• 3 Post By Snowbird
  • 1 Post By Zebrafive

Thread: Noobie Needs Hydraulic Help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-10-2019 @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks

Noobie Needs Hydraulic Help

I have a 2016 JD 4066R tractor with H180 loader and grapple, and SB1184 snow blower. I also have Addington Industries forestry package which includes belly pan, limb risers and steel canopy. The 3rd SCV works the grip function on the grapple or the chute on the blower and is controlled by the thumb toggle on the joystick. It's easy to remove the grapple because the hydraulic lines connect to tubes on the loader arm. To connect the blower, however, I have to (1) disconnect at mid-body the hoses that connect to the tubes on the loader arm, (2) thread the hoses from the blower over the rear axle and under the operator deck and then connect them at mid-body. The belly pan protects these mid-body connection fittings from below, which is good, but it also means I can't grip either the female fitting or the hose with my fists. I have to use one arthritic finger and one arthritic thumb on each connector. I've done it many times. I've also, on occasion, tried to do it for 45 minutes and given up.

Can I put connectors for the blower on the back of the tractor where I can reach and operate them easily? Would I then need some kind of switch to activate the rear connectors vs. the connectors on the loader arm? (I don't need the grapple and the blower to work at the same time.)

Future problem: If I get a PTO wood chipper with a hydraulic feed, I'll need continuous flow to the rear. What do I need to have this option?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QuickConnect1.jpg   QuickConnect2.jpg  
    Big likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Welcome to GTT,

That sounds like an interesting setup, we'd love to see pictures!

1) Yes, you can add lines to the rear, no "switch" would be needed as long as only one thing is plugged in at a time. Seems to me JD had a "either or" kit to do just that, I'll try to remember where I saw that.

2) For continuous flow, you'll the the Power Beyond kit added, it's the same kit that would feed a logsplitter or backhoe. Most chippers however have a built in hydro system that is driven from the PTO shaft so it does not need to tie into the tractors system.
    fdmars, rtgt, Herminator and 2 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Dcladdpe (02-03-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    I "may" have found it. Read this post: Route 3rd SCV to Rear on 4066R

And look at the attachments below. The kit comes with the lines to do either/or, you'd just have to figure a way to tee them...I keep digging but this was discussed at one time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    rtgt, Herminator, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 AM
    Thanks
    You may just want to add two short extension hoses to the couplers on the tractor to facilitate connecting and disconnecting your hydraulic implements like your snowblower and chipper-feeder. Have two custom hoses made just long enough to bring the couplers out to where you can reach them. Install the extensions once and from then on, easy-peasy connections.... This is just one possible inexpensive solution for your tractor. Best of luck!

Sincerely
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 01-08-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Xmission Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket, Tooth Bar, Single Point Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, WR Long 3rd Function Hyd, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger with Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Thanks to all. Here's my plan.

OK. Thanks Kennyd and Homestead Joe! I really appreciate your help. So here's my plan. Ask my dealer about BLV10764. (I may already have it, and it's run to mid-tractor only.) If adding it will give me mid *and* rear, then I'll add it. Otherwise, I'll just go with "extension cords". I'll get two little short ones to connect to the mid-tractor connectors semi-permanently. I'll be able to grip these easily to connect the hoses from the loader or from the rear. Next I'll get two longer hoses to snake over the axle and under the operator station. When I use the blower I'll connect these mid-tractor and connect the blower hoses to them in the rear. I'll tidy things up with cable ties or bungees.

Then I'll confirm with chipper mfr that hydraulic feed chipper, like Wallenstein BX52R, has its own pump and just needs PTO from the tractor.

Let me know if I misunderstood anything. I'll report back with the results. Thanks again for your help.
    rtgt, Herminator and HomesteadJoe like this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowbird For This Useful Post:

Herminator (01-08-2019)

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

Here's my solution

So I had NAPA make two pairs of hoses, 1 pair 1', 1 pair 7' in length, ISO 5675 fittings. I used the short pair to bring the connection out from behind the belly pan and the long pair to run from the connection point to the rear of the tractor near the 3pt hitch. NAPA also sold me Pioneer 4250 Quick Connect fittings, which were just too stiff for me even when I could get both hands on the hoses. So after trying one pair of the Summit couplers as a sample, I swapped out all the Pioneer for Summit couplers. I can connect or disconnect on the first or maybe second try. Much better. Unlike the Pioneer, the Summit came with rubber caps for when not connected, and even plastic inserts to protect the threads until installed. Tells me the mfr thinks the product is worth protecting. Used cable ties just to color code. Thanks again for your help!

Hoses to loader 3rd funtion hanging loose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190127_132048.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	669450

Hoses tucked away.

Name:	20190127_132108.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	669452

Name:	20190127_132351.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	669454
    Kennyd, rtgt and HomesteadJoe like this.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Thanks
    On my 6415, from the mid loader valve, 3rd function, I installed a tee.

Forward lines go to the 6 way multi-coupler of the loader, then to the forward right boom arm to connect a grapple. Single point multi-coupler.

Rear lines go to the rear. On the inboard side of the right rear fender I installed a bracket and two quick couplers. Between the quick couplers and hoses, I installed 1/4 turn high pressure ball valves from Surplus Center. "just incase" I have two things connected and want to use the front couplers only. If I need to use only the rear, I have to disconnect grapple (if installed) Probably would have been cheaper/easier to leave the ball valves out, but I had them on hand, so I installed them.
    rtgt likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 03:53 AM
    Thanks
    I know I'm a bit late to this party but have you looked at Woodmaxx accessories?

I have their 3 point chipper and backhoe. Both come with their own hydraulic supply tank and run off the rear PTO and work fabulously. The chipper I have, the WM8H is awesome. I came up with a saying for it, "If it fits, it chips".

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements