Green Tractor Talk banner

Imatch Adaption

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  4vertical 
#1 ·
So a few weeks ago i came making declarations in favor of the imatch, and that i was going to do whatever it takes to make it work. So my first victim was going to be the tiller. I need to till around the garden to keeps the weeds out, plus i want to make a flower bed, and all sort of things. i also have a bush hog mower, and a cultivator, bedder, and a carryall, self build. My stepfather suggested, that i need to cut of the braces and weld it. But what the hell does he know? So I spent 6 hours making the parts, and does it work ? Off course not. tHe front clearance is too small

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45qXGF1fCL5v

I could not upload it to the forum, so let me know what u all think

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that ought to work. I might add/weld some tabs on either side where the lower QH latches grab ahold of your pin. Maybe with a bit of space thrown in for ease of attachment?

BTW, I moved this to the implements and attachments section for a better fit.:thumbup1gif:

#3 ·
why can't they make implements according to standard ?

Ok this has been a royal pain in the ass, i figured, oh get it in nice a tight fit, just not possible the hooks intereferce in the front. Made the busing almost 0.050 under recommended specifications so right at 3.090, don't think ti will hurt a thing, still no cigar, but close. Ground the paint off, and it went in. now i found our that the top link in 1/2 off.

Going to weld fill the old hole, and make a new one to be where it needs to be. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS....

#4 ·
There are standards, but not all implement OEMs follow it unfortunately. Your doing a great job :good2:

#5 · (Edited)
Adapting a bushog tiller to work with Imatch

This is the most annoying adaptions. It started close, but close does not count. It was close enough to work with what was there, but not close enough to actually make it easy. I used 1.5'' 8220 stock, to make the attachment rod, i am going to heat treat all of them. I did not want to cut or weld anything on this stamped sheet metal. Tell me what all think

Machine tool Machine Auto part Metalworking Lathe
Machine tool Metalworking Machine Milling Metal
Machine tool Machine Tool Tool and cutter grinder Metalworking
Machine tool Machine Auto part Engine Tool
Auto part Pipe Machine Cylinder Metal
Auto part Tool accessory
Dog Canidae Snout Dog breed Carnivore

Finally hooked up, the biggest and unexpected problem was the front clearce between the hook and the front of the tiller. This drove me insane, as it is almost importable to mesure and get a halfway decent dimension. So trial and error. Agricultural machinery Vehicle Tractor Crane Machine
the solution was to turn a shoulder on the pins about 0.050 smaller than recommended specs, and grind the paint of, as well as smooth the surface of the hooks. Which i am not that excited about, but thats what had to be done. Then i discovered that top pin is bout 3/8 higher than i needs to be, not here nor there. Going to weld fill the holes, and drill new ones. And then heat treat the pins, and the sob is done!.

#7 ·
It's all worth the effort in the end.:thumbup1gif:

#8 ·
I've wondered about this. Depending on the piece of equipment one must still dismount to hook up the PTO shaft and when changing between equipment one may have to raise or lower the top hook. Just seems like a lot of work that ultimately reduces the amount one can lift with the 3pt and still can require quite a bit of work to attache the equipment.

Seems just a set of quick attach lower link hooks would be easier and more versatile.

#10 ·
All the work is worth it in the end. You will be happy when you can just back up to an implement and raise the 3pt and your hooked up. Once your pita is over, you can enjoy it for the rest of yoru ownership. And b sure that the next owner will appreciate all your efforts!

If all your implements are modified to the correct standards, you will never have to raise/lower that top hook. Mine has been set from the day I got it and never moved once since I figured out where it needed to be.

Reactions: sterling40man
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.