Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mwoliver

Thread: Dump Cart Recommendation

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks

Dump Cart Recommendation

I want to get a dump cart to pull behind my 318. I going to use it to hall firewood. What size should I look for and should I go green or get whatever?
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Thanks
    If you were closer I'd say you could just have the metal Home Depot special I no longer use. Since that isn't cost effective, how much do you plan on using it? Any chance you would ever want to use it behind an ATV?
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I plan to use it a lot. I have a wood burner and it is at the other end of the house from the garage. So I was planning to use it to move wood all winter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-01-2015 @ 09:16 AM
    Thanks
    I'll second that I don't like the cheapos... we've gone through 2 of them in the last 3 months.

We've looked at the green ones, and the heavier duty ones at TS... frankly we DO tow behind our ATV... and was wondering if ANYONE makes a dump cart that can hold up! I'll add to that question one that has wheels/tires large enough to clear a 4 inch rock (so we can tow it with soil on our back trails).
    Deere 3005 with 300 loader, 7 foot Back Blade, and #7 Backhoe. Someone asked me to go green, so this is what I came up with.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I decided to go cheapo. I beat up TSC on one of their $129.99 10 cu. ft carts. I mentioned that their selection looked a little warn and they gave it to me for 99.99. For a $100.00 I could not say no. I was almost going to pick up one of the cheapos from Lowes because I have a Lowes card and get 5% off of everything but they are bolt together and I think the TSC is way better built.

I did see one ATV dump cart on TSC website. It had tandem axils and what looked like ATV wheeled and tires.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    Otter ATV Trailers, Xpress Trailer, X Series ATV Trailers,Otter Outdoors!
    Maybe the next time. These are tough as nails, lots of ground clearance with the torsion axle suspension.
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-24-2017 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    I had looked at all kinds of trailers to tow behind our ATVs and even though it hurt the wallet a little I ended up going with the Polar 8262.

Amazon.com : Polar Trailer 8262 HD 1500 Tandem Axle Utility Cart, 98 by 54 by 31-Inch : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Polar Trailer Heavy-Duty Tandem Axle Trailer — 1500-Lb. Capacity, 22 Cu. Ft., Model# 8262 | Lawn Garden Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment

I couldn't be happier with it. We also added the 2" ball hitch and front/side rails to it and have really used it a lot for hauling all kinds of stuff around our property. Whether in the open or through the woods, smooth trail or rough, this thing gets the job done. The walking arm axles are amazingly smooth over rough terrain. The tub is quite heavy and as tough as I've seen.

Since it has a one-piece poly tub the packaging is huge and with a weight of ~200 pounds the shipping can be costly if you aren't near a Northern Tool or some other vendor from which you can pick it up. It came to me on a pallet roughly 4" larger than the length/width of the tub. The tires, walking arm, frame, etc. were all well packed in the tub.

The assembly wasn't difficult but can be a little unwieldy if you're doing it solo. The quality of everything is evident and it's worth the money.

There are others like the ATV Wagon and also very nice trailers from ABI, but they are big $$$ compared to the Polar. I had read enough about rusted steel trailers to know that I wanted a poly tub and the Polar was the best I could find in my budget. The only improvement I would make to it would be replacing the bolts/nuts with stainless steel equivalents, but that's it. Otherwise, the Polar 8262 is a beast and will not disappoint.
    Gizmo2 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    I plan to use it a lot. I have a wood burner and it is at the other end of the house from the garage. So I was planning to use it to move wood all winter.
    Seen you bought yours from TSC. They do look better made than those from Lowes and HD just my 2 cents. I bought mine from a fellow out in Amish area of Ohio. The man made small manure spreaders ,he offered different type tires and wheel, different metal thickness. Only thing need to have a trailer to haul it home, and a trip to Ohio Amish to order. For us it was a no brainer we were there about every 6 -8 weeks . Oh and the metal sides and floor all one piece of metal only one weld seam for front panel. Picture taken about 10 yrs ago. Oh mine was suppose to dump and the man forgot , so he sold it to me for about the same price as TSC and Lowes price. Bought it south of Berllin going toward Charm , If you what more info send me a private message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1146.JPG  
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements