Anyone using a winch on an old 2032R?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Anyone using a winch on an old 2032R?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 01:03 PM
    Thanks

Anyone using a winch on an old 2032R?

All,

Looking for input and recommendations on a (logging) winch for my older style 2032R. I know it isn't a huge tractor and doesn't have weight to be pulling eight trees at once. I have some tight hard/soft wood mix that needs some thinning and I'm thinking that a winch would be a wonderful addition to make the task manageable and fun.

I was hoping someone on here would have one in use; or have used one on theirs and be able to give some insight.

I am not married to a particular brand; but, I know Wallenstein is in the space and they have a solid reputation. I'm willing to pay a smidge extra for quality. Anything you all have to say is greatly appreciated! Thanks
    pcabe5 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,578 Posts
    Are you looking for a 3PH skidding winch in particular, or just a regular one?

Farmi has the skidding winch market all but locked up, they do make a smaller one: Tractor Mounted Winches - Farmiwinch.com
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

vtlmbrjack†(10-03-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks

Wish list

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Are you looking for a 3PH skidding winch in particular, or just a regular one?

Farmi has the skidding winch market all but locked up, they do make a smaller one: Tractor Mounted Winches - Farmiwinch.com
    One of those is on my wish list. I'm really surprised they have the protective screens as an accessory instead of including them with every winch. I'll bet 99% of the owners operate the winch from the seat at some point or another and really should have the screen.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

vtlmbrjack†(10-03-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-29-2019 @ 02:43 AM
    Thanks

2025R Winch

Just a thought,
    I've modified my 2025R for work on USFS 50" ATV trails for my club, WSATVA.
    See the attached photo showing a 3 point trailer mover i set up with 2" receivers to mount ripper shanks.
    Added one more front and back for 2500# Superwinch.
    might work for you.
    John Hesslink
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6150274.JPG
    fdmars, keane, romcjr and 1 others like this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to John Hesslink For This Useful Post:

vtlmbrjack†(10-03-2017)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Kenny - Yes I am looking for a 3 pt skidding winch in particular; not a normal winch. I will add Farmi to the list! Unfortunately for me I live in the north end of nowhere Vermont so I will probably have to do some online research to compare pricing with local dealers.

Treefarmer - I don't particularly like having to add the screen as an accessory either. There will be places where I will end up that I probably will have to dismount the screen for a short time until I can make the terrain work; but, for the most part I want the peace of mind of the screen in place.

John - That set up looks awesome! I'm not very talented with fabrication so by the time I pay a welding outfit to manufacture something for me I will probably be 60-70% of the way to a new skidding winch.

Thanks for the input thus far and keep it coming!

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks
    Iíll be adding a forestry winch to my 2025R in the next year as I do some timber management. Iíve attached a few photos from a recent forestry show I attended. One other brand to consider is Woodland Mills out of Canada. I have their ATV trailer and canít say enough about how handy thatís been. I would definitely add them to your list to look into...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fdmars and Jkochis82 like this.
    -2015 John Deere 2025R
    w/R4's and 2.5 " wheel spacers front and rear, FEL, Imatch QH, Ballast Box
    270 A backhoe

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EBhunts For This Useful Post:

Kennyd†(10-03-2017), vtlmbrjack†(10-03-2017)

13. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Farmi looks really nice; just having trouble finding a dealer. Labonville Forestry isn't too far away from me and they have free shipping. They sell the Norse line of skidding winches; and from what I can tell they're damn near identical to the Igland you posted. They both look nice. I will look up the Woodland Mills offerings and see if anywhere close can get their hands on them. I would like to be able to view and get my hands on one before I decided.

Farmi seems like the top of the price range from what little I can find online. I won't be using it to make a living or even once a month. Probably a few days in the fall to skid some trees out and thin some woods so I don't necessarily need to go all in from the checkbook standpoint. I'm already resigned to the fact that I'll be spending an extra 300-400 dollars for a self releasing snatch block so I can keep my small tractor straight on the pull and not tip over.

Thanks for the suggestions; you guys are pointing me in all the right directions!

I think there are a couple of Wallenstein 'dealers' near me as well so I'll have to swing in and see if they even have any of their winches around.

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks
    vtlmbrjack,

Checkout Dads 4 by in St J, That's where I got my Igland winch. The owner is whom I dealt with and is a big John Deere fan of the old Two cylinders. He even through in an extra choker and t shirt with the purchase. The Norse is made by Igland so it's the same winch. I see he sells Fransgard also, I have a pull behind snow blower that is a Fransgard and it is very well built. I would think they would have a winch for a 2 series tractor or get one in. The Igland is a beast and easy to get parts for (I've not broke anything but a friend of mine did). Good luck with your purchase.

jrob730

15. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    I welded a 2" receiver box onto the swinging drawbar on my 2032R and mounted a SuperWinch 3,500lb winch using that. Works like a champ and it's down nice and low below the rear axle for stability when I'm dragging a log.

I still need to rig up a 2" receiver box on the front end of my tractor so I can mount it out front if I want to as well.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

16. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    JRob - I actually just called down there yesterday. They have a pretty good deal going on the Fransgard offerings. 300 off; four chokers, and a chainsaw holder. You have to wait for two chokers and saw scabbard; mail in rebate of some form but the money off is instant; promotion is on through the end of the year. I like their smaller one. I believe I talked to the owner. I told him I was between the two sizes as far as hp goes. Was leaning towards the larger in case I move up tractors down the line. He told me the internal parts were all identical between the two and it really wouldn't do the tractor any favors to have the larger one on it. That is a pretty good start in my book by not trying to upsell me. I didn't realize he had Igland there as well. There is another outfit in the same town that has Igland so when I go on a sightseeing trip I'll be able to check them both out and work price a little bit. A family friend has the smallest Igland and loves it; I don't like that you don't have an upper pulley option on it and for similar pricing I think I'm leaning Fransgard. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jim - That's an idea my dad had as well. I wasn't sure how well it would work but I shouldn't have doubted it. I'll be examining some budget issues and see what I can work in. I like it as a back up plan.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast