Green Tractor Talk banner

Quick Hitch Bushings

9K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Gizmo2 
#1 ·
So based on the reviews I've read I plan to get a Quick Hitch from Harbor Freight and save the $200 or so off the JD version. I thought I had read that it was better to get the bushings from TSC or a similar ag supply. Well I went on their website today and the kit for just the two bushings (does not appear to include the top link bushing) was $32.99. My JD dealer had the whole kit (including the top link bushing) for $29.99. Am I missing something?

#2 ·
proxcowboy...

Here is a previous thread in regards to the bushings and the different kinds. Without knowing the PN of what your JD Dealer quoted you, I suspect he might be referencing the type of bushing eepete shows in post #10. Whereas the bushings you see at TSC are the larger (and IMO the better ones). Again, this is just a guess on my part.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ments/1642-question-about-jd-quick-hitch.html

Doug

#6 ·
#8 ·
Buy all they have! That's a great price! What is the part number they are selling you?

#9 ·
Not positive. I saw them in person yesterday but did the order over the phone. Tried to beat them up on the quick hitch too but 290 was as low as they'd go and having a hard time spending 200 more over the HF version. I'll get the part number next week when it's all delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I just got a J.D. set recently myself P/N LP25004 @ $29.70. for my Transformer hitch, included bottom bushings and two top link bushings (cat 1-2 & 2-3), top link bushings where short so I added 6 3/4" i.d. washer/shims from TSC @ about $2.70 for a pkg of 7.

Reactions: andy b.
#14 ·
#18 ·
That's the thread I stole the idea from for what I did with my new hook. I don't believe I'll have any clearance issues but will be able to confirm this evening. Is Omni actually selling these now? I didn't see them on their website? I don't have the ability to make a quantity of these on our machine at work but if someone that has a fab shop does I would think they'd sell pretty well.

#22 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.