• 3 Post By Kbar
  • 3 Post By Catfishin

Thread: Hose is chafing

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 06:11 PM
    Thanks

Hose is chafing

What's the best way to protect the hydraulic hoses from chafing? They're on a 4 in 1 bucket and it's the hoses that open and close the bucket.

Thank you in advance.
    Old Cajun likes this.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 AM
    Thanks

Tie them down

Quote Originally Posted by Catfishin View Post
    What's the best way to protect the hydraulic hoses from chafing? They're on a 4 in 1 bucket and it's the hoses that open and close the bucket.

Thank you in advance.
    The obvious answer is to anchor them so they don't move but that's not always possible. On my grapple, I tie the hoses to the timing rod on the loader and then on the grapple frame on top with slack in between so the hose can flex as I tilt the grapple. It also has Kenny's sleeve around it.

For more heavy duty uses you will sometimes see a wire coil around a hose but the basic idea is to limit movement, pad or protect or both.

Treefarmer
    Old Cajun and Catfishin like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    Hi Catfishin
    I have had a 1025R with a 4 in 1 bucket since late 2014 I have nearly 600 hrs on it. As you can see from the pictures below the lines are pretty well unprotected. The only line to be damaged was one of the lines from the third action valve to the bucket, it was damaged because it was too long and got caught up in the scissor action of the dump and curl linkages. I replaced both lined with shorter ones and have had no more trouble.
    I have done a lot of loader and using the 4 in 1 grab work and have not had a problems
    Regards John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0076.JPG IMG_0077.JPG
    DRobinson and Catfishin like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts

Thank you in advance.
    You can get some Dura-Wrap sleeving from KBOGH and attach it to your hoses. It comes in different sizes depending on the size of your hoses. It is sold by the foot and secures with a Velcro flap so you don't have to undo any hoses to install it. I use it on my loader and rear blade hoses.

Click the link below and then scroll to the bottom.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>>
    DRobinson and Catfishin like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

Garden hose?

I was wondering if I could split a piece of garden hose and put over them?
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Thanks
    I was wondering if I could split a piece of garden hose and put over them?
    Go for it. If you need a quick fix or just donít want to spend any money, any old hose will do. Just make sure it can stand the heat of the hydro. Of course thereís applications for this exact thing, but in a pinch, wrap it with a hose, and zip tie that bastard. Just make sure you donít impede its movement or tie it too tight. Use a green hose, and itíll look legit

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks

Thank you!

I just ordered some Dura Wrap from Kenny. I'm sure I will love it just as much as everything else I've gotten from him!!!
    Kennyd, DRobinson and keane like this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Catfishin For This Useful Post:

Kennyd†(06-26-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements