Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: New 1025r - Attachments Suggestions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-09-2019 @ 12:16 PM
    Thanks

New 1025r - Attachments Suggestions

Hi All, I am picking up a 1025R TLB at the end of the month, and am trying to decide what attachments I need/want to go with it. Its main purpose in life is to get my backyard in order... which involves grading, stump removal & rockery installations. My property is 7-10% slope throughout, local areas are even steeper. much of the landscaping will be taking place on top of a septic field - so i cant go nuts digging too deeply. drain rock starts ~12-18" down depending on the location, mostly in the gravel removal area. soils are mostly clay'ey glacial till, sometimes patches of sand. lots of rocks.

I am currently set to buy the frontier 48" BB & JD Thumb for TLB. I'm contemplating the artillian forks & frontier landscape rake. TNT looks tempting from the little bit i have read on it... not sure what the whole mod costs, it looked like fit-rite doesnt sell the valve assembly.

so two questions,
    What method would you go about configuring the hill of weeds & rabbit holes to become grass?
    What attachments / mods are recommended (Additional budget $3k or so)?

Tasks (in priority order):
    remove stumps & unwanted trees (cedar/Indian plum in the images)
    scoop up & remove 10yd of mixed gravel (torn up garden pic)
    bring in 40yd top soil, grade smooth enough for a lawn
    build rockery next to new lawn area (2man, 3'x30')
    seed lawn (~7000 sf)
    build additional rockery (3'x70')
    mow(?)

located in the northwest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170929_073621.jpg   20170929_073431-4972x944.jpg   20170929_073544.jpg  
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdiguana View Post
    I am currently set to buy the frontier 48" BB & JD Thumb for TLB. I'm contemplating the artillian forks & frontier landscape rake.
    I would get a 54" BB from Everything Attachments, maybe the landscape rake too depending upon how the price compares to a frontier. If you don't mind a mere 25lbs extra weight you can get the Titan forks for half the price of the Artillians. I would also add in a JD iMatch, Ken's bolt on hooks and a Piranha tooth bar .

Then for our short days coming up you might want to add some LED flood lights, maybe swap out all the existing bulbs for LEDs as well.
    Last edited by W9GFO; 10-09-2017 at 02:16 AM.
    pcabe5, Levi, greenharley and 3 others like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdiguana View Post
    so two questions,
    What method would you go about configuring the hill of weeds & rabbit holes to become grass?
    What attachments / mods are recommended (Additional budget $3k or so)?

Tasks (in priority order):
    remove stumps & unwanted trees (cedar/Indian plum in the images)
    Your backhoe and loader will be your primary tools here. Hooks on both would be handy. Some chains too. A toothbar will make digging with the bucket much, much easier. A subsoiler might come in handy here if you want to try to pull up roots.

scoop up & remove 10yd of mixed gravel (torn up garden pic)
    Your loader will be doing 99% of that. But 10 yards is quite a bit of gravel. You're loader bucket is just under 1/3rd of a yard so 10 yards is going to be 32-33 full bucket loads. If you have a trailer to load that into you can do a lot less running around. Plus, you'll need to haul that somewhere anyway.

bring in 40yd top soil, grade smooth enough for a lawn
    again, this is mostly loader work to get it in there. Then maybe a back blade or box blade (minus the scarifiers) to semi-level followed by a landscape rake.

build rockery next to new lawn area (2man, 3'x30')
    This is all loader/backhoe work along with a lot of muscle and a big prybar.

seed lawn (~7000 sf)
    Some sort of fertilizer/seed spreader and a roller.

build additional rockery (3'x70')
    Same as above

mow(?)
    At 7,000 sq ft of lawn? A nice walk-behind push mower...

Some of these things may be a one-time use for you (Like a trailer and roller). You'll have to look at each and think about whether you'd use them again. If not, consider renting them if you can. But the items you'll use again, rent the items you only need once.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Agree on the iMatch. Make sure all equipment bought are iMatch compatible. 8 or more suit case weights would be nice and probably needed. Visit Heavy Hitch, they have some things you might need.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks
    As was mentioned previous, forget the 48" BB and go with the 54" or 60" width. I have a 48" and a 72"...The 48" is pitiful. I like to have at least 6" overage on the outside of each rear wheel.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Definitely pallet forks like you planned, regardless of brand.
    Maybe a toothed bar for the bucket.
    You'll be glad for the bucket hooks you'll be installing, and of course all the rigging you will need to lift and move stuff.
    Sounds like a lot of FEL work at first, so remember to grease it every 10 hours.
    Looking at your pictures, I can guess that once your grading and spreading work is done, you probably won't use a box blade again. I bought one, used it my first month, and it has sat unused for the two years since then. Can you borrow one, and save the money for something else?
    Looks like you have neighbors very close so maybe you won't be tractoring at night, and maybe extra lights won't be needed.
    Do you get much snow where you live?
    At 7000 sq ft a 3 point spreader would be a waste, IMO, that's small enough to do by hand.
    Will you be using the tractor to mow your new yard?
    Gizmo2, Levi, wentonbrown and 2 others like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

9. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Definitely pallet forks like you planned, regardless of brand.
    I like that.

Welcome to GTT sdiguana.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 10-12-2017 at 06:58 AM.
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Don't overlook ballast weight. I went with the Heavy Hitch dual row receiver/weight drawbar and 16*42# suitcase weights. It is a bit pricey, but more weight than a ballast box and it tucks in tightly to the back of the tractor. So less chance of backing or swinging it into something when performing loader work. Plus, you can utilize the same suitcase weight up front when moving earth with 3-point attachments.

Depending on the extent of how much grade changes you'll be making and how much existing top soil you'll be retaining, a tiller may be in order. I find mine virtually indispensable on any landscaping project. I find it pretty slow going and a lot wear impact to the FEL attempting to move/grade/dig compacted soil. However, a pass or two through it before hand with the tiller makes it putty in the hands of the FEL. Moreover, the tiller by itself will smooth and level out a lot of an uneven grade.

Looking at your photos, I'm speculating your base grade is pretty close. Leveling and roughing in the base grade is where I utilize a landscape rake the most. As you don't appear to have much of that to do, I wouldn't recommend one at this point. If you're going to acquire a 3 -point landscape rake, you'll need the gauge wheels along with it. It gets pricey when looking at a quality rake.

I've never utilized a box blade to any extent on a landscape project. If it is a very large area, I could see where it would be handy.
    Levi, RetiredDoc and PJR832 like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    I agree with everyone's suggestions on here, but as martincom said, I would invest in a tiller also. They are a valuable landscaping tool, you can till deep and give the wife nice fluffy soil for planting and you can also just cuff the sod for reseeding purposes. And definitely forks and a tooth bar for the bucket.
    Levi likes this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 12:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I agree with everyone's suggestions on here, but as martincom said, I would invest in a tiller also. They are a valuable landscaping tool, you can till deep and give the wife nice fluffy soil for planting and you can also just cuff the sod for reseeding purposes. And definitely forks and a tooth bar for the bucket.
    What does CUFF THE SOD mean. Do you just lower the tiller enough to scrape a little of the lawn?
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    JD
    2016-1025R
    H120 Loader
    54"MMM W/Mulching Kit
    647 Tiller

Power Beyond Kit Dealer Installed
    Quick Hitch
    Ballast Box
    Titan 42" Forks
    Agri-Fab 175-Pound Tow Broadcast Spreader
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar