The next time you want to complain about couplers that are hard to connect...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The next time you want to complain about couplers that are hard to connect...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts

The next time you want to complain about couplers that are hard to connect...

Most everyone with a loader has probably had the problem... you disconnect your loader and then later on you cannot get it connected because pressure has built up in the lines. Most folks just press in on the coupler tip to vent off some fluid and off you go.

I noticed that newer Kubotas have reversed gender hydraulic connections for the loader. Meaning, they have the male fittings on the tractor and the ends of the hoses have female couplers. I started thinking maybe that system was better and less likely to leak when disconnected.

Then today I was watching a video of a guy with a Kubota trying to reattach his loader after being stored for winter and he couldn't get the couplers attached. He was able to easily relieve pressure on the tractor side by moving the joystick. But... with female couplers on the loader side there was no tip to press and the only solution was to loosen the couplers and vent some pressure. No pressing the tip against something and no fancy tool that works.

I'm glad JD kept the female couplers on the tractor side.
    mjncad, glc, HydroHarold and 9 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

kylew (03-27-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-13-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Most everyone with a loader has probably had the problem... you disconnect your loader and then later on you cannot get it connected because pressure has built up in the lines. Most folks just press in on the coupler tip to vent off some fluid and off you go.

I noticed that newer Kubotas have reversed gender hydraulic connections for the loader. Meaning, they have the male fittings on the tractor and the ends of the hoses have female couplers. I started thinking maybe that system was better and less likely to leak when disconnected.

Then today I was watching a video of a guy with a Kubota trying to reattach his loader after being stored for winter and he couldn't get the couplers attached. He was able to easily relieve pressure on the tractor side by moving the joystick. But... with female couplers on the loader side there was no tip to press and the only solution was to loosen the couplers and vent some pressure. No pressing the tip against something and no fancy tool that works.

So you saying it pays to go Green
    mjncad, glc, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

What would be Kubota's logic for reversing the fittings? Could it be to prevent dirt and debris from getting in the female couplers which have historically been left on the tractor to be subject to tough conditions by having the male connections on the tractor instead, which would be easier to clean?

Also, did you know the fittings were reversed before the guy had trouble or did you notice it while he was trying to resolve the problem? Just wondered if that was the reason you were watching the video (that the fittings were reversed)......
    Toughsox likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    What would be Kubota's logic for reversing the fittings? Could it be to prevent dirt and debris from getting in the female couplers which have historically been left on the tractor to be subject to tough conditions by having the male connections on the tractor instead, which would be easier to clean?

Also, did you know the fittings were reversed before the guy had trouble or did you notice it while he was trying to resolve the problem? Just wondered if that was the reason you were watching the video (that the fittings were reversed)......
    I noticed it while he was trying to solve the problem. He has a Kubota B-series tractor. Back when Kubota released the new BX models I noticed they had reversed couplers but I thought it was just to accommodate the single-point that they now come with. This video was just a guy I watch all the time and he was talking about problems he has getting the loader reattached each spring. One issue was having it on uneven ground and the other was due to pressure in the lines. My initial thought was "Oh, so they have the problem too". But then he went on to describe how it was difficult to release the pressure due to not being able to push on the tip. I then became aware that some of the B-series also have reverse couplers.
    glc, BigJim55, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #5
    SRG
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Thanks
    That can't be it because 'skid steer' style flat face female couplers, have the orifice all the way flush to the face. Unlike the female AG couplers which leave the female side wide open (much like an Ex GF of mine, but I digress lol).
    I'm thinking because it's easier to pull back on the sliding collar while pushing it over the male side at the same time, with both hands on it, then it is to have one hand on the female side holding the collar open, while the other hand has to push the male side in. About the only reason I can come up with.
    I agree with the OP, silly for it to be backwards, and unable to bleed the pressure with the FEL lever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails download (1).jpeg   download.jpeg  
    Last edited by SRG; 03-27-2019 at 02:45 PM.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [Woods HBL72-2 rear blade, 72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    That can't be it because 'skid steer' style flat face female couplers, have the orifice all the way flush to the face. Unlike the female AG couplers which leave the female side wide open (much like an Ex GF of mine, but I digress lol).
    I'm thinking because it's easier to pull back on the sliding collar while pushing it over the male side at the same time, with both hands on it, then it is to have one hand on the female side holding the collar open, while the other hand has to push the male side in. About the only reason I can come up with.
    I agree with the OP, silly for it to be backwards, and unable to bleed the pressure with the FEL lever.
    Well, I think I will just take you at your word on this matter........

Those goofy Kubota kids, you just never know what they are going to come up with next........

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #7
    SRG
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Thanks

Those goofy Kubota kids, you just never know what they are going to come up with next........
    Hehehe.

I think Kubota is coming out with a new, from the seat, hydraulic disconnect system on either the B2601, or the B2650, I can't recall which.

Skip to the 5:00 minute mark.
    Kubota 2019 New Products | Orlando Dealer Meeting - YouTube
    Last edited by SRG; 03-27-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    BigJim55 and Toughsox like this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [Woods HBL72-2 rear blade, 72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    05-24-2019 @ 05:11 AM
    Thanks

Ha ha! You mean like the nice easy single point with flat-faced couplers that comes as standard equipment on the BX's FEL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elAi...&frags=pl%2Cwn

JD needs to catch up!
    BigJim55 and Toughsox like this.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-24-2019 @ 05:11 AM
    Thanks
    Duplicate Post
    wildbranch2007 likes this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    There is still a tip you can press to relieve pressure in the female couplers, just need to use a dowel or punch or something
    BigJim55 likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast