lawn vacuum options?????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lawn vacuum options?????

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-02-2019 @ 11:00 PM
    Thanks

lawn vacuum options?????

Considering lawn vacuums for an X739. Looking PECO Pro 3 bagger, Protero PV18, Trac Vac 662, and John Deere's OEM offering. Do not want a trailer, or anything with wheels. So, either 3 pt mount or click n go. I don't have a rear PTO. Web sites of mfrs are confusing with respect for how/if they have models to fit my tractor. Any opinions on the vacuums? They all seem over priced.

I have an old craftsman 2 wheel swiveler, 2 can model, that works pretty well. I'm considering upgrading it to a bigger motor and putting on a carry all 3pt hitch mount. Maybe this is the best options? Certainly the cheapest. I'm guessing I'd need a deck adapter, and because it's a 6", an 8 to 6" reducer (vacuum) is 6". And maybe some new hose. Probably can be done for $400 or so. The capacity is a little small, but I've been using it to satisfaction as a tow behind for about 10 years now. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Registered User MuttonPowerEquipment's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks

Here is some help from John Deere

Gittyup,

Sounds like you have quite the decision to make in the next couple of months before Spring comes! As a Deere dealer, we are somewhat biased in our opinions but at Mutton Power Equipment we are big fans of the new line of John Deere Material Collection Systems (MCS) that they recently revamped for their newer mowers. I know you mentioned a few other brands as well, and we recommend you look into Trac-Vac if you have a dealer in your area. They might not be the most popular company when it comes to bagger systems, but they have been around for decades and our customer's have always been happy with their equipment.

Unfortunately, as you have experienced, most after-market brands don't do a good job in mentioning what JD models are compatible with what product and result in a lot of dissatisfied customers. Last year we put together a handy guide to help John Deere Equipment owners figure out which bagger system (includes Grass Catchers, Quick Dumps and Material Carts) will fit their riding mower, zero turn, etc. View the John Deere Grass Catcher Buying Guide HERE. While this only helps with current John Deere models and attaching equipment, hopefully it can provide a good resource for yourself and others who are thinking ahead for Spring!

If anyone else has any questions about compatible bagger options for their John Deere Equipment, feel free to call the JD experts at Mutton Power Equipment!
    1-888-284-9606
    Mutton Power Equipment - THE BEST SELECTION & LOWEST PRICES on John Deere Compact Tractors, Gators, Riding Mowers & more!
    Visit us online at MuttonPower.com or call us toll-free at 1-888-284-9606

Buy Online: Tractors | Used Tractors | Gators | Riding Mowers | John Deere Parts

Facebook/MuttonPowerEquipment
    @MuttonPower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Mutton for the info. Even some of the John Deere info is confusing to me. The 3 bag model listed for my 54HC deck, does that include everything I need? And does it connect using click n go or 3 pt hitch? I have both, but don't want to take off the 3pt hitch to use. I think this means I would prefer the 3pt hitch option if possible. Next, is the dump attachment really worth the cost? At almost $600, it's pretty steep. Photos leave a lot to be desired with respect build quality, etc.

One more question. If I elect to reuse what I have, can I get an adapter for my mower deck from JD? And would like to know if I can buy just the rubber baffles from the mulching kit to reduce blow-by out the front of the mower?

Some mfrs are pretty sad when it comes to customer service/ responsiveness to questions. I've written emails to both Peco and Protero and no one has responded. It's now been several days. I guess my $2K - $4K+ isn't worth their time. ????? I really wish their were other options. And I really like the old hydraulic dump collector JD sold a few years back. Looks like the Proteros (and may have been made by them for JD, don't know).

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    I've done a fair bit of looking..... haven't pulled the trigger, but if I did I think I'd get the biggest DR unit. I know you said no trailers, but I like it's volumes, the little chipper, the separate hand held vac hose, hand-held hose eject, and high dump angle. I'm not a fan of the trailer mount either, but a 3 pt mount with those features doesn't exist as far as I know.

-J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I've done a fair bit of looking..... haven't pulled the trigger, but if I did I think I'd get the biggest DR unit. I know you said no trailers, but I like it's volumes, the little chipper, the separate hand held vac hose, hand-held hose eject, and high dump angle. I'm not a fan of the trailer mount either, but a 3 pt mount with those features doesn't exist as far as I know.

-J.
    There is a really good buy on a cyclone rake 2-wheeler locally. Looks like a cherry and I like that it folds up to take up less space when not in use. But, I refuse to go the tow-behind route. I'll convert the 2-wheeler I have to 3pt before I do that. Right now that it is the plan. $400 is sounding better and better all the time. The only question is if I can get a boot to fit my deck from John Deere.

Kind of funny: a tractor forum thread on home vacuum cleaners gets more traffic than a thread about lawn vacuums??????????????
    Last edited by gittyup; 01-27-2014 at 08:01 PM.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-30-2014 @ 11:21 PM
    Thanks
    Hey Mutton,

What type of MCS can I get for a 2013 3520?

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-07-2017 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I suggest not buying anything from Mutton. I had an extremely bad experience with them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 0djfischer0 View Post
    I suggest not buying anything from Mutton. I had an extremely bad experience with them.

Signed up today and this is your first post? Interesting.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-07-2017 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Actually been a member for a while. Yes first post though. And your point is?

Using Tapatalk

12. Top | #10
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gittyup View Post
    There is a really good buy on a cyclone rake 2-wheeler locally. Looks like a cherry and I like that it folds up to take up less space when not in use. But, I refuse to go the tow-behind route. I'll convert the 2-wheeler I have to 3pt before I do that. Right now that it is the plan. $400 is sounding better and better all the time. The only question is if I can get a boot to fit my deck from John Deere.

Kind of funny: a tractor forum thread on home vacuum cleaners gets more traffic than a thread about lawn vacuums??????????????
    There may be a DR universal boot that could help you out. You may have to adapt it to the hose for the cyclone....

If you have get that cyclone for 400$, and convert it - do it!! You'll be at least 2000$ ahead!!

-J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast