Adapted an Artillian diverter to fit a 4610!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By balrog006

Thread: Adapted an Artillian diverter to fit a 4610!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks

Adapted an Artillian diverter to fit a 4610!

My In-law’s heat with wood (primarily), so my Father-in-law is tasked with gathering cutting and splitting 4-5 cords each year, and as he approaches 70 it’s getting harder and taking him longer to do it. Last year or so I welded him a JDQA frame to mount forks on so he could use the forks to help out. He’s gotten pretty good at scooping up logs and moving brush with them, moving pallets etc.-but every time they visit he eyes my grapple. I recently had the opportunity to buy a take off Artillian diverter from a Gen1 2r series and we agreed to try and mount it on his 4610.

After some sleuthing on my part for a couple fittings and a fuse tap that would fit as well as gathering some misc supplies-split loom, tape, butt splices, shrink tube, etc. I planned the install for the holiday as we were visiting.

Probably the hardest part was mounting the actual diverter valve-part of his loader is a C/U shaped arm so it would be protected and was a good place for the split hoses the diverter supplies. I used the included long thin bolts and a piece of cut down angle iron as a bottom cradle and threaded the bolt heads up thru an existing hole in the loader arm, basically hanging the valve body inside that channel.

Electrical was next, we mounted the switch and threaded the wiring down under the floor boards securing it to an existing loom once it was wrapped in split loom. The existing fuse panel was within 6” of the end of the wiring, making installation of the mini fuse tap easily done. I hade issues finding a fuse that wouldn’t give a trouble code from the machine and able to face the right direction for the correct polarity of the panel and the tap, but on the 3rd try we had power. I struggled to find a decent ground on the right side of the machine that I had the right fittings for... ended up tying off to the battery temporarily. My FIL will find a large enough ring terminal to use the main engine ground half way to the battery.

After that identifying the dump/curl circuit, removing the right hoses and connecting the new diverter hoses went really quickly. The diverter lines with the QD’s for the front of the tractor ended up within inches of the loader crossbar. We just zip tied them in place, I didn’t use the block and clamp assembly there, the loader arm is too big and the existing hard lines are exposed so it really wouldn’t be a good idea to clamp over them anyway.

We fired up and cycled things, checked for leaks-had none- and attached the HD frame and the grapple unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18CD4300-C8AB-4FCF-B1CE-8F685FBF6FDE.jpeg   970B5C3A-7AF1-45BF-BF93-7E112F6A3664.jpeg   D9CBF944-30D0-4FE7-99C8-B270F7F29600.jpeg   5E8CD982-9C69-41DB-A864-B0E583751F9E.jpeg   0174AE4E-2ED6-49EF-8AD6-FFA9C93D1E2D.jpeg  

Kennyd, mark02tj and theduke like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    Looks good. I’m curious as to how it will work with just the center grapple as I’ve been eyeing doing that with my 1025r to keep cost down a bit. Have at least 3, possibly 5 pine trees that we are going to cut down this year. Each is 15-25 feet tall. Would sure be nice if tractor could do the the branch cleanup and not me. We usually have at least two trailer loads of brush to haul away each fall and one more in spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    Looks good. I’m curious as to how it will work with just the center grapple as I’ve been eyeing doing that with my 1025r to keep cost down a bit. Have at least 3, possibly 5 pine trees that we are going to cut down this year. Each is 15-25 feet tall. Would sure be nice if tractor could do the the branch cleanup and not me. We usually have at least two trailer loads of brush to haul away each fall and one more in spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have more rakes and another grapple section, but I just brought one grapple section up because the primary use will be logs. Log retrieving, carrying and holding for cutting into length for firewood. The single center grapple seemed best suited for that.

The additional rakes do make stabilizing a large, disbursed load easier, scooting brush up into a pile to pickup easier and things like that-but they’ll sometimes get in the way of trying to grab a single cut log.

So in an effort to help him while keeping things as simple as possible this was my route.
    Last edited by balrog006; 07-04-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements