Yet Another Hydraulic Question!!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By FredSG
  • 4 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Yet Another Hydraulic Question!!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks

Yet Another Hydraulic Question!!

Hello again,

This web site and especially this forum has become my "life line" for all things I don't understand about tractor hydraulics. My ordered 4052R with cab will arrive in the next week or two. The dealer is about a two hour ride from me so I'm trying to get my 4052R set up and equipped with all needed hydraulics so I won't have to bring it back to the dealership for additional installation. To compound matters, I don't own a trailer to transport it, so it's important for me to get things done correctly before the dealer brings the 4052R to me.

So here goes with another question regarding hydraulics.

I've ordered my 4052R with the 3rd, 4th and 5th hydraulic SCV. The 3rd SCV has rear tubing. I told my dealer that I wanted to be able to hook up my 3rd SCV to run my soon to be ordered Grapple. To assist with the Grapple hookup, I purchased the JD Hydraulic Kit BW16414.

This was his reply:

I just laid this hydraulic diagram out with one of my techs and the best way is to add the bw16414 line kit and connect it to the blv10763 (which you already bought). We would create a tee to allow the oil to go to the back as originally planned or to the front if you had a grapple hooked up. The only limitation to this is you cannot have something plugged into the back 3rd port and the front 3rd point at the same time (which you wouldn't anyway).

With this tee setup you would have all four functions of your joystick (up down, tilt and curl) and a button on your thumb to open/close your joystick or to control whatever you have plugged in on back.

Does what he wrote seem correct to you? My dealer would create a tee to allow the oil to go to the back as originally planned or to the front if I had a grapple hooked up. And this movement of oil to the front or rear would be controlled by the switch on my Loader Handle (BLV10763)? Is this correct? And the opening and closing of the Grapple, and its up and down movement, would be controlled by the joystick? Just trying to understand how it all works. If this is all wrong, please suggest what I would need differently.

Thank you!

FredSG
    keane and JD4044M like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Fred,
    That is a perfect solution, and one I eluded to before in this reply: https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ml#post3191182

...The 3rd SCV comes with the piping to have the QD's (quick disconnects) extended to the mid section (where the loader connects) OR the rear of the tractor. There was some discussion on doing both at the same time, but that was a custom job - not something JD offered...

Sounds like your dealer is willing to go the extra mile to make that happen, kudo's to him
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

FredSG (03-01-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Fred,
    That is a perfect solution, and one I eluded to before in this reply: https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ml#post3191182

Sounds like your dealer is willing to go the extra mile to make that happen, kudo's to him
    Agreed! Seems to want to help add functionality and keep costs down while doing so... Your dealer is a definite "keeper"!

Sincerely
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Xmission Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket, Tooth Bar, Single Point Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, WR Long 3rd Function Hyd, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger with Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

FredSG (03-12-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FredSG View Post
    With this tee setup you would have all four functions of your joystick (up down, tilt and curl) and a button on your thumb to open/close your joystick or to control whatever you have plugged in on back.

Does what he wrote seem correct to you? My dealer would create a tee to allow the oil to go to the back as originally planned or to the front if I had a grapple hooked up. And this movement of oil to the front or rear would be controlled by the switch on my Loader Handle (BLV10763)? Is this correct? And the opening and closing of the Grapple, and its up and down movement, would be controlled by the joystick? Just trying to understand how it all works. If this is all wrong, please suggest what I would need differently.

Thank you!

FredSG
    The opening and closing of the grapple would be controlled by the button on your joystick, not the joystick itself. The T would allow you to use that same button to control something connected to either the front or the rear of the tractor, just not both at the same time.

PS: Also agree your dealer is a keeper.
    Last edited by DanW; 03-11-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Efficiency is just intelligent laziness.

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DanW For This Useful Post:

FredSG (03-12-2019)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies to my original post and for the dealer, too. My 4052R is coming this week or next week and look forward to the challenge of learning more about hydraulics.

Thanks again,

FredG

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements