Please remember that I am fairly new to tractor and implement ownership but don't let my naivety cloud/ease your comments.
I bought a 4" x 60" UHMW cutting edge and UHMW shoes for my snowblower. My questions are these:
1. I cannot fit the shoes on the inside of the blower with the new cutting edge installed. Is it OK to have the shoes on the outside of the snowblower?
2. In the future I may purchase solid stock UHMW and make my own shoes if I need to. They were pretty expensive (IMO) to buy ($60/per shoe). I'm assuming that this has been done before?
3. I could notch out a portion(s) of the cutting edge to get the shoes to fit on the inside of the snowblower if that's what I am supposed to do. Should I do notch the cutting edge?
4. I drilled the holes in the middle of the cutting edge to attach it to the snowblower. I figured I could "flip it" around to have another cutting edge if the first one wears down. Was that what I should have done?
5. I used 1.5" carriage bolts (heads on the underneath and not recessed into the UHMW but drawn tight) to attach cutting edge. Is this the correct way to attach the cutting edge?
6. I am attaching a profile pic of the cutting edge. The bevel edges are on the bottom when it is attached to the snowblower. Is this the correct way to position it?