• 1 Post By ChrisR
  • 2 Post By Kennyd

Thread: 3rd scv for 2320?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 08:03 PM
    Thanks

3rd scv for 2320?

Hello from the new guy! Hope all is well!

Last winter we(me,girlfriend, and father in-law) purchased a 2006 2320 with just over 200 hours. Came with 47” front blower and MMM. Let me start by saying I love this thing! We bought this for the main purpose of snow removal( I live in northern Maine) mainly because my job requires me early in the morning and my girlfriend was typically alone to get herself out of the driveway(she also loves the tractor)

This winter we purchase a scraper blade for the rear. Which I am also in love with! We bought the 6-way blade and it is equipped with hydraulic angle. Problem is I don’t have ports in the rear!

I’ve read multiple threads on here and every time I think I have it figured out I get more confused. Now I do have a pretty basic knowledge of hydraulic systems (enough to get me in trouble)

Now to the questions

1. Nomenclature
    Am I correct to assume SCV selective control valve is another valve(lever) or the one to run the front end. PB=Power beyond? BH= back hoe? SCUT=sub compact utility tractor? Hydrualic spools= number of levers(basically) ex. 2 spool has 2 levers? and I know you can get a 2 spool with one 4-way lever.

2. Power beyond is constant flow to feed back hoe, log splitter etc. Anything that has its own SCV correct?

3. Is it possible to add a SCV before the outlet ports of PB loop?

4. Correct me if I’m wrong. Feed out from PB connected to feed in on new SCV, return line from PB connected to return side on new SCV. Then I can run the feed out on the SCV and connect to return on SCV to keep the constant flow until implement is needed?

5. On my new SCV I have 2 spools do I need a loop for constant flow on both spools? Or can I use one and plug the other?

6. What happens if constant flow is not maintained? If I plumb this wrong will it be obvious and be able to be corrected or will everything work then blow to pieces while I’m cleaning the driveway?

7. I think I know this one but a return line to the tank(transmission) is not required correct? Preferred but not required?

Apologize for the long post! Thank you to all who read and those who help!! I’m going to try to add some pictures to help explain my thinking not sure if I’ll be able to.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB INST.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	659280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plumbing.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	659282
    Last edited by MadBech11; 11-29-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Adding Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Here is a link to a thread about me adding rear remotes to my 2016 2025R. The 2025R is the same tractor as the 2320. Just different model numbers.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...320-2025r.html
    Last edited by Superglidesport; 11-29-2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: edit for clarity
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply! Do you have any photos of your install and plumbing? Also you say you put a return line directly to the transmission. Is this a must or is there another way?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBech11 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Do you have any photos of your install and plumbing? Also you say you put a return line directly to the transmission. Is this a must or is there another way?
    Are the pictures in the thread not showing up for you? If they are not, PM me your email address & I will send them to you.
    The return line is required for an open center hydraulic system. Others will have to give advise on if a closed center valve can be used.
    Daveb likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Mad,
    There are many threads in this forum about adding valves to various models, most address the need for a separate return or tank line. Please don't limit your searching to only the 2320 for information, for example here is a good one about a 2720 that addresses this pretty well as I recall.

Installing a rear 3 spool SCV valve on a 2720
    glc and dieselshadow like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Are the pictures in the thread not showing up for you? If they are not, PM me your email address & I will send them to you.
    The return line is required for an open center hydraulic system. Others will have to give advise on if a closed center valve can be used.
    Yup I got them. I was on my phone earlier. Switched to my laptop and was able to see them. Thanks!!

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Mad,
    There are many threads in this forum about adding valves to various models, most address the need for a separate return or tank line. Please don't limit your searching to only the 2320 for information, for example here is a good one about a 2720 that addresses this pretty well as I recall.

Installing a rear 3 spool SCV valve on a 2720

Kenny,
    First off thanks for the reply!! Also I have read the post of the 2720 previously and he did a great job explaining it!! I guess what I can't wrap my head around is the need for the return to tank? Off the PB adapter plate there are 2 lines. Pump(out) and Return(in) right? If the other line is not a return where does it go? Like I said earlier the more I go the more confused I get Maybe I'm overthinking it?

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements