Articulating Bush Hog Flail Mower
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Articulating Bush Hog Flail Mower

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,478 Posts

Articulating Bush Hog Flail Mower

This sure looks like a handy way to safely mow hillsides and ditches.....

This ad has been on the Kalamazoo, Michigan Craiglist for about the past month or so......

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/grd...274824500.html

I have seen a much larger version of these used by the crews who mow the roadsides for the state highways and also used by the crews who mow along the county roads........

This is larger than would fit my next tractor, but I sure like the idea of being able to keep the tractor on the stable road or shoulder and reach down into the ditch or hillside for mowing....

Do we have anyone here on GTT who owns one of this type of articulating flail mower? Just wondering how it is in the real world. Does it function as well as you would hope?

I haven't looked into the operational details but it seems like this would likely need at least a 3rd function on the hydraulics to be able to accomplish all of the various positions and the operation of this mower......

Would like to hear from anyone who owns this type of mower or uses one regarding it's limitations or any unforeseen issues with it's use.

Here is the Bush Hog Product manual with all of the Specifications, etc. It's nearly 180 pages........http://www.bushhog.com/uploads/bulle...17_1_10_17.pdf

On pages BM, they have all of the specifications and details listed about this line of their mowers. Looks like a minimum of 45 horsepower is what the manufacturer is recommending.............Page 105- 107 of the specification booklet linked above. I tried to get a screen shot but was unable to..............

Thank you in advance for any posted replies.....
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 09-24-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Levi likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements