Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Forks - Titan Attachments

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:08 PM
    Thanks

Forks - Titan Attachments

Been saving my penny's for a set of Artillian forks due to their reputation here and their light weight.

But I ran across these

John Deere Pallet Fork Frame Deere Loader Attachment JDFRLDNS | eBay
    36" Pallet Fork Blades 4 000 lb Capacity Attachment Free Shipping | eBay

$615 shipped and 200 lbs

Anyone know anything about these?
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    The forks you linked to end up slightly heavier than the Artillian forks by 15 lbs once you attach the forks to the frame. Looks like a total cost of $610 for the parts, and another $150 for shipping. The Ebay ads say free shipping only applies if you have them sent to a commercial business, not a residential address.

I would opt for Artillian. The fork carriage is more adaptable with the removable backrest and forthcoming attachments, and visibility is better. The Titan carriage has three vertical bars between the rails, where the Artillians are open. The backrest on the Titan forks is permanently welded.

In my opinion, the Artillian fork carriage is engineered better. It's the little touches that make the difference, like Titan using square plates for the lower pin mounts braced to the lower rail with an extra piece of steel. Even rounding off the corners of those plates would make it look a little more finished. Artillian has custom built sideplates that incorporate the lower pins in a much cleaner design. It's not just the aesthetics of it, that extra metal on the outside of the backrest puts more leverage against the vertical bars. You can see where Titan tried to account for that with another little brace. If you look at the lower rail, the slot in the middle for fork removal and installation is wider on the Titan frame. That's unnecessary, and removing that section of the angle does make it a bit weaker. Will it be enough to make a difference? Probably not, but it's another reason I feel the Artillian product is superior.

Artillian has chain hook slots built in to the rails- and engineered to be there, not as an afterthought. You could weld some chain hooks to the Titan forks but that adds weight (though not much) and where will you put them? The load backrest isn't meant to take the strain of a live load so you don't want to put them there, and if you do it will eventually bend. Artillian also has an easy- slide coating on the face of the fork rails, the Titans don't. Another thing that may not be a big deal; grease has worked for years. It also collects dirt and dust, and rubs off on things you may not want greasy.

There aren't many huge differences in the two, they both do the same job. However, I think the Artillian forks are a better designed, better executed product. The little finishing touches show a commitment to quality.

I believe Titan has been known in the past as Titan Express, Skid Steer Express, and ATV Express also. I would advise you do some online searching for reviews of those companies before making a decision. They may all have good reputations, but any company with multiple names makes me a bit curious. If you've worked hard to build a good reputation for yourself why risk confusing the client by changing it, especially multiple times? I don't know, but I would think it bears a little further looking into before spending any money.
    ralphtt likes this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

Artillian (10-25-2013)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    There are a couple of other small differences that I didn't mention the first post. Artillian's fork frames are powder coated, where Titan's are just paint.

Artillian uses a higher grade alloy of steel for the fork rails, where Titan uses plain hot rolled A36 steel. Hot roll A36 is not bad, and it is suitable for a lot of applications, but it's the 87 octane of the steel industry. Artillian uses a higher grade, more wear resistant steel. Will you ever wear out a fork frame on a SCUT? Probably not, but as I said before it's the little things here and there that show a commitment to quality and end up with a nicer finished product.
    dieselshadow likes this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

Artillian (10-25-2013)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Thanks
    Stick with the Artillian fork setup, I love mine
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vern1026R For This Useful Post:

Artillian (10-25-2013)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psrumors View Post
    Been saving my penny's for a set of Artillian forks due to their reputation here and their light weight.

But I ran across these

Infectious
    Gonorrhea

$615 shipped and 200 lbs

Anyone know anything about these?

They aren't 200 lbs, they are 280 lbs. The 80 lbs shown is per fork.

This is the kind of misleading information this company uses. Deception is their business model. Well, actually I should say businesses model. Their eBay ID was formerly atvexpress. They also operate under the name palletforks.con (little humor there), skidsteerexpress, and I think forgotten others, likely more than anyone knows. They remind me of a shameless degenerate metal building company in Florida (usmetalbuildings) who just keeps changing their name when the reputation gets bad enough.

As for the fork frame in question, if you are experienced with buying things on eBay you know when you search that there will be good quality things and there will be the litany of knock off cheap import garbage. What you are looking at there is the knock off cheap import garbage. But for those who are proud of their Harbor Freight collection and don't look past the price tag when purchasing goods, they would probably be happy as a pig in **** with them for a short while, no disrespect to the pig.

You get what you pay for in life. Comparison shop, but at least shop for something comparable!
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

psrumors (10-25-2013)

12. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info all.....I'll continue to save my money and hope there is another flash sale soon...hint hint
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    There are a couple of other small differences that I didn't mention the first post. Artillian's fork frames are powder coated, where Titan's are just paint.

Artillian uses a higher grade alloy of steel for the fork rails, where Titan uses plain hot rolled A36 steel. Hot roll A36 is not bad, and it is suitable for a lot of applications, but it's the 87 octane of the steel industry. Artillian uses a higher grade, more wear resistant steel. Will you ever wear out a fork frame on a SCUT? Probably not, but as I said before it's the little things here and there that show a commitment to quality and end up with a nicer finished product.
    Yes, using higher grade materials costs more both in raw material cost as well as in difficulty of manufacturing, but it is all in the interest of weight savings without losing strength, and gaining strength without gaining weight. Most materials in the Artillian fork frame range from 50% to well over 300% the strength of ordinary US domestic structural steel. And then there are up to 3 layers of protection applied on top of it. The goal is for the attachment quality to match the tractor quality, or better.

Unfortunately, these kinds of details aren't obvious to the casual observer which is where parasites like this can come in, suck a few bucks out of you, and leave you with a marginal product that lasts just long enough for you to forget.

To each, their own. (i.e., This is my perspective. In forming one's own opinion, I hope my experience is helpful, regardless of one's own conclusions, which are to be respected.)
    Last edited by Artillian; 10-25-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: clarified statement
    dieselshadow, HydroHarold and rtgt like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

14. Top | #8

Last Online
    06-03-2016 @ 10:54 AM
    Thanks
    Yeah I'm saving for the Artillian forks too. Not only is the quality far greater than what I've seen, but also supporting local businesses is important for me too.
    dieselshadow and rtgt like this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Petron For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (10-25-2013)

16. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,083 Times in 3,013 Posts
    I removed the tines and hung the Artillian frame on the wall for winter storage. Babycakes didn't help either. Just Sayin!
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

17. Top | #10
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    Yeah I'm saving for the Artillian forks too. Not only is the quality far greater than what I've seen, but also supporting local businesses is important for me too.
    DITTO

Actualy I am saving my pennies for a FEL so that I can start saving my pennies for a set of Artillian forks......Thats alot of pennies.

Everytime ya'll post something about your forks I get green with envy....

But I'll keep saving my pennies because 1) I don't buy cheap crap, 2) I don't buy Chinese crap, 3) I like supporting small hometown businesses.

Just my 2 cents....
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast