue with a hydraulic lift mmm system is caused by the control valves internal leakage, not the cylinder itself. Since this is a single acting cylinder with a vent in the rod side of the cylinder, if the piston seals are leaking, the oil will leak out of the vent. So, if you do not have oil leaking from the mmm lift cylinder, the leak down issue is caused by internal leakage in the valve.

Now, no valve is that tight so that there is no internal leakage, so what you are seeing is normal.

Concerning installing a ball valve in the line that goes to the mmm lift cylinder, that will work. Just make sure you use a ball valve rated for about 3000 PSI. This valve will work.

ITEM # 7005132 BALL VALVE, HIGH PRESSURE, #6 SAE PORTS, 7250 PSI | Trausch Dynamics
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements