Green Tractor Talk banner

Frustration at TRS today

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tshipp 
#1 ·
Went to buy a county line 3ph wood splitter from TRS today and the only one they had in stock was assembled and sitting outside in a snow bank with peeling paint and rust on it. 2-3 weeks to order one and they offered 5% discount on snow bank one however they didn't have the closed spool kit or any manuals with it. Guy didn't even know about closed spool kit I had to down load on my phone to show him his own add! Sad waste of a nice splitter. Ram had a little rust which made nervous too. Back to the maul for awhile.

#2 ·
Our TSC has water softner salt on a pallet outside and it was HARD AS A BRICK last time I picked some up. Any more I just go to Menards and buy the same stuff only it's inside. When I bought my tiller from Bomgaar's it had been outside for a while and had some rust on the PTO gear box input shaft. I had to clean it up with my wire brush to even get the PTO shaft to slid on it. The paint had also started to peel in some places. It didn't have sun fade so I don't think it was outside all that long, but boy did it age quickly. My TSC County Line brush mower was fresh off the truck so I was lucky in that case.

#3 ·
I just don't understand letting expensive stuff sit outside like that. All my stuff is shedded and I like to keep it nice looking.

Reactions: sterling40man
#5 ·
I have the feeling that TSC's County line equipment has poor paint jobs applied. I bought one of those rear booms from them, and that had rust sections all over it. One could see that it was never used, becuase the paint in the eyelet was still good. The gave me a 15% discount on it, and I cleaned and repainted the thing. Now the paint seems to last!

#6 ·
That's why a 5% discount they offered wasn't even close to making it worthwhile! Plus lack of product knowledge. A shame....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.