My john deere 305 loader is too quick.
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By billstein
  • 4 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By JDSwan87
  • 2 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By 69project
  • 1 Post By JD4044M

Thread: My john deere 305 loader is too quick.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-24-2019 @ 12:06 AM
    Thanks

My john deere 305 loader is too quick.

I have a john deere 3032e with a 305 loader. I purchased a set of forks and I am spilling everything I load, damaging things also. I have seen advertisements on how fast the bucket action is, up and down and tilt. This is too fast for forks. Is there a flow controll valve that I can install on the joystick valve to slow the hydraulicks when I am using the forks, and open it back up when I am using the bucket? What size, and what line does it go on?
    JD4044M likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Welcome to GTT,
    Have you tried running at a lower RPM?

Yes, there are adjustable flow control valves you could add after the valve on the hose going towards the lift cylinders. There are a few types so depending on which one you pics you’d need either one or two.

The Surplus Center sells a few styles, this would work but you probably need adapters since there are no NPT fittings on the lines. Note that this one only controls flow in one direction, so you’d need two-one one each line.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...l-9-7960-6.axd
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Welcome to GTT,
    Have you tried running at a lower RPM?

Yes, there are adjustable flow control valves you could add after the valve on the hose going towards the lift cylinders. There are a few types so depending on which one you pics you’d need either one or two.

The Surplus Center sells a few styles, this would work but you probably need adapters since there are no NPT fittings on the lines. Note that this one only controls flow in one direction, so you’d need two-one one each line.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...l-9-7960-6.axd
    Forgive me for asking but does this reduce lifting capacity? My mind says no since it only reduces volume and not pressure and pressure is what gives you lifting capacity....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    JD4044M likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
    Forgive me for asking but does this reduce lifting capacity? My mind says no since it only reduces volume and not pressure and pressure is what gives you lifting capacity....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No forgivenesses needed, you are 100% correct.
    JDSwan87 and JD4044M like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

JDSwan87 (01-24-2019)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billstein View Post
    I have a john deere 3032e with a 305 loader. I purchased a set of forks and I am spilling everything I load, damaging things also. I have seen advertisements on how fast the bucket action is, up and down and tilt. This is too fast for forks. Is there a flow controll valve that I can install on the joystick valve to slow the hydraulicks when I am using the forks, and open it back up when I am using the bucket? What size, and what line does it go on?
    Like Kenny D said, just reduce your RPM's until you get used to the loader. My 3025E was the same way when I got it. It took a few hours but I am used to is now. Also, if you just crack the joy stick in whatever direction you want to go with it, makes a huge difference. You can't slam the joystick around or it will dump your load. Once you figure out the control touch needed, it will become second nature to operate it smoothly.

Full throttle is about 2500+/- RPM's. If you back it off to around 2000 RPM it will probably slow enough until you get used to its action.
    johncanfield likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-24-2019 @ 12:06 AM
    Thanks

My john deere loader is too quick

I always use the lowest RPM and move the joystick as smooth and slow as I can. If I just install the flow controll valve you recommended on the tilt both dirrections, how many will I need?

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    When I got my 4044M I was having problems with it moving fast. I bought adjustable valves that were full flow one way and metered flow the other. I bought all the fittings and put them on my loader and the darn fitting started to leak and I pulled them off. I may put them back on one day cause big heavy bales of hay are hard to lower slow and I use 2 hands on the control still after 2 years!! If you get the one way metering you can still come up fast but adjust it to down slow. I will see if I have a picture of the ones I used.

Here is a picture of it has adjustment lines and as far as I could tell just one per line going to the 2 cylinders. I tapped mine in at the Joy Stick to the hoses going out. Darn regular threads started leaking right thru the tape and it was winter and cold so I just removed them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hydro%20Control%20Valve.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	669378 Kenny would know more about placement then me on how to use them better.

I may be wrong but I figured the flow needed to be full one way or it would restrict the empting of the cylinder when it moved the other way. I was only concerned about down on the loader arms and down on tilt because lifting the load was easy it did not go as fast!

This one works like mine did;https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands...l-9-7960-6.axd
    Last edited by JD4044M; 01-27-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    johncanfield likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements