Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Frontier LR2072 problems

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 01:09 PM
    Thanks

Frontier LR2072 problems

I purchased a JD 3038E Combo Package on February 3, 2017. I wanted to add the FRONTIER medium-duty LR2172 landscape rake to the package. The salesman told me that I did not need the LR2172 and said that the standard-duty LR2072 would be all I ever needed. On February 4, I used the 3038E and LR2072 for the first time. Within 2 hours the arms were bending and twisting causing the middle tines to run deeper than the end tines. On February 6, I contacted my salesman and discussed my problem. He said he would see what he could do for me. Two weeks went by with no contact from the salesman. I went by the store and took him pictures of the twisted arm on the rake. I told the salesman that the tines should bend or break before the attachment arm bent. The LR2072 has no support on the angle steel arm where the tines attach. The salesman said that he could turn it in on my insurance policy, pay a $500 deductible and that he would cut me a deal on a stronger rake. I told the salesman that I originally wanted the heavier rake but was talked out of it. I told the salesman that they should make it good. I felt that it should be a warranty claim. I would not have had a problem if it was covered under warranty and would have been willing to pay the difference between the heavier rake.

I sent JD Customer Care an email describing my problem. JD Customer Care got in touch with me within 3 days. Unfortunately, JD CC will do nothing about the problem. JD CC told me that they had talked to the salesman. I was told that the dealer had a couple of LR50 Series rakes. JD CC told me to call the dealer and try to get something worked out. JD CC said that I would be responsible for the $500 deductible. NOT A DEAL FOR ME!!!! I told the salesman and JD CC before I would pay a $500 deductible, I would use that money to buy a better quality product.

I am looking at EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS 72" XTREME V3.0 Landscape Rake. It is a heavy-duty rake. Arms are made with 3/8" channel steel, reinforced with 3" square tubing with 3/8" thick vertical end plates. List price is cheaper than the LR2072. Free shipping also. I wish I had known of this product before I bought the "Green Junk" made with 5/16" angle iron.
    rtgt and BigJim55 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Robwall90--sorry to hear of ur rake breaking right away. now ur up a creek without even canoe-or paddle. and it's not funny either. been there myself over the yrs. not so much for my jd tractor, but with owning a big truck.

i got burnt by my original jd dealer on my 3 pt arms that rubbed my tires, and i know how it feels. but yes--do lots of research before signing ur name-right. them salesmen are really only car salesmen(some really know all about ,what they sell) but most doesn't. after being on here, and having this laptop, i have learned more about my medium compact tractor than ever before.

u might as well junk the first rake, or sell parts off of it, and go with what u originally wanted , a heavy duty one. good luck.
    rtgt and Drifterbike like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Thanks
    You need to escalate this to the area rep. If that fails, small claims court.

Dave
    rtgt, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Maybe some of the folks on here who have been around equipment and different manufacturers for many years can be of better help if you tell what you was raking with the LR when it failed. I have bought my fair share of light duty implements over the years and they eventually failed but I fully admit to me being the reasoning behind its failure. What kind of work are you needing to complete with a rake? It may be possible someone can suggest another implement that will work better and who knows, maybe even cheaper.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 01:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    Maybe some of the folks on here who have been around equipment and different manufacturers for many years can be of better help if you tell what you was raking with the LR when it failed. I have bought my fair share of light duty implements over the years and they eventually failed but I fully admit to me being the reasoning behind its failure. What kind of work are you needing to complete with a rake? It may be possible someone can suggest another implement that will work better and who knows, maybe even cheaper.

I told the salesman that I had a 2.5 acre lot that had been cleared. There is a lot of debris such as small sticks, root endings, etc. I was going to use it to rake up this debris. Also, after I have it cut with a disc harrow, i plan to use it to help smooth the ground for seeding.

I was breaking in the new engine under a light load running around 1800-1900 rpm's. I never felt the tractor under any strain so I was very surprised when I got off the tractor and noticed the arm had twisted.

Definitely not my first bad purchase in my lifetime. Just hoping to give people a heads-up before making the same mistake that I did. I will probably purchase the EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS 72" XTREME V3.0 Landscape Rake. It looks an Army Tank compaired to the Frontier Rake.
    Last edited by robwall90; 03-14-2017 at 12:32 PM.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robwall90 View Post
    I told the salesman that I had a 2.5 acre lot that had been cleared. There is a lot of debris such as small sticks, root endings, etc. I was going to use it to rake up this debris. Also, after I have it cut with a disc harrow, i plan to use it to help smooth the ground for seeding.
    Was you going forward when things got twisted or pushing in reverse any with it? I have twisted implements in the center a few times and how I managed to do it was getting the implement hung up on something (usually a tree root) and I tried using the lift to pull it free and/or started backing up. Granted a heavier implement would have withstood the pressures I was putting it under, I was kinda at fault for my issues. Not at all am I saying you were doing what I was with my stuff, just saying I admit to being very rough with what I broke, bent, and twisted. Is there any way you can "patch" up the rake and continue to use it until getting the job done. I usually have the mind set of "well, I broke the dang thing so might as well use it hard and dirty till its scrap metal" then purchase something to take its place and treat it nicely for maintaining the once rough ground after its all pretty and smooth
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 03-14-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    rtgt, BigJim55 and coaltrain like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    You need to escalate this to the area rep. If that fails, small claims court.

Dave
    I'd second the area rep. He needs to know what his salesmen are doing and may be able to help.

Court would be too much hassle for what the rake is worth.

I would start looking for another dealer before making your next purchase. FYI, for all the filters & maintenance stuff, Green Farm Parts is a vendor.

I can't weigh in on the EA rake, but I have looked over their stuff and it looks well built.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe we should know what tractor you were using to pull this. If you were using a 100HP tractor, damage is inevitable. I have a King Kutter 8ft landscape rake and have used it two years behind a 4 series JD without any damage. Probably one of my most used rear attachments other than my RFM.

Dave
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Maybe we should know what tractor you were using to pull this. If you were using a 100HP tractor, damage is inevitable. I have a King Kutter 8ft landscape rake and have used it two years behind a 4 series JD without any damage. Probably one of my most used rear attachments other than my RFM.

Dave
    His first post mentioned a 3038E.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontier stone rake pic #4.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	6.29 MB 
ID:	329394 here's a pic of my frontier rake. now it is from 2006 or 07 when i bought it. i have seen from other's pic's, that they indeed did change them. show us or can u post a pic of what bent on urs. ok.

sometime's us as customers want to trust the salesman to know what he is talking about, when a fella is shopping for this stuff. take their advice and then buy, to only find out it was wrong for us. that is why i have found to be able to look at things before buying or signing on the dotted line.

aw-yeah--my tines bent on this last summer-badly-way out of shape. i replaced all of them with agri-supply tines, well almost all of them from their. 10 came from jd at a whooping price of $17 a peice, compared to $4 a piece.
    Last edited by BigJim55; 03-14-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast