• 16 Post By purplewg
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Finally got a grapple

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks

Finally got a grapple

After hurricane Matthew in 2016 I was gonna get a brush grapple to make clean up around the ranch easier but like a lot of stuff it slipped my mind. Then along comes Irma in 2017 and I remembered I was gonna get a grapple. lol I did a lot of reading and there seems to be a lot of opinions on who/what is the best so I just made my own call. I didn't need a commercial grade unit to use on occasion so I didn't want to break the bank. Originally I was gonna put it on
    a big Massey tractor I have and then I remembered my neighbor has a 5065E like mine and knew he might want to borrow it sometimes so I got one for my 5065E.

I submitted request for quotes through a couple dealers and other web sites. Not a single dealer replied and some of the web sites didn't reply either so I ruled them out. I found skidsteerattachment depot on ebay ( I know. lol) Considering the cost ($1900 shipped to me) and my occasional use, I went with it.
    They shipped it right away but the freight company let is sit in Atlanta for almost a week but I did get about a week and half later.

So, it shows up and first impression was Wow! This thing is built far better than I expected. 3/8 inch metal with gusseting everywhere. 4" cross beam, replaceable teeth, opens to 49 inches by my ruler, and most important to me, Made in the USA. I got the 74" clam shell root rake with Deere mounting.

I ran the third function off the remotes on the back of the tractor and paid another $285 for hoses and quick couplers. I used it for the first time yesterday to move some old rotted posts I replaced in the cow pen. Then the county elected to leave some big oak tree trunks up against my fence so I moved them down the road to a tree blown over in the hurricane they have to clear yet.

I don't think I would want it on a lighter tractor but after looking at how well built it is, I may add mounting to allow me to put it on my Massey also. This unit comes in at 875 pounds by the way.

So for those who may want an economical grapple I would recommend it and I am no way shape or form affiliated with this company.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grapple (1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	469330
    glc, fdmars, pcabe5 and 13 others like this.
    Don't squat with your spurs on!
    JD 5065E, JD 737 Z-Turn, Can Am XT1000, Massey 271, Massey 451, Vermeer Baler, Various other tools.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Congrats, they change how you work
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

purplewg (10-15-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Sure does look good and stout. Congrats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pcabe5 For This Useful Post:

purplewg (10-15-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements