3 Point Hitch Snow Blower

Thread: 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-31-2018 @ 12:17 PM
    Thanks

3 Point Hitch Snow Blower

I consider buying a 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower Have a jd 2320 Wonder what is a good width to match this tractor Plan is to have a loader/snow blade fel and 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower/ rear blade for back I saw few in craiglist like in 6ft range and wonder if my tractor can handle that size

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

The most important measurements for a snow blower are drum depth and fan diameter, width is secondary as you have a hydrostat, you can go as slow as needed.

With a 2320/2025 I would stick to a diameter of 18 to 21" and a depth of no more than 8", that should require between 12 and 15 PTO HP which will match your tractor very well. I had a Meteor 54" on a 2520 and there was nothing it couldn't go through with it's 17.5 PTO HP. I would recommend that model to anyone with a 2000 series tractor, even up here in ski country.

One thing you will want with the 3pt blower and a loader plow is loaded rear tires and at least 2 pair of wheel weights as well as suitcase weights up front on the frame as they will plant the front tires better as the little 2000 series don't steer too straight with a loader plow in float.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tomd999 For This Useful Post:

danmorea (03-26-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:07 PM
    Thanks
    The first thing to think about is the wheel width of your tractor. You need something that is atleast as wide as your tractor, otherwise the tractor starts to ride up on the unblown snow pack. After that it just depends on how deep of snow you get and where you want to go with it. The deeper and harder packed the snow the less width you can move. Of course with a larger blower you can always take a 1/2 or 3/4 bite to reduce load on the tractor. Do you have any tight areas yo want to blow such as pathways or sidewalks? That might steer you away from a 6ft and down to a 5ft.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danmorea View Post
    I consider buying a 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower Have a jd 2320 Wonder what is a good width to match this tractor Plan is to have a loader/snow blade fel and 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower/ rear blade for back I saw few in craiglist like in 6ft range and wonder if my tractor can handle that size
    I have a 54" Frontier on my 2320 and have not had any issues with moving snow. As others have stated here and elsewhere, the first pass is always the toughest then you can take smaller bites.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    Follow the HP recommendations as listed by the blower companies. You want as wide as possible in order the clear the wheels if possible when turning.
    Like anything else there are limiting factors. Do you plan on waiting to the end of the storm if it's wet or deep? I strongly advise otherwise. Had a storm here a few weeks ago that didn't look like much for wetness and this was with a hydro powered front mount. Had all I could do on the first pass 74" wide and 8" deep.
    Having the loader at the ready really is a winner. Pull stuff away from the doors then send it with the blower. I had limited use of my JD with the Normand 82 Inverted blower this year but when I worked it I was impressed. Wish I had an inverted down here in MA.
    2013 JD 4720 with cab
    2015 Normand N-82-260HINV snowblower
    Land Pride RCR2672 rotary mower
    Tajfun EGV 45 A logging winch (pending)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements