Need some help on buying a used 260.....
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Wvdirtroads
  • 1 Post By USAFRet
  • 3 Post By Ray_PA
  • 1 Post By mbowen89

Thread: Need some help on buying a used 260.....

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks

Need some help on buying a used 260.....

Hi everyone,

Well they told me I should have gotten it when I purchased my tractor but I didn't listen. Now I keep thinking of things I could use the BH for and started to look for one.

I found one that has little use but I do not know the right questions to ask to make sure it will fit on my 1025R.

My 1025r is a 2017 and I had the power beyond kit installed when I purchased it.

So question number 1 is what do I need to know if it will fit or not?
    Question two is how hard would it be to install it and would the dealer need to do this?

Also since I am very new anything else I should look for or ask about?

Also it came off a John Deere jd2305 if that helps.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by USAFRet; 09-22-2017 at 08:32 PM.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks
    It will fit. What you need to ask is this.. is the seller letting go of the tractor mounts too? Last I checked the required tractor mounts are quite pricey. If not that can spur a seemingly good price. You're good in the hydraulics department if you have the factory PB.
    greenharley and USAFRet like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvdirtroads View Post
    It will fit. What you need to ask is this.. is the seller letting go of the tractor mounts too? Last I checked the required tractor mounts are quite pricey. If not that can spur a seemingly good price. You're good in the hydraulics department if you have the factory PB.
    Thank you for information on the mounts. It looks like they might be different and there is a $1500 cost. That is why this board is so helpful to us new guys. I might have jumped at the price if you guys didn't help.
    greenharley likes this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Thanks
    The 260 BH will fit.

Questions to ask:
    1. Machines with BH's have swivel seats. Is the seat swivel included?
    2. The BH mounts to a sub-frame that is attached under and back of the tractor. Is the entire sub-frame and attaching hardware included?
    3. BH machines have the ROPS mounted tool box turned to the side rather than across the back. This requires a different bracket. Maybe you can swap the seller your tool box bracket for his so you get the correct bracket to mount the tool box.
    4. BH machines have the ROPS mounted lights mounted higher. This is done with extension brackets. Is the seller including these extension brackets for the ROPS lights?

Since you have the power beyond, you have that covered.
    Kennyd, greenharley and USAFRet like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    When I installed my backhoe I didn't mess with the lights, do you know the purpose?
    greenharley likes this.
    JD 1026r

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbowen89 View Post
    When I installed my backhoe I didn't mess with the lights, do you know the purpose?
    I can't say for sure why JD raises the taillights on the BH machines, although, I believe they are raised so both lights can be seen from behind when the BH is mounted, so if you are traveling with the tractor and have the flashers or turn signals on, vehicles behind you can see both lights without obstruction from the BH.
    The other possible reason is, when getting off and on the BH, with the ROPS lights raised, it gets them out of the way so it is less likely that you will hit your shoulder on one.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Thanks
    For someone who made the same mistake. How did this all workout for the OP? And whatís the thoughts on best places to find one? Dealer tells me it will be difficult to get one as mine is a early year 2017 and cannot for a 260b. You guys werenít kidding about bracket price. Dealership claims to not know how quick or if they can get it but that itís 1400$. I donít have PB kit. Wished the budget Allowed for tlb. I own enough of the tractor I donít want to trade in at this point. Figure itís worth maybe 8-9k trade in and I prob owe 10.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1025r 60d and h120 with bucket. Quick hitch with barbell and weights for ballast.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

Forks soon. Blade for the loader. Rio mod.
    So much fun to be had!

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements