Kolpin Rear Blade

Thread: Kolpin Rear Blade

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks

Kolpin Rear Blade

Just wondering if anyone has used a Kolpin Rear Blade on a CUT? I would be using this for light snow removal. I am using a heavy hitch, so I was thinking of using this with the 2" receiver between the HH/Blade. I do have a box blade but I've seen where you have to lift it to empty snow. I like the idea of being able to put a slight angle on the blade that you can't really do with a box. If anyone has done such a thing..I'd like to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    I use a rear blade from Frontier. I do the same as you, just do not use the Heavy Hitch (I have one) for this. here is a pic of my setup!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 128 - Copy.jpg  

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
    I use a rear blade from Frontier. I do the same as you, just do not use the Heavy Hitch (I have one) for this. here is a pic of my setup!
    exploring my options because I just bought the HH.
    I had some suitcase weights that came with the tractor and I don't really want to spend 300 plus for a rear blade.
    You can have a Kolpin for about half that. I'd like to use it with the HH so I can still use the FEL.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nwohio2320 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used a Kolpin Rear Blade on a CUT? I would be using this for light snow removal. I am using a heavy hitch, so I was thinking of using this with the 2" receiver between the HH/Blade. I do have a box blade but I've seen where you have to lift it to empty snow. I like the idea of being able to put a slight angle on the blade that you can't really do with a box. If anyone has done such a thing..I'd like to know.

I use the Frontier rear blade on my 1025R to move snow to the street, then use the FEL to clean up. I use the blade at either the first or second angle. I tried only using the FEL, but the rear blade works much better and it gives me ballast.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-01-2019 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    It looks as though the Kolpin blade uses a 2" receiver tube to slide over their toolbar adapter, so you would need a 2" tube insert to go into the Heavy Hitch receiver and then into the blade receiver. I'm sure the blade would work fine if you have the needed tube. I can make one up if you get the blade.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Hitch View Post
    It looks as though the Kolpin blade uses a 2" receiver tube to slide over their toolbar adapter, so you would need a 2" tube insert to go into the Heavy Hitch receiver and then into the blade receiver. I'm sure the blade would work fine if you have the needed tube. I can make one up if you get the blade.
    thanks Greg (this is Chris BTW)..I have a 4' piece of 2" tube off an old cargo rack so I thought I could just cut a few inches and use it as a union piece if I'm right. I was just thinking about going this route because for under 200 bucks..it's worth a shot.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-01-2019 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    Yep, you've got the right idea Chris! I don't see any reason why it won't work for what you want.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements