Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Aerator - Everything Attachments

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks

Aerator - Everything Attachments

Well, finally made the purchase. I just got my new Everything attachments 48" aerator. After thinking about an aerator for several months, I finally decided on the Everything Attachments drum type.
    I haven't used it yet since it is still to early in the season in the NE.

After unloading and inspecting it, the overall quality looks pretty good. Concerning the park stands, I think I will need to do a little modification to these. I don't like that the park stands allow the unit to move several inches sideways. Probably just my perfectionism showing!!

While changing the top link pin location from CAT 2 to CAT 1, I quickly found the top link side plates were drawn together from welding. When I removed the support spacer, I had to use a steel wedge to spread the plates to get the spacer back in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170304_102840.jpg 20170304_102159.jpg 20170304_102010.jpg 20170304_100336.jpg
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks
    Nice looking aerator, I am still thinking on one myself.
    Drifterbike and TJR345 like this.

--- Ed ---

*2016 1025R TLB, 54" Auto Connect MMM w/ mulch kit, Imatch, Wheel Wts
    Artiliian 42" Forks
    JD 54 Plow Blade w/ Artillian Snow Plow System
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks & Clevis, 2x2 Bolt on Receiver, Diff Pedal, Seat Spring Upgrade, Oblong Ring Slings
    SD Hvy Hitch, Combo Cart, 53" Toothbar, Front Weight Hitch
    R2 Edge Tamers
    JD HP 45 Gallon 3-PT Hitch Sprayer
    BXpanded BH Thumb, Quick Connect, Ripper Blade, Trench Bucket
    Mower Deck Axle
    8 JD Suitcase Wts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CountryLakes1025R For This Useful Post:

Ray_PA(03-05-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Thanks
    Very nice! I've been thinking about one of these too. I wish that I could rent one but the only one the local rental shop has is a pull behind...just not feasible for my use.
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah, I have been wanting to get one too. I was looking at their disc type though. Let us know how well it works.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Drifterbike likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldmanX View Post
    Very nice! I've been thinking about one of these too. I wish that I could rent one but the only one the local rental shop has is a pull behind...just not feasible for my use.
    I was thinking renting also, but, the only ones that I found are self-propelled or really large 3 point units that were too big for the 1025R.
    I am also one of those people that thinks, if you have to rent something three times, you may as well own it.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    Yeah, I have been wanting to get one too. I was looking at their disc type though. Let us know how well it works.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Well, I sort of went back and forth between the individual disc type and the drum type. The theory is that you can turn with the individual disc type.
    With a ground engagement attachment hanging on the 3 point, I am not sure how you can turn. It doesn't matter if the spoons are on individual rotors or on a drum, when you make turns, the 3 point moves to the side which will cause the spoons to tear out the holes. I can understand that you can make sweeping turns, although, based on what other users on this forum have said, you can make sweeping turns with the drum aerator also.
    The other deciding factor that I used is, because of the 3 point lift capacity of the 1025R, the widest EA individual rotor aerator that the 1025R can handle is the 36" wide unit which isn't as wide as the tractor.

So, considering these, I chose to go with the 48" drum type. We'll see in about a month!!

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I was thinking renting also, but, the only ones that I found are self-propelled or really large 3 point units that were too big for the 1025R.
    I am also one of those people that thinks, if you have to rent something three times, you may as well own it.
    We had a similar saying back when I worked on cars and trucks. If you have to borrow a tool three times you need to buy one. lol
    BigJim55, Ray_PA and Drifterbike like this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    We had a similar saying back when I worked on cars and trucks. If you have to borrow a tool three times you need to buy one. lol
    Agreed!!! Probably applies to most things.
    BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,099 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Luckily I have no need for one of these - still don't really know the need. All I do is keep my cleared areas mowed to keep the forest from encroaching. My grass is green and grows plenty fast enough for me.
    Drifterbike likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Luckily I have no need for one of these - still don't really know the need. All I do is keep my cleared areas mowed to keep the forest from encroaching. My grass is green and grows plenty fast enough for me.
    Some lawns do fine without any need for aeration. The problem I have is, my lawn is 75% hill, so as the ground has tightened over years, the water just runs off. The lower part of my yard is gorgeous, but the grass on the hill is mostly non-existent and what is there is thin which allows weed seed to get to the ground.
    After reading info on websites like PA States, here is one link Aeration of Turfgrass Areas — Center for Turfgrass Science — Penn State University, I decided that this is definitely what my yard needs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

coaltrain(03-05-2017)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast