• 1 Post By johninthecamper
  • 1 Post By mark02tj

Thread: Land level

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 05:32 PM
    Thanks

Land level

I have a 1025r,looking at lp1060&1160 from frontier.i understand the difference and want to know how they work in the real world.thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    I looked at these last year for driveway maintenance and ended up going with a woods gs60. The gs60 is like the 1160 but has adjustable skid shoes so u can adjust your bite depth front and back as well as scarifiers to rip if needed. I pull it with a 2032r with r3s and in 4wd once full I do begin to loose traction with the front blade almost biting 1/2" and the rear blade flush with the shoes. If traction loss gets bad I just tap the 3pt up a smidge and lower it back once traction returns. Works awesome for leveling the driveway, filling pot holes and crowning.
    pcabe5 and BigJim55 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thx,the main reason I am choosing frontier is 0℅ financing on implements included in my package,I get all I want,that I pay for later on.i want to know if keeping air in the tires trades off on using a ball hitch,does hitch allow gravity to let it wobble,if it does not wobble as much with the 3 point ,making it stay rigid with the tractor.Can one way be better for speed or results?both connecting methods take about the same time to use from the b.h. transfer?At more money for a receiver hitch and ball?
    pcabe5 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Thanks
    Junior30 brings up a good point about the scarifiers on his Woods land plane. None of the Frontiers have them. If you're doing maintenance on a gravel driveway, you're going to want an implement that has scarifiers. If you're getting a box blade as part of your implement package, then you should be covered. If not consider either adding a box blade with scarifiers or getting a different brand of land plane.

I do understand that you're wanting to utilize the 0% financing, but don't let the financing rate overrule the need to get the implements that will give you the best value.

As far as the difference between the LP1060 pull behind and the LP1160 3pt hitch models, I'm probably not much help. I can see advantages to both. Just make sure you have the appropriate hydraulic connections to operate any hydraulics on the LP1060.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

BMOPE (03-12-2017)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johninthecamper View Post
    Thx,the main reason I am choosing frontier is 0℅ financing on implements included in my package,I get all I want,that I pay for later on.i want to know if keeping air in the tires trades off on using a ball hitch,does hitch allow gravity to let it wobble,if it does not wobble as much with the 3 point ,making it stay rigid with the tractor.Can one way be better for speed or results?both connecting methods take about the same time to use from the b.h. transfer?At more money for a receiver hitch and ball?
    If you're sticking with the two models from Frontier I would get the heavier model. Also if you plan on crowning a driveway you may need to stick with the 3pt model since neither model appears to let you adjust bite depth from front to back or side to side. You would need adjust your 3pt to tilt the 1160 for the crown. I am not familiar with the 1060 style but if there is nothing to allow height adjustments on the blades in comparison to the running shoes then I'm not sure if you can crown a driveway based on the ball hitch design.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you
    They adjust manual,both ways.the wheel version can be pulled with anything and you can move it around unattached.Rippers should be on a box in my thinking,which is also coming. The Leatherman concept is appealing for obvious reasons and we can all even agree on the pros& cons, but everyone will interpret them different

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements