Can someone school me on a quick-hitch?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Can someone school me on a quick-hitch?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-11-2019 @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks

Can someone school me on a quick-hitch?

I didn't have any kind of QH for my Kubota and now with my JD 1025r. I will be buying a Ballast box and I have a Box Blade (Kubota) that will work on the 3-point. But the idea of a QH is appealing. I've seen on here the Imatch and I believe one other. Once I load the Ballast box it'll likely just stay on the tractor except when I need the box blade. I'd like to not fight the removal of a QH or will the QH work on the Box Blade as well as the Ballast?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EODK9Trainer View Post
    I didn't have any kind of QH for my Kubota and now with my JD 1025r. I will be buying a Ballast box and I have a Box Blade (Kubota) that will work on the 3-point. But the idea of a QH is appealing. I've seen on here the Imatch and I believe one other. Once I load the Ballast box it'll likely just stay on the tractor except when I need the box blade. I'd like to not fight the removal of a QH or will the QH work on the Box Blade as well as the Ballast?
    Good chance it will work for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    KE8LW likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,142 Times in 2,584 Posts
    Some implements are not QH compatible, but some are. If you search the term 'imatch' you can read for hours about various setups.
    pcabe5, Ray_PA and PJR832 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 08:10 AM
    Thanks

most things (imo) can adapt, but ..

the imatch adds 4 inches to distance so pto shaft lengths may need adatpting ( lengthening usually if the overlap of shafts doesnt meet 2/3 of the length)
    2018 Kubota RTVX 1100c
    2014 JD3046R CAB, H165 FEL, 72 HD" Bucket, 72D Auto MMM, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Frontier 1172 SB
    2002 JD4310 OS, 430 FEL, 60" HD Bucket, 60" MMM, Quick Hitch
    2001 Kubota TG1860G
    Wallenstein BX42R Chipper, JD MX5 Mower, HORST Pallet Forks
    Berkelmans Welding 2 Ton Farm Dump Trailer (JD Green)

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    I do not have any experience with the smaller tractors, but when I purchased the imatch for my 5085E I was expecting it to be a lot easier to hook up implements, and it really isn't that much easier it at all.
    BigJim55 likes this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerld View Post
    I do not have any experience with the smaller tractors, but when I purchased the imatch for my 5085E I was expecting it to be a lot easier to hook up implements, and it really isn't that much easier it at all.
    It's the opposite for me, on my 3320 I don't need to leave the seat to hookup or release an implement unless it has a PTO shaft. With the 3pt raised all the way I can reach both levers of the I-Match from the seat.
    etcallhome and pcabe5 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerld View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    It's the opposite for me, on my 3320 I don't need to leave the seat to hookup or release an implement unless it has a PTO shaft. With the 3pt raised all the way I can reach both levers of the I-Match from the seat.
    meyerld--i don't know a thing about ur bigger stuff-as far hooking implements. but i 'm telling ya on my 2520 if i had to tighten them shackles or tighteners what ever they are called-i would of pretty much gave up-on a3pt for sure, every time i changed rear implements.

once everything is i-MATCH CORRECT-like eric102 said-i don't have to leave my seat-EXCEPT to remove the pto shaft--and over the yrs i have found different ways for my big belly to fit over the i-match to undo the pto shaft.

now i think if i had a bigger tractor i would invest in a set of Pats easy couplers for it.

the next best thing to sliced butter which i hope to have next summer is a top link hydraulic and another set of QD on the rear. that's my plan.
    etcallhome, pcabe5 and PJR832 like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Thanks
    I agree, I am not sure if we have any 3-points now that do not have quick hitchs, whether cat1, 2 or 3. On the bigger tractors without it it's not so bad if the lower arms extend and I've done that for years. Somewhere along the way they all ended up with quick hitches because they are so handy. The only issue you might have is sometimes things settle or were on a different angle when they were dropped off so you have to adjust the top in or out. A couple of them have hydraulic top links and that is as they say is the cats meow. I just received my one for the 2038R from fit rite (shameless plug) and cannot wait to get it on but probably will wait till this winter. There is much to do yet. Now that I think of it, The only reason I have not put it on is because I want to hook it in through the joystick for the bucket because I don't have a bucket and think this would be a handy way to run it. Seeing as jobs always pile up I probably ought to just hook it up like a normal person and enjoy it, but I digress.

Even on the small stuff that you can shift around it can still hurt you and I buy these "toys" so I am not half crippled up when I am older. I consider them time machines and believe my shoulders would not ache sometimes had I bought a post hole digger earlier.

Last edited by Herminator; 09-17-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EODK9Trainer View Post

I had an iMatch quickhitch for my 1025R and kept it when I sold it. I now use it on my 4066R and would not be without it. I am disappointed when I am unable to use it on an implement such as my post hole digger. However, most of my attachments are iMatch compatible, so it is real easy to drop one and hook up to another. It does make attaching the PTO shaft a little more difficult, but I have gotten much more efficient with that. I would not be without the iMatch.

Dave
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Some implements are not QH compatible, but some are. If you search the term 'imatch' you can read for hours about various setups.
    Exactly. Only Frontier attachments are guaranteed to work with the iMatch, any other brand is a crap shoot. I love my iMatch .
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast