Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Open Station with the drive over MMM

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks

Open Station with the drive over MMM

For those of you that have this setup, how is the dust and debris from the machine as you're mowing?
    I'm currently using a 3pt hitch finish mower that does a great job but am seriously considering the MMM option this year. I'm nervous as a sinner in church about spending this much cash and not being satisfied but I'm hoping that the dealer will allow me to try one out even if it's at the business. I'm also counting on the experience from many of the members in here that use the MMM.
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    2016 3039R 165FEL / Woods RM660 / Fimco 40gal 3pt / Frontier 1060 Aerator / Frontier subsoiler / 3 pt spreader / HLA pallet forks / 6ft blade / 6ft Lucknow 3pt snowblower / $50 boom pole that never gets used anymore

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aclass View Post
    For those of you that have this setup, how is the dust and debris from the machine as you're mowing?
    I'm currently using a 3pt hitch finish mower that does a great job but am seriously considering the MMM option this year. I'm nervous as a sinner in church about spending this much cash and not being satisfied but I'm hoping that the dealer will allow me to try one out even if it's at the business. I'm also counting on the experience from many of the members in here that use the MMM.
    This is the only way I mow. If there is wind you'll get it in the face and the rest of your body when it's blowing toward you from the discharge shute. If the grass is sparse you'll get the same thing in the same areas only it will be dust. Wind is what gets you every time. At the same time wind is your friend when them little bitty flies won't leave you alone or it's hot out. I've thought about a 3PH mower but I like the convenience of the MMM. Don't have to look back to see where the mower is and redo my way of making turns. There are times a 3PH type would be better but it does make for a long piece of equipment.
    glc, etcallhome, BigJim55 and 6 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    This is the only way I mow. If there is wind you'll get it in the face and the rest of your body when it's blowing toward you from the discharge shute. If the grass is sparse you'll get the same thing in the same areas only it will be dust. Wind is what gets you every time. At the same time wind is your friend when them little bitty flies won't leave you alone or it's hot out. I've thought about a 3PH mower but I like the convenience of the MMM. Don't have to look back to see where the mower is and redo my way of making turns. There are times a 3PH type would be better but it does make for a long piece of equipment.

Ditto
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aclass View Post

Here are some links that will provide some helpful information to your questions.

Belly mount VS. 3Ph mounted finish mower? Rotary VS. flail type mower?

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-take-off.html

Belly Mower vs. Rear Finishing Mower -- Grooming Mowers Finish Mowers -- Page 1

Viewing a thread - Compact tractors & rearmount finishing mowers

Belly mower or 3 pt hitch mower

And lastly here's some information about rear flail mowers that you should consider.

Hope this helps!
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I appreciate all the info. My woods rear mount has the bar set pretty high in terms of mowing the grass and I'm mainly concerned if the JD MMM will perform as well or better and also the convenience or inconvenience of having the belly mower under the tractor.
    Also, one of the primary reasons I'm considering the MMM is to take advantage of removing my leaves in the Fall by having the ability to pull my trailer and plumb the mower in to my debris loader and in to the trailer.
    With the amount that a MMM cost, I want to make as sure as possible that I'll be satisfied.
    Levi, BigJim55, spferdil and 2 others like this.
    2016 3039R 165FEL / Woods RM660 / Fimco 40gal 3pt / Frontier 1060 Aerator / Frontier subsoiler / 3 pt spreader / HLA pallet forks / 6ft blade / 6ft Lucknow 3pt snowblower / $50 boom pole that never gets used anymore

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Ditto
    Ditto, ditto.
    glc, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Can't think of an inconvenience with the MMM unless you count having to go under tree limbs that are to low for the tractor to get under or possibly scalping on uneven ground.
    glc, BigJim55, aclass and 2 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Does the 72" come with an anti scalp roller? Or maybe it doesnt need one since the height adjustment is maintained by the tractor and not by the casters??

sorry for all the silly questions
    Levi, BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Thanks
    For the last 31 years, I've worn a respirator with dust cartridges whenever I mow. If I mowed lush green fields of grass, I probably would not do that. But I mow grass, weeds, dust piles, yuccas, cactus, elk poop, and many other things that I'm not sure what they are but they create a dark cloud when I mow. And it seems that I always have the wind blowing just the right direction to coat me and the tractor with all of this. I carry my electric blower and stop when the tractor temp goes up and blow the radiator screens clean. After a really good mowing, my wife meets me in the garage and insists that I take my clothes off before entering the house. (My "coating" makes it impossible to turn this into a romantic moment.) And I still leave a trail of debris all the way to the shower.

It would be nice to have a sealed, air-conditioned cab with space for an ice bucket and a pitcher of cool drinks. But then the tractor and I wouldn't be in this together. This way, we're a team. A dirty team, but a team.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Nicely stated keane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to aclass For This Useful Post:

keane (03-28-2017)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast