Like Tree131Likes

Thread: looking at this rock bucket!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,121 Posts

looking at this rock bucket!

anybody out there ever dealt with this outfitROCK BUCKET & LAND PLANE COMBINATION FOR JOHN DEERE 1000 & 2000 SERIES - 54"

my jd dealer will not set anything like this on his lott-why -the salesman said today he had no answer to that. but if it was on the lot-i would probably go pick it up-right there. less hassle IMO for me.

do uns think this is a bucket made out of the USA? the online dealer for this bucket is John Deere 1000 & 2000 Series Tractor Accessories-left them a message for a call back. so i will see.

just didn't really want a rock bucket-for 1 reason--didn't want to have to shake the hydraluics to clean the dirt out. maybe it wouldn't be too bad--just as long as ur dirt is good and dry.

been pricing steel today for a dirt sifter-or to make a grizzly type-and heck i'm gonna be close either way i go. if i install a gas engine to shake the screen-so-tore between the 2 all input would be greatly appreciated-thanks.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 6 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    anybody out there ever dealt with this outfitROCK BUCKET & LAND PLANE COMBINATION FOR JOHN DEERE 1000 & 2000 SERIES - 54"

my jd dealer will not set anything like this on his lott-why -the salesman said today he had no answer to that. but if it was on the lot-i would probably go pick it up-right there. less hassle IMO for me.

do uns think this is a bucket made out of the USA? the online dealer for this bucket is John Deere 1000 & 2000 Series Tractor Accessories-left them a message for a call back. so i will see.

just didn't really want a rock bucket-for 1 reason--didn't want to have to shake the hydraluics to clean the dirt out. maybe it wouldn't be too bad--just as long as ur dirt is good and dry.

been pricing steel today for a dirt sifter-or to make a grizzly type-and heck i'm gonna be close either way i go. if i install a gas engine to shake the screen-so-tore between the 2 all input would be greatly appreciated-thanks.
    I guess I would hope for that price that it is made in the USA. I'm glad you shared this link, I've been looking at them but I like this one better for a SCUT. Keep us posted when they call you back.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 3 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I guess I would hope for that price that it is made in the USA. I'm glad you shared this link, I've been looking at them but I like this one better for a SCUT. Keep us posted when they call you back.
    10/4 driver-will do. i need it today
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 2 others like this.
    jim

king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    It has been my experience that rock buckets that have flat tines tend to clog up much faster than round tines. The rocks tend to lodge between the greater parallel surface area of the flat tines. Round tines have very little parallel surface area between tines where rocks can become lodged.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fishbait For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (09-22-2017)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    I've never dealt with a land plane, but I"m really not seeing how this doubles as a land plane. I read that it has a cutting blade at the back of the bucket, but I'm not sure how that actually works in practice.

Anyone seen one of these in action? Can someone enlighten me?
    etcallhome, pcabe5, rtgt and 1 others like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Thanks
    How about something like this rock rake. I have one like this and it works great, except that you still have to pick up the rocks from where you have raked them, but you could use the regular bucket for that.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...pe-rake-6-ft-w

Dave
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and buckteeth445 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    I've never dealt with a land plane, but I"m really not seeing how this doubles as a land plane. I read that it has a cutting blade at the back of the bucket, but I'm not sure how that actually works in practice.

Anyone seen one of these in action? Can someone enlighten me?
    Guess is use it backing up, the cutting edge cuts, there is a vertical plate there as well to hold some material, there is also the cross bar in the center of the bucket that would hold some material. Not as good as an actual land plane by any means, but better than a regular bucket.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutty72 For This Useful Post:

Oscar Leroy (09-21-2017)

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:18 AM
    Thanks
    I was looking for a rock bucket as well. Here is one that i found. 150.00 cheaper and they offered me free shipping.
    http://www.redlinesystemsinc.com/att...rock-bucket-54

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and buckteeth445 like this.
    Mike
    2016 2032r: FEL, MMM, 54" Blade, 47" Snow Blower, Artillian forks 42", WoodMaxx WM-8H, ROPS Backup/Forward Sensor Kit

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    How about something like this rock rake. I have one like this and it works great, except that you still have to pick up the rocks from where you have raked them, but you could use the regular bucket for that.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...pe-rake-6-ft-w

Dave
    i already have a rock rake-here's a pic of itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	frontier stone rake.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	6.17 MB 
ID:	456594the reason i needed a rock bucket-is because several yrs ago---i stacked several-piles of dirt-that had a lot of bigger rocks in them. and the area that i was fillling was to shallow for the size of these rocks to be buried in. i would rather build a dirt screener-but a rock bucket would work also for now. thanks for answering-oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    Guess is use it backing up, the cutting edge cuts, there is a vertical plate there as well to hold some material, there is also the cross bar in the center of the bucket that would hold some material. Not as good as an actual land plane by any means, but better than a regular bucket.
    that is the way i understood the info about it. u dig the rock out of the ground, and then u can backdrag the hole shut afterwards. saving u from changing buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by mussermike View Post
    I was looking for a rock bucket as well. Here is one that i found. 150.00 cheaper and they offered me free shipping.
    John Deere Compact Tractor Rock Bucket 54" | Redline Systems Inc - Equipment Attachments - Custom Fabrication - Hutchinson, MN

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    today when i was looking thru my favorites i thought i had saved this one from last winter looking at it.
    .................................................. ...

i left a detailed message on the phone at this Acme WHSE that sells online. but no one called me back today. probably want ya to just use the web page-instead of talking about it.
    Gizmo2 and pcabe5 like this.
    jim

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (09-22-2017)

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    the guy from Weidman says that the dealers doesn't want to upfront the money for this stuff-that's why they have been selling online thru the 2nd link i posted. but that place never called back today.

another poster here posted another bucket form Redline-it looks just as good-and is $150 cheaper.

i get wound up every time i want something like this-and the dealers won't set it on the lot to buy--at least where i go. it seems the only stuff i see is Frontier attachments and we know why that is-cause it's there own product with a different name.

and then a lot of time-them products isn't even on the lot so u can see what ur getting into-before u buy it. sure not like the old days-by a long shot-in my book.
    pcabe5, em14 and PJR832 like this.
    jim

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast