Leef Blower Options
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leef Blower Options

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-25-2018 @ 04:51 PM
    Thanks

Leef Blower Options

Forgive me as I know this keeps getting asked and I have searched but......

What is the deal with getting a leaf blower for a 1023e? I don't think I am willing to spend over $2k for a rear-PTO solution and I am ok with a gas powered walk-behind adapted for the front (or back) of the 1023e.

What are you all doing? I know you all can't be pushing walk-behinds around!

Please link me or let me know what's good. I was thinking at worst I would try to get a walk-behind strapped to the loader. But that would be a little bit ghetto on such a nice machine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 05:24 AM
    Thanks
    Try using the mower. I haven't tried it with my 60D, but at home I used the mower to blow into a line, then rake up.

I think there are a couple of posts talking about using the mower. I'll try to find them.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

4. Top | #3
    RG1

Last Online
    09-03-2018 @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    There are several commercial grade walk behinds that are self propelled from Billy Goat and Little Wonder.

http://www.billygoat.com/Resource_/P..._Reasonsv3.pdf

Little Wonder Optimax Self-Propelled Blowers
    JD 4115, Z950A, 240, 14SB, JE75, JA60 and a bunch of attachments.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    I am aware of the Little Wonder and Billy Goat. They are nice but expensive.

I was just about to purchase a Yardage Rake like the one below:

Yard Tuff Inline Acreage Rake — 55in. W, 6 Tine Reels, Model# ACR-600T | Dethatchers Rakes| Northern Tool + Equipment

I think I will still need a small blower, but perhaps if I get a yardage rake (which will also serve as a dethacher) I could get away with a backpack model.

Opinions?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,143 Times in 2,585 Posts
    All the PTO powered ones I know about are to big and require to much horsepower for the 1 or even 2 series machines.

We have a Little Wonder that serves us well.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6
    RG1

Last Online
    09-03-2018 @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LIS Sailor View Post
    I am aware of the Little Wonder and Billy Goat. They are nice but expensive.

I was just about to purchase a Yardage Rake like the one below:

Yard Tuff Inline Acreage Rake — 55in. W, 6 Tine Reels, Model# ACR-600T | Dethatchers Rakes| Northern Tool + Equipment

I think I will still need a small blower, but perhaps if I get a yardage rake (which will also serve as a dethacher) I could get away with a backpack model.

Opinions?
    I agree with the post above,

In regards to your post-

I have watched nearly identical units like that in your post work. they do a lot better job than most would believe. They are not useful on tighter properties, but if you have 1/2 acre or more that is open, they work great.

I mow for a living and have keep up with what works when it comes to stuff like BP's. The bigger units out these days will do an awful lot of work in fairly short order. One of them with the rake may do just exactly what you want.
    JD 4115, Z950A, 240, 14SB, JE75, JA60 and a bunch of attachments.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks
    I bought a used 10 hp Wonder a few years back. I have a fairly sloped back yard, and pushing/pulling that heavy metal unit back and forth got old really quick. I also used pull behind sweepers on my garden tractor for many years, but when it gets deep, I have to empty it very often.

My best decision was to buy a Stihl backpack blower. It puts out a lot of air and moves leaves quite well, almost as well as the Wonder. I still have to do a lot of walking, but then I'm only trying to clear about 3/4 acre of lawn. During the fall, if I don't keep after the leaves often enough, I blow them into piles and drag out the tarps. It's just a fall ritual for me now.

I also looked into the self propelled walk-behind blowers, but those prices were way steeper that the manual push models. So I stopped looking.

Another benefit with a backpack blower, is for snow removal when there are only a few inches of light powder. Also works great for clearing snow off my cars and deck.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 1,642 Posts
    As FredHickory stated use the mower to put them in a row . I close off the end of mower opening and mulch my leaves several friends do the same thing..
    Yes I have a Stihl hand blower works great for leaves and light snow.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks guys.

I have ordered the acreage rake and a big backpack leaf blower. I think this setup will do.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    01-11-2016 @ 07:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LIS Sailor View Post
    Thanks guys.

I have ordered the acreage rake and a big backpack leaf blower. I think this setup will do.
    Could you post a write-up/demo of the rake when you get it together? I'd be interested to see it.
    John Deere 1025R, H120 Loader, 60D AutoConnect MMM w/ Hydraulic Lift & Mulch Kit, 260 Backhoe, & JD Ballast Box

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast