Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Pallet Forks for 1026R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-29-2016 @ 07:25 AM
    Thanks

Pallet Forks for 1026R

I am interested in buying pallet forks for my tractor. I was considering the type that attach to the bucket on the front end loader. The more I read about these I started to doubt whether to get the light duty bucket attached type or go with the quick connect, Artillian appears to be the brand of choice. I am in New Brunswick, Canada and from what I have read, the shipping costs are high, if they will even ship to Canada. I am about an hour from Houlton, Maine and if I could get them shipped there it would be a fairly easy procedure. I understand the Artillian quick connect are reasonably lightweight and that is important to me because I cannot lift or tug on these things because of health issues.
    Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself...the question is whether the type that attach to the bucket are good and from some of the articles I have read, they say when they are attached to the bucket you operate blindly because the bucket blocks your vision.
    Keep in mind the forks will be used at my home property to move fairly light items, not for commercial use and they will not be used frequently. My dealer has a quick connect set up in stock, they seem to be very heavy duty and probably heavier duty then I need. It is still an option.
    Any thoughts on this, please let me know.
    Thanks folks, I appreciate any feed back you can give me.
    Dick

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    Dick,

-Firstly, I will move your thread to the appropriate forum for the best help.
    -Secondly, the "clamp-on" forks are really not a good option, you have already bought and paid for the JDQA setup so you should use it! The clamps-on's vastly reduce lift capacity, and since they are in front of the bucket you have no visibility either. Bending the bucket as you mentioned is not unheard of either for obvious reasons.
    -Third, Artillian does indeed ship to Canada-you should email Chris for a quote both to your house and to a place in Maine if you can.
    -Fourth, the set your dealer has (probably Frontier brand) are way overkill for your machine, and weigh about twice what the Artillian ones weigh-and that just reduce's your lift capacity.
    -Fifth, you will be amazed at how useful forks are once you have them!
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Artillian (10-28-2013), dixdaman (10-28-2013), farmgirl19 (10-30-2013), Gizmo2 (10-28-2013)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Thanks
    First of all, everything Kenny said I agree with 100 percent.

I would also add that I got forks from the dealer when I bought my 1026R. They are not Frontier brand but they had them in stock. They are extremely heavy, add will fit up to I think the 5 series because it has two sets of pin locations on it. It leaves me very little lift capacity. Like you I got the 1026R because of health reasons.

Also consider that you may not need the 48" forks that usually come with these normally. Artillian has 24" forks available, which I wish I had gotten, which also saves weight.

Good luck to you.

Rich
    2012 1026R TLB, Countyline 3pt splitter, EMP QA Snowplow.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichBaxter For This Useful Post:

Artillian (10-28-2013), dixdaman (10-28-2013)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-26-2019 @ 02:20 PM
    Thanks

You will find you use the forks all the time!! The clamp ons are not a good idea (like Kenny said) on the smaller tractors.. Spend the money and get some that just attach to the quick tach..

Also dont forget the counter balance weight you will need for the rear of your tractor..
    Artillian likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NEWT For This Useful Post:

dixdaman (10-28-2013)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    I use the clamp on forks on my tractor. You can see the tips of them from your seat, if you lean a little forward. I have the forks since quite a while, first used them with my Bobcat, and now with the tractor. I think your tractor either tipps to the front or cannot lift the load before the bucket would bend.
    I am happy with the clamp ons for what I have to move around the house, and they are even better then the attached ones, if you have to move a lot of brush around because you have way more room (forks and bucket) to handle the brush.
    I just cannot justify the high cost of the Artillian forks compared to the clamp ons for the light duty work I do with them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudsoner For This Useful Post:

dixdaman (10-28-2013)

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Hi Dixdaman,

We spoke on the phone, but I was about to say...

There are Artillian forks all over Canada, even some pretty far up into Alberta, nearly into the Northwest Territory. Brrr. Whenever possible, though, it's better to drive to the border and pick up. The shipping cost savings is substantial and paperwork simpler . And thankfully there are no duty fees going into Canada either, just whatever local taxes have to get settled at the border.

As for clamp on forks vs a dedicated attachment, of course the clamp-ons have a cost advantage but time and time again I hear about people buying a dedicated set of forks thinking they won't use them very often but end up keeping them on their tractor most of the time. Of course, everybody's situation is different.

Thanks All!
    DRobinson and sterling40man like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

13. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,073 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Hi Dixdaman,

We spoke on the phone, but I was about to say...

There are Artillian forks all over Canada, even some pretty far up into Alberta, nearly into the Northwest Territory. Brrr. Whenever possible, though, it's better to drive to the border and pick up. The shipping cost savings is substantial and paperwork simpler . And thankfully there are no duty fees going into Canada either, just whatever local taxes have to get settled at the border.

As for clamp on forks vs a dedicated attachment, of course the clamp-ons have a cost advantage but time and time again I hear about people buying a dedicated set of forks thinking they won't use them very often but end up keeping them on their tractor most of the time. Of course, everybody's situation is different.

Thanks All!
    Some, like me, bought 2 sets and a vacuum cleaner.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
    I am happy with the clamp ons for what I have to move around the house, and they are even better then the attached ones, if you have to move a lot of brush around because you have way more room (forks and bucket) to handle the brush.
    I just cannot justify the high cost of the Artillian forks compared to the clamp ons for the light duty work I do with them.

It's great you have the tools that work for you, but just for perspective did you know that the Deere price for a 53" bucket is $863? And that is a mass produced item with zero moving parts. If someone makes one wrong move with clamp-ons or gets a little too confident over time, they could end up spending more just for a new bucket than they would have for a set of forks.

To quote Gizmo, "just sayin"!
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

15. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-29-2016 @ 07:25 AM
    Thanks

Thanks to all

Hi Chris, I must say that I was really pleased to hear from you this morning. I will be back to you shortly. I must also thank the "Boys" for their replies. I like this forum and the help is very much appreciated by a novice to John Deere products.
    Now if I can just keep it straight on what board to post a thread on, we will all be happier.
    Thanks again to all.
    Dick

16. Top | #10
    Last Online
    04-11-2017 @ 02:02 PM
    Sterling, Alaska (on the Kenai Peninsula)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Some, like me, bought 2 sets and a vacuum cleaner.
    As did I. Hope you get to the candy before your wife sees it.
    -Rick

American by birth, Alaskan by choice.

2013 JD2320, Artillian Forks (42" and 24" with Brush Guard), H130 FEL, 270 BH, 54D MMM (with independent lift), 72" Frontier RB, Ballast Box, Kens Bolt On Grab Hooks, 2 Boxers, Cat, honey bees, and most importantly, a very understanding and supportive wife who "thinks my tractor's sexy".

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast