Anyone running a bagger on their JD SCUT?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Anyone running a bagger on their JD SCUT?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks

New GTT member here, been hanging around other JD forums but figured it was time to branch out. Last week I purchased a new 1025r with the H120 loader and a 54” driver over deck. I also own an older x520 and I bought the 3 bag system for it but now that I own the 1025r I really have not much need to keep the x520. I’m toying with the idea of selling it next spring and that will give me some implement funds. I’m going to try to go through my local dealer and buy the parts to adapt my current Bagger to fit the new tractor, I will still also have to buy a new chute and power flow head also. Does anyone currently run the power flow on their SCUT or some other collection system? Pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    chex313 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    There are lots of options out there and no perfect solution for everyone. I have mentioned it on this forum before but it was about two years ago that I was looking at replacing my X585 and was looking at the 1 series but at the time all they had was the 3 bag system. For me that doesn't make any sense. I have the cart system on the X585 and I dump all my leaves and what clippings I get into a big compost pile. I use my FEL to turn the leaves until they are dirt and I use that around the property. Why would I want to get off the machine and manually dump 3 bags. If I didn't have enough property to support a compost pile and I had to bag my leaves to haul them to a collection location or have the city/waste company come by and collect the bags, then sure a 3 bag system is a good idea. For me it is terrible and would be a big step backwards. Not saying one way is better than the other but a big question you have to answer is, what do you do with the clippings/leaves? Because at the time the 3 bag collection was the only option for the 1 series, I didn't go that route. I kept the X585 for FEL work and snow removal. I then bought a Z950R with MCS which includes a dump from seat hopper. This improved my efficiency a lot. I now don't have to get off the machine to dump plus it cuts grass better and faster than the X585. I leave the FEL on through late fall when I am done with leaves and then put on the blade for plowing. Sure there were 3rd party options but for me I wanted to buy everything JD mainly because I could roll it all into 0% for 60mo.

If I were doing the process today it would be a harder decision. I say this because the last time I stopped out to the dealer I saw that JD partnered with a company that makes a dump from seat system for the 1 series. Where it was a pretty easy decision before, I would really have to weigh my options and crunch the numbers to see what way I would go. Again the hopper is a much better way of doing this for me, if you have to dispose of your waste in a way that involves transporting it offsite a 3 bag system is probably better. I guess it might take up less storage when not in use as well. I have plenty of buildings on property so that isn't an issue either.

Whatever you go with here are some things I would consider. You said you are looking at getting some other implements. Are any of them 3pt hitch implements? Do you have an iMatch or other quick hitch for the 3pt arms? If not I highly recommend getting one. If you go iMatch or the cheap Harbor Freight one it doesn't matter, get one if you don't have one. If you have to modify your 3 bags, do it in a way to fit the iMatch or whatever quick hitch system you use. It will save you a lot of frustration and time when it comes to switching back and forth. Those tubes that you get from the powerflow to the collection hopper/bags normally need to be cut down. That is why I say go quick hitch now or you will have to buy a new one later if you go that route. They won't grow if you soak them in water.

Hope this helps.
    cheesetrain, chex313 and Levi like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks

I run the John Deere three bag MCS on my 1025r. Really like it. However I use an adapter to mount the bagger on the Imatch. Just back tractor up and pick the bagger off the cart. I use the Jamison Bryce setup. There is a new MCS20 clamshell bagger for the 1025r that I have been eyeballing. No bags, electric dump, Imatch compatibility, built in stands. Might upgrade to it in the future. The power flow works good for me and eliminates the need for another engine. You will most likely need to purchase a new power flow as the one from the x520 won’t work on 1 series deck. Chute length might be too short as well. I like the bagger sitting on the 3pt. Makes it more compact and easier to navigate through areas versus towing a DR trailer or Cyclone rake. Those do have their advantages in the form of enormous capacity however.

BigJim55 and Busman like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-25-2019 @ 11:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    If I were doing the process today it would be a harder decision. I say this because the last time I stopped out to the dealer I saw that JD partnered with a company that makes a dump from seat system for the 1 series. Where it was a pretty easy decision before, I would really have to weigh my options and crunch the numbers to see what way I would go. Again the hopper is a much better way of doing this for me, if you have to dispose of your waste in a way that involves transporting it offsite a 3 bag system is probably better.
    I agree, the dump from your seat MCS is great if you can drive into the "woods" behind your house and it's far enough away that you won't smell rotting grass all summer. At my current house, the dump from your seat MCS doesn't make sense since I have to move the waste offsite, so I have a 3 bag MCS which works great. The 3 bag MCS fills up quickly with the 60D as it can move/produce a lot of grass clippings. However, if you use a dump MCS and you pile it on your driveway, you can always use the loader to put it in a trailer or pickup truck to haul away.
    Last edited by Green Man; 10-05-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    John Deere 1026R (MY 2012) Purchased April 2013
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    60D (7-iron) Autoconnect MMM
    JD 3-Bag MCS w/Honda GC160 Power "Pak"
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    Artillian 42"x3" Forks w/2" Receiver
    48" EA XTreme Duty Box Blade
    36" EA Independent Wheel Lawn Aerator w/Alternating Depth Tines
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266
    42" Freedom Mulching Deck
    Larger LX model wheels/tires

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I agree, the dump from your seat MCS is great if you can drive into the "woods" behind your house and it's far enough away that you won't smell rotting grass all summer. At my current house, the dump from your seat MCS doesn't make sense since I have to move the waste offsite, so I have a 3 bag MCS which works great. The 3 bag MCS fills up quickly with the 60D as it can move/produce a lot of grass clippings. However, if you use a dump MCS and you pile it on your driveway, you can always use the loader to put it in a trailer or pickup truck to haul away.
    I do both. Dump it my garden as well as dump it on my trailer to haul it to yard waste sight. Problem is that I can fill the trailer three times with one mowing. I would love to have one of the old hydraulic dump baggers that were used on the older model garden tractors.

Green Man likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-25-2019 @ 11:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    I do both. Dump it my garden as well as dump it on my trailer to haul it to yard waste sight. Problem is that I can fill the trailer three times with one mowing. I would love to have one of the old hydraulic dump baggers that were used on the older model garden tractors.

Yes, the hydraulic dump baggers are great, but getting harder to find and even harder to find in good shape. I had a line on one a few years ago, but didn't have the storage room for it and I wasn't going to pay $2K for a near mint MCS and have it sit outside.

I've avoided dumping anything from the lawn into the garden since I haven't made the effort to go 100% organic for lawn treatments.
    John Deere 1026R (MY 2012) Purchased April 2013
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    60D (7-iron) Autoconnect MMM
    JD 3-Bag MCS w/Honda GC160 Power "Pak"
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    Artillian 42"x3" Forks w/2" Receiver
    48" EA XTreme Duty Box Blade
    36" EA Independent Wheel Lawn Aerator w/Alternating Depth Tines
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266
    42" Freedom Mulching Deck
    Larger LX model wheels/tires

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I have a cyclone rake and couldn’t be happier. Cheaper than the Deere 3 bagger and better in my opinion

Jason

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    New MCS20 clamshell bagger with power flow head and chute probably in the neighbourhood of $3,300.
    Last edited by Busman; 10-06-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Thanks
    I have the MCS20. I purchased it mid-summer and the dealer stored it for me. I just picked it up about an hour ago. It is still sitting on the pallet on the trailer. I'll be installing it in the next week or so, so I can report back then. I paid $3098.52, including tax, for everything.

Here is a link to the video the dealer had made of the MCS20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKk-SE4M79U
    Kennyd, ColonyPark and keane like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    01-11-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Love my bagger and the power flow BUT it is a pain to empty and the powerflow on my 60 inch deck sticks out pretty far.

it works great and I would not have a problem suggesting getting it but I would be tempted to try the mulching kit and see how it does. I have read many posts on the kit and people love them.

just my 2 cents
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast