4th & 5th scv drift 4720
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4th & 5th scv drift 4720

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 08:28 PM
    Thanks

4th & 5th scv drift 4720

Just bought a 2011 4720 cab & fel. Had local dealer install 4th & 5th scv. They both drift down quickly. Dealer replaced valve. Still leaks down, running or not using hydro top and side link. If I move the top link to the 3rd scv factory installed it holds rock solid. Im about ready to have them remove it and return my $2K. Anybody got experience with this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Thanks
    Are there little needle valves on the top of the valve block with a little “T” handle? I have an electric 3rd SCV on my open station 4720 (my 4th and 5th are manual levers on the OS), and it has a needle valve you can open that bleeds pressure so you can connect implements easier. If that needle valve isn’t closed when you are done, then it will drift pretty bad.
    Kennyd likes this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 08:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    Are there little needle valves on the top of the valve block with a little “T” handle? I have an electric 3rd SCV on my open station 4720 (my 4th and 5th are manual levers on the OS), and it has a needle valve you can open that bleeds pressure so you can connect implements easier. If that needle valve isn’t closed when you are done, then it will drift pretty bad.
    Arlen, thanx. My 4720 is a 2011 cab so JD says I could only get electric control although the brackets for cables are there. My 3rd scv has a relief tee valve but the 4th and 5th do not. They replaced it with a new valve kit but JD says the drift can't be fixed so I had them take them off and refund my money. Found a 2 spool joystick kit on ebay for $400. My hydro genius is installing it now. Ill let you know how it works. First time with service at James River Equipment did not go well. Im not above going back to orange.
    johncanfield likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements