I posted some time ago about a bagger I bought on Ebay that was made for a different tractor and I modified it to work on my 1025r. It has worked pretty well with the original mods but was a pain to install and remove from the tractor, as well as storing it. It would not sit flat on the floor 'cause the blower housing sits lower than the rest of it on one end, and the whole thing was top-heavy when off the tractor. I'd been just strapping it to some mover's dollies but that was not a very satisfactory arrangement.
And now that I've been trying to get all implements quick-hitch compatible, decided that this one really needs it. But it would be a real challenge with all the changes that would have to be made to it, so decided last fall to make this a winter project.
First thing was to make a dolly for it to sit on to hold it up level and allow moving it around when off the tractor. Made this up with some 2 inch square tubing and some casters, and a piece of 1"x6" board.
Welded a short piece of square tubing to the top to fit into the open end of a piece of square tubing in the bagger frame to locate the dolly under it and hold it in position.
Now it's easy to move around by hand.
Now the real problems start. First consideration for this change will be the PTO shaft. This is a fixed-length shaft and the original was too short for my tractor.
I had it lengthened as part of the first change.
Now it would be too short again for the quick-hitch since that will set the bagger back further from the tractor. And the lower Cat 1 pins need to be moved forward on the bagger which will set it back even further.
I never liked the idea of having this fixed-length shaft, made it hard to hook up. But to change it to a normal PTO shaft I would need to keep and use the yoke on the machine end as it was a non-standard piece with the shaft that goes into the drive pulley. The shaft looked more like a drive-shaft for a car and I was afraid that it might have non-standard sized u-joints for a PTO, which would make it hard to make up a new shaft which could use that yoke. But after measuring the cross and caps in the u-joint and doing some research online, was able to determine that it was a North American Series 6 size and all the pieces were available for a new shaft. So I bought all the pieces and put together a new adjustable shaft while keeping the original yoke on the machine end.
The shaft and tube came 48" long so had to cut it down to 30".
With that solved, now it was a matter of making it fit the quick-hitch. The bagger originally had Cat 1 lower pins but they were much too close together for the quick-hitch. Also, they were positioned too far back so that the quick-hitch hooks could not get under them, meaning that they needed to be both widened and moved out further in front of the bagger for the needed clearance.
For this I decided to use a Cat 1 drawbar which would have the pins already on it and would be the right width for the QH. Would have to make a frame to connect the drawbar to the bagger. Decided to make this a bolt-on and not weld on the bagger itself. I don't like making non-reversible modifications.
Also the top-link connector I had made for the original mod would not work with the quick-hitch so had to make a new one and re-purpose the old one into a brace for the new one.
Now it's easy to back the tractor and hook it up or roll the bagger to the tractor and hook it up. Since you have to get off the tractor to hook up the PTO anyway, it's easier to just roll the bagger to the tractor and hook it all up at once.