Electric over hydralic third function valve.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Electric over hydralic third function valve.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    01-03-2014 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks

Electric over hydralic third function valve.

I finaly got the new hydralic fittings to hook up the angle cylinders on the Curtis snow plow and even though we have no snow I was playing around with it today. As stated in a earlier thread I am useing the curl/dump hook up on the SCV and it works just fine. Problem is, the shed I park the tractor is only a 10'x12' shed, as it is I have to drop the bucket off the loader to park the tractor in there. With the snow plow on the loader mount and loosing the curl/dump for the angle, I find it easier to just drop the whole loader rather than unhooking the plow.
    My question is has anybody tried hooking up a electric over hydralic valve kit such as the ones W.R Long sells for their grapples and 4in1 buckets, seems to me if they will open & close a grapple they would operate a blade left & right.
    If I read there website right it appears that this valve is powered through the power beyond port on the pump from the tractor. look forward to all of your input.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jeff

2012 X540
    Rim Guard loaded rear tires
    48'' Snow Plow with Angle Kit
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    Jeff, I will move this thread to the Hydraulic forum in a few...

Please do a search of the term "diverter" also, lots of info already on the site.

There are two basic setups:

The true "3rd function" that does indeed plumb into the PB lines and is completely independent.

On our small tractors though, the diverter option is a little easier and cheaper to get working. The diverter basically takes the lines that go to the dump/curl cylinders and "diverts" them to the plow, grapple, or 4n1 bucket giving you a 3rd function although it is not independent. It can mount on the loader mast and you only need a simple momentary switch to operate it. I have been using this setup on my tractor for about 5 years now.

Do some reading, and we will go from there...
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Jeff, I will move this thread to the Hydraulic forum in a few...

Please do a search of the term "diverter" also, lots of info already on the site.

There are two basic setups:

The true "3rd function" that does indeed plumb into the PB lines and is completely independent.

On our small tractors though, the diverter option is a little easier and cheaper to get working. The diverter basically takes the lines that go to the dump/curl cylinders and "diverts" them to the plow, grapple, or 4n1 bucket giving you a 3rd function although it is not independent. It can mount on the loader mast and you only need a simple momentary switch to operate it. I have been using this setup on my tractor for about 5 years now.

Do some reading, and we will go from there...
    Thanks kenny,
    You are right as to alot of the info is already here on the forum. Looks like it will be a some what costly mod no matter which way I go for the third function. I will however keep looking into the options. It would be nice to get a couple of QDs out by the JDQA and not have to run those long hoses back to the SCV. Just proves the point, when you think you have solved one problem another pops up...
    Jeff

2012 X540
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    Jeff, you wil learn very quickly that the only things cheap about hydraulics is O-rings and my advice

If you put a "kit" together yourself expect it to cost about $400-$500. WR Long also sells a diverter kit, so you can ge a price from them as well.

Here is another "kit", but I have not fully investigated it...yet. I may also be putting together a "package" for our tractors in the future if there is any interest.

http://www.hydraulicstore.com/images...Selectplus.pdf

HS Diverter
    Last edited by Kennyd; 01-31-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Priced the JD third function kit today for the 1026R, it is 600.00. Don't think I would like it due the fact it has its own valve/handle that has to be mounted on the tractor somewhere, and did not look to convenient to mount or use. I like the electric over Hydralic or the diverters due to the fact the function is controiled by a switch. The dealer did say he could sell me a system like I wanted BUT, it would come with a 3xxx or 4xxx tractor conected to it.
    May be a thought
    Jeff

2012 X540
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

8. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,560 Posts
    Jeff, I too looked into the 3rd SCV. You also have to buy the PB kit. If I understand correctly, you also lose the ability to use the PB. You need the kit to make the 3rd SCV work. All in all just under $800 retail.....ouch.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Jeff, I too looked into the 3rd SCV. You also have to buy the PB kit. If I understand correctly, you also lose the ability to use the PB. You need the kit to make the 3rd SCV work. All in all just under $800 retail.....ouch.
    Kenny posted a diverter kit that looks pretty good. I am really intrested in the W.R. Long kit or one like it. Only problem is they don't do direct sales and the closest dealer to me is a Kubota dealer that may not care for me to much since I bought the 1026R and not his BX2660
    I may give Nelson a call and see if he can give me some input and steer me in the right direction, I figuar for as much as I saved on my snowplow I can buy the 3rd function and still be ahead of the game
    Jeff

2012 X540
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    If that sales guy is mad at you for buying a different brand, he needs a reality check and to be in the unemployment line. That would be horrible. We are all free to choose what we want with the money we earn. He should be happy you came back in the store.

Brian

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    If that sales guy is mad at you for buying a different brand, he needs a reality check and to be in the unemployment line. That would be horrible. We are all free to choose what we want with the money we earn. He should be happy you came back in the store.
    I agree Brian, but he is the owner of the store and as I have read in other forums those Kabota dealers have thin skin...
    Jeff

2012 X540
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks

Fasse Valves

Has anybody used or know of anyone that has used the Fasse 757-1550 OMNI valves? I was on there web page and they look pretty nice and easy to install. Here is a link to there page http://www.digitalmagazinetechnology...#page=7&zoom=1I think this will do what I want to do. I will do some more research and try to get a price. Any input is welcome on this subject.
    Thanks
    Jeff

2012 X540
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast