• 1 Post By m21knight
  • 1 Post By m21knight

Thread: Alternative DIY Mower Deck Storage

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-01-2017 @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks

Alternative DIY Mower Deck Storage

I had seen several posts about DIY mower deck storage stands using steel tubing and swivel casters which got my creative juices going. I came up with a stand design which utilizes the existing anti-scalping wheels from the mower deck. Has anyone else out there tried a solution like this? I don't want put alot of effort into the build just to find out it wont work. I apologize for the busy print...you can tell I'm an Engineer I included both a PDF and JPEG version of the print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mower Deck Stand.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    enix1717 likes this.
    1023E with H120 FEL,54" Quick Hitch SB, 54D mower deck, and Kuhn EL-23 rototiller.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-06-2019 @ 08:56 PM
    Thanks
    Seems like a pretty good idea
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 12:07 AM
    Thanks
    "I came up with a stand design which utilizes the existing anti-scalping wheels from the mower deck."
    Sounds like a good idea to me... I'm considering them for an "off road BH storage wagon". The price is sure right on 'em as opposed to some castor setups I've priced out! I would use them doubled on each end of the axle for the BH's weight and better performance on "dirt". They would also slide easy for non castored use getting the deck against a wall on a paved surface...
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    01-11-2016 @ 07:00 AM
    Thanks
    Very cool! Will you be providing measurements and pipe diameters, or is this something proprietary you plan to build and sell?
    John Deere 1025R, H120 Loader, 60D AutoConnect MMM w/ Hydraulic Lift & Mulch Kit, 260 Backhoe, & JD Ballast Box

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like that would save on the cost of buying wheels which can add up quickly.
    Attachment 26678 My only concern, during fabrication, would be the fit between the removable sleeve and the axle (A & B) as it is with any design doing this. I had the luxury of a lathe when I did that with swivel casters. The tighter you can keep those fits between removable parts the better it's going to feel wheeling around in the garage. I like your idea, it will keep the deck closer to the ground, save on the cost of wheels and it looks like a fun project you can call your own. (not to mention the professional drawing) Well done.
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 12:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasoleo View Post
    Very cool! Will you be providing measurements and pipe diameters, or is this something proprietary you plan to build and sell?
    Mine will be a simple "Shoddy Industries Inc." design made of low cost treated lumber and exterior grade fasteners. I don't have any ebony welding rod so I have to bolt it together... The steering articulation is on the order of a kid's wagon. Heavy end of BH will sit on the fixed end and steering (45º swing limit for stability) will be under the bucket.

(WARNING! This proprietary design abstract is regestered and protected by "The Putin World Government Patent Agency" located in Crimea, Russia.)

2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-01-2017 @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasoleo View Post
    I'm about halfway through the build now. Once I complete it I'll snap some pictures and write up the material list.
    psrumors likes this.
    1023E with H120 FEL,54" Quick Hitch SB, 54D mower deck, and Kuhn EL-23 rototiller.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements