• 2 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By Ray_PA

Thread: Trying to hookup a sickle bar mower hydraulics to a 1023e

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-09-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks

Trying to hookup a sickle bar mower hydraulics to a 1023e

Hello, I am new to this thread, I have a 1023e 2014 model, I am trying to add a enorossi sickle bar mower to it. The only thing left to do is to get the hydraulics working. I don't want to lose the use of my mower deck or my bucket. I am being told that my only option is BLV10351 (Third SCV Kit). the mower only uses one cylinder and just one line. is there any other options here, or ways around this?

Thank you in advance. Birdman

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Thanks

Diverter valve

I would think you could use a diverter valve running off the bucket lines. I'm not sure how that would work trying to combine a single acting cylinder into a double acting system but maybe Kenny could offer an opinion. I'm also not sure if it saves you any money but the plus side is you could be set up to use a grapple.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Welcome to GTT,

There are many threads in this forum about adding remote valves to 1025's and 1026's, they will be the same as your 1023e. Rather than using the JD kit, I'd suggest adding your own if your handy, or Brian at FitRite Hydraulics still make a kit I think for the 1-series that wil add 2 or 3 spools.
    Ray_PA likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-09-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    I have read some of the threads but I am still leaning the hydraulic system on my tractor, what type of valve should I use and where should I hook into?
    I check to see if the kit that Kenny spoke about but from what I read on his site, he doesn't offer kits any more. Would I use a double spool valve or what? Once I know what parts I need, and where to tap into, then I can handle it. thank you

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    rtgt and Ray_PA like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    Considering what you want to do, lift and lower the sickle bar, and if that is all you will ever want to do with the rear SCV, the the best and maybe easiest option is to use the OEM BLV10351 kit. Although, this kit is not compatible with a tractor with power beyond. I didn't notice if you have power beyond on your tractor. Third selective-control-valve (SCV) kit

It is hard to tell if the sickle bar has a double acting cylinder or a single acting cylinder. Does it have one hose or two going to the cylinder?

Here is how I installed rear SCV's on my 1025R.

I bought my valve and mounting bracket from Fit-Rite Hydraulics because I didn't want to take the time to build the bracket and spec the valve. Brian already had done that work . I did check with Brian at Fit-Rite Hydraulic, before I bought the valve, as to what make valve he used. He used a Bucher valve which is high quality.

So, below is a PDF showing the entire build up of how I did mine. Now, my 1025R has OEM power beyond but if you do not have power beyond, I added a few illustrations at the end of the PDF manual to show how to connect with non-power beyond tractors.

I also included the specs pages on the Bucher valve sections that I have. I have stacked design, 3 valve sections, with a detented float on each spool. You can put as many valve sections as you need, up to 10 (although you have limited space on a 1 series), they just stake together.
    https://www.hydraulicstore.com/hydra...l-stack-valves

A maybe easier design is the mono-block type valve that has a pre-determined number of valve spools. Here is a link to Bucher Monoblock valves that will work. Essentially you select how many valve spools you want.
    https://www.hydraulicstore.com/hydra.../valves?page=1

"Building your own" rear SCV system for a 1 series takes some skills and equipment to do, so depending on your abilities will dictate how detailed and creative you get.

Possibly the best thing to do is talk to a good local hydraulic shop that sells control valves and ask them to spec out a valve with double acting cylinder spools, specify if you want detented float positions on the spools, how many spools you want/need, has an adjustable inlet section relief valve, has #8 ORB ports, and can be set up with power beyond.

For sure, for a rear SCV to work properly and live, you do need to have the rear SCV set up with power beyond or what Bucher calls H.P.C.O. (carry over). The issue with a 1 series is, there isn't a location to connect another tank line, so you have to add this. It isn't hard to do, if you have some skills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bucher Inlet Section_marked.jpg   Bucher Levers_Marked.jpg   Bucher Outlet Section_Marked.jpg   Bucher Spools_Marked.jpg   Bucher Valve Section_Marked.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    rtgt likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements