Larry's Mower Deck axle kit is awesome!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Larry's Mower Deck axle kit is awesome!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 04:51 PM
    Thanks

Larry's Mower Deck axle kit is awesome!

Someone mentioned Larry's mower deck axle kit and after I saw it, I had to have it. I ordered the set for the 60D auto-disconect deck on my 1025R. It was $149 which is kinda $$$ , but it is really a awesome kit and comes with fully machined axles that hold the 8 inch wheels in the correct position and it is a plug and play kit. Timing was perfect because UPS brought the kit today and my tractor arrived today. I am absolutely spoiled because last year I installed a 4 post lift in my shop so I can change the oil and etc. on our vehicles with out laying on the floor. So today I raised the lift up to the top and then drove the 1025 directly under one end so that the front of the deck would be lined up with the end rail of the lift. Then I disconnected the deck and backed off of it. Then I lowered the lift so it was just above the deck and took a ratcheting strap and connected it to the bar where it connects to the front of the deck. Then I just raised the lift and the deck slowing raised off of the floor and I raised it until it was hanging vertically 10 inchs or so off of the floor. Then I removed the corner wheels and installed Larry's axle kit and then just slowly lowerd the lift until the wheels hit the floor, unhooked my strap and rolled the deck over to the wall. No muscles used for anything. When I go to put it back on, I'll just reverse the procedure. It all worked together perfect!
    Last edited by 1025RGardner; 02-26-2014 at 08:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,578 Posts
    Yup, he make great stuff for sure. Mine have served me for almost 10 years now.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks

No pics?

No pictures?
    Doesn't count til we ALL see pictures!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1025RGardner View Post
    Someone mentioned Larry's mower deck axle kit and after I saw it, I had to have it. I ordered the set for the 60D auto-disconect deck on my 1025R. It was $149 which is kinda $$$ , but it is really a awesome kit and comes with fully machined axles that hold the 8 inch wheels in the correct position and it is a plug and play kit. Timing was perfect because UPS brought the kit today and my tractor arrived today. I am absolutely spoiled because last year I installed a 4 post lift in my shop so I can change the oil and etc. on our vehicles with out laying on the floor. So today I raised the lift up to the top and then drove the 1025 directly under one end so that the front of the deck would be lined up with the end rail of the lift. Then I disconnected the deck and backed off of it. Then I lowered the lift so it was just above the deck and took a ratcheting strap and connected it to the bar where it connects to the front of the deck. Then I just raised the lift and the deck slowing raised off of the floor and I raised it until it was hanging vertically 10 inchs or so off of the floor. Then I removed the corner wheels and installed Larry's axle kit and then just slowly lowerd the lift until the wheels hit the floor, unhooked my strap and rolled the deck over to the wall. No muscles used for anything. When I go to put it back on, I'll just reverse the procedure. It all worked together perfect!
    Good job! I wish I had the 4 post lift in my garage. I have Larry's wheels and they are great. I have my deck stored in an alcove in my garage... out of the way completely! I use my FEL with nylon straps to raise the deck vertically - works perfectly.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-23-2016 @ 09:10 AM
    Thanks
    This is the kit for storing the deck? Pics and a link would be awesome

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,083 Times in 3,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenbartley View Post
    This is the kit for storing the deck? Pics and a link would be awesome
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ng-vendor.html
    Mower Deck Axle Co
    56FordGuy and Duke Snyder like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    I purchased one of the mower deck axle kits for my 60" MMM. It is an awesome kit, easy to install and provides a very stable way to store my MMM for the winter. This will also make cleaning the bottom of the deck and replacing blades WAY easier. Will make sure the deck is secured before I work on it to prevent accidently tipping it over although I think I would have to try pretty hard to do that.

QUESTIION: I have seen comments that the gearbox vent needs to be removed and replaced with a plug. What is the size for the replacement plug? BTW, mine has been "stored" since Saturday and nothing has dripped out, yet. I did place a drip pan under it, just in case.

Terrific product, high quality materials and workmanship, fast shipping. Highly recommended.
    2016 1025R, H120 w/53" bucket, 60 MMM, iMatch, RIO override, Rear wheel weights.
    1994 425, 54" MMM
    1976 212, 39" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 05:37 PM
    Thanks
    HIS pics bonehead.

Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak Hill Farm View Post
    QUESTIION: I have seen comments that the gearbox vent needs to be removed and replaced with a plug. What is the size for the replacement plug? BTW, mine has been "stored" since Saturday and nothing has dripped out, yet. I did place a drip pan under it, just in case.
    The info I'm finding is 1/8 NPT (27 tpi). The vent may or may not ever leak when the deck is stored standing up on edge, but it is possible. According to what I've found the pressure rating for the vent is 0.43 PSI, which isn't very much. The engineering detail shows a flat seal being held by a relief spring. For winter storage, it probably would be a good idea to remove the vent and use a plug, since storing it on edge would put the gear oil to the area of the gearbox where the vent is.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image_1545090409815.png
    North585 and Jep like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info on the plug. I will stop by the hardware store tomorrow and pick one up. Still no leaks after another day stored on the wheels. Although it has been rather cold, gear oil probably pretty thick right now.
    2016 1025R, H120 w/53" bucket, 60 MMM, iMatch, RIO override, Rear wheel weights.
    1994 425, 54" MMM
    1976 212, 39" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast