• 2 Post By Kennyd
  • 2 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: Bolt on Hook's new hydraulic diverter

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks

Bolt on Hook's new hydraulic diverter

Just contacted Ken but this should also be on the forum.. I have a grapple for my JD4400 operatored by a 3rd scv with a handle on the fender. Works great but I think might consider
    Ken's artillian valve. I don't need the plumbing to the grapple have the line but need a quick attach. Anyone installed on 1025R...electrical not an issue but the attaching hose and couplers whould be of interest. Any photos or advise. Tks Chuck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    In reassessing my grapple...it may be too much for the 1025R, however the diverter valve may still be useful for other things....would like to have sectional photos of the valve. It seems like the challenge is the pass through connections. It it simply connected to the existing lines as a pass thru and then you had the other two out for the switch, would be nice. Maybe Ken will post some close ups of the valve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3618.JPG   DSCN3619.JPG   DSCN3616.JPG   DSCN3617.JPG   DSCN3620.JPG  

rtgt, Herminator and JD4044M like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Thanks

Front and rear

Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    In reassessing my grapple...it may be too much for the 1025R, however the diverter valve may still be useful for other things....would like to have sectional photos of the valve. It seems like the challenge is the pass through connections. It it simply connected to the existing lines as a pass thru and then you had the other two out for the switch, would be nice. Maybe Ken will post some close ups of the valve.
    I have a diverter valve on my 790 and have good intention of putting T's in the output lines and running to the rear of the tractor. Most likely, (hopefully) I will seldom need the grapple on the FEL at the same time I'm using an implement on the back that needs hydraulics so my thought is to use the same control on for front and back. it's a Round To It project and I haven't gotten there yet but hopefully this summer. It would be handy to have hydraulics at the back as I could then use the tractor for hay raking or potentially even tedding although both of those are done at a speed that would be rough on the 790. I much prefer a larger tractor but sometimes those might be tied up with other things. . .

Having a connection at the rear would also make a hydraulic top link much more feasible. That could be handy if I had a bucket on the front and box blade or rear blade on the rear.

If anyone else has done this on a 790, i'd be curious how they mounted the rear hydraulic couplings.

Treefarmer
    rtgt and JD4044M like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Treefarmer: I had a 790 and to my knowledge there was no factory spool or kit....I had a 990 and there wasn't any for it either. It's a stretch to have this available as there is a lot more castings needed in the pump area....I wish I could see the valve used for the diverter...I think the issue is connections....
    rtgt and JD4044M like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    I responded to your email, but it may have bounced back...

First, to address this:
    Ken's artillian valve
    Ken, or rather BoltOnHooks LLC and Artillian are two completely separate entities. The former owner of Artillian (Chris) and I, along with our supplier developed this valve many, many years ago, but Chris took it further and developed the complete kits for various loaders, whereas we just sell the basic valve body and electrics for the not-so-common machines or custom installs. The Artillian kit is really a great value when you consider it comes with the 6 hoses, mounts, front bulkhead, switch/electrics, and detailed instructions for each application. It also looks OEM once in stalled and make no permanent modifications to the machines.

I don't need the plumbing to the grapple have the line but need a quick attach. Anyone installed on 1025R...electrical not an issue
    Since our valve does come with the electrical, you'd probably be better served looking at various selector/diverter valves from the Surplus Center or other sources. They come bare-bones. Mounting, electric, hoses and fittings are all up to you.

but the attaching hose and couplers whould be of interest.
    Another advantage of the Artillian kit, this is all figured out for you. No multiple trip to the hydraulic store, or paying for shipping for the wrong parts only to have to return them and wait more for different stuff. Hydraulics aren't that hard, but there are a ton of different fittings and sizes and many can be expensive.
    jgayman, rtgt, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    ... Maybe Ken will post some close ups of the valve.
    Here you go:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DValve-Front Bottom.jpg   DValve-Front Bottom A1B1 (Large).jpg   DValve-Front Bottom A2B2 (Large).jpg  
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

rtgt (03-06-2019)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

Simple connection

Treefarmer: I had a 790 and to my knowledge there was no factory spool or kit....I had a 990 and there wasn't any for it either. It's a stretch to have this available as there is a lot more castings needed in the pump area....I wish I could see the valve used for the diverter...I think the issue is connections....
    Since I already have the diverter valve and flex lines running to the front of the loader i can just put a simple T in the line and go from there. It will pressurize both front and back connections so I can't use both at once but I don't think it will be an issue to use one or the other.

The valve is a simple block with the electrical connections and hydraulic ports. The good stuff is mostly inside but as far as connecting lines, they are just screwed into the valve body. There really isn't much to see.

Treefarmer
    Kennyd and rtgt like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    I think here is where it gets sticky...I wish there was a direct bolt on diverter to those loader steel lines...with the added outlets for the 3rd control....maybe Ken's would do this...not really sure....I suppose the Artillian would be worth the additional as it was so designed...like Ken said....
    rtgt likes this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    ...I wish there was a direct bolt on diverter to those loader steel lines...
    There just isn't enough real estate on these little tractors to do that.
    rtgt and Treefarmer like this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks

Steel lines

I think here is where it gets sticky...I wish there was a direct bolt on diverter to those loader steel lines...with the added outlets for the 3rd control....maybe Ken's would do this...not really sure....I suppose the Artillian would be worth the additional as it was so designed...like Ken said....
    I'm not sure if you are referring to the steel lines underneath the tractor or the lines along the FEL boom. My diverter is mounted on the loader frame and therefore needs flex lines going to the boom arm as do the regular loader connections. I guess you could cut into the lines under the tractor and install a diverter but that would put the valve down in dirt and mud which seems dubious to me. I'm honestly not sure of the routing of the lines underneath my 790 much less any other model but Ken's right- space is at a premium on a CUT or SCUT.

Is it possible you are overthinking this? Since I'm not exactly sure of what your concerns are, that isn't an idle question. I know when I'm looking at a project, lots of possibilities run through my mind and most of the time I try to pick the simplest. Sometimes I get into a project and someone else comes along and says, "Why didn't you do it THIS way?" and all I can answer is "Duh, didn't think of it."

Treefarmer
    mark02tj and keane like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements