Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deere7500

Thread: Hydraulic Dump MCS Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-10-2017 @ 12:29 PM
    Thanks

Hydraulic Dump MCS Question

Good Morning Everyone. I have recently purchased a hydraulic dump mcs that I would like to mount on my 420. I am new to mcs ownership so I have never mounted one before. My question is this. I have three point on my 420 and do I have to change my three point rockshaft back to the original rockshaft or will it have enough clearance to leave the three point rockshaft in place? I am finding conflicting information on this so am just trying to save myself any extra steps. I have two mcs owners manuals and one say to change back to original and one does not. If anyone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks in Advance. Scott.
    kjmk likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deere7500 View Post
    Good Morning Everyone. I have recently purchased a hydraulic dump mcs that I would like to mount on my 420. I am new to mcs ownership so I have never mounted one before. My question is this. I have three point on my 420 and do I have to change my three point rockshaft back to the original rockshaft or will it have enough clearance to leave the three point rockshaft in place? I am finding conflicting information on this so am just trying to save myself any extra steps. I have two mcs owners manuals and one say to change back to original and one does not. If anyone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks in Advance. Scott.
    I have a JD hydraulic dump MCS that I bought used also. The one that I got was OEM on the JD compact tractors in the 90's. This style hangs on the 3 point. I retrofitted mine to work with my 3 point quick hitch. When I have mine hanging on my 3 point on my 1025R, I hang 6 - 40 lb. suit case weight on the front end.
    A friend of mine has a JD 430 with the same style hydraulic dump MCS that he bought new with his 430. His does not hang on the 3 point, his mounts to brackets that are attached to the rear of the tractor and his blower is driven by the rear 2000 RPM PTO. The brackets allow for the unit to hang closer to the tractor so it doesn't create so much leverage on the rear of the tractor.
    So, I do not know if you can mount these on the 3 point on a 420 or not.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements