Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Fimco Sprayer Delivered

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Thanks

Fimco Sprayer Delivered

I had my sprayer delivered today. Now to get ready for a quick spray on the weeds next week. It was raining the past couple days but next week will be dry and up to 65°.

I'm hoping this can assist with weed management for 2 acres. I'll have to experiment on the speed and the coverage.

Randy

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    glc, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 6 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    I just bought the same sprayer from Tractor Supply a few weeks ago, and have used it once to spray 2,4-D. It was very easy to set up, since all the boom plumbing and spray heads were already installed. although the instruction manual indicates that this is included in your part of the setup. It looks like from your box that yours has the "new, improved spray heads" which is good.

Since I wasn't used to having a boom extending beyond the tires, I did manage to catch one end of the boom on a tree. It bent the back of the frame, and one of the "L" brackets holding the boom. The breakaway function of the boom didn't quite perform as expected. I was able to re-bend the damaged pieces back to close to original shapes.

Next time out, I plan to zip tie an 8 foot section of 1/2" PVC pipe across the top of the tractor grille guard to give me a visual reference in front the width of the boom in the back.

Almost forgot - the sprayer fits on the iMatch hitch perfectly. No modifications needed.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 10-20-2017 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Add imatch comment
    mjncad, pcabe5, Levi and 7 others like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

9MMMAC (10-26-2017), rakane (10-21-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Congrats.. If you play around at all with spray patterns/spray tips be prepared cause they are some expensive pieces of plastic.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I just bought the same sprayer from Tractor Supply a few weeks ago, and have used it once to spray 2,4-D. It was very easy to set up, since all the boom plumbing and spray heads were already installed. although the instruction manual indicates that this is included in your part of the setup. It looks like from your box that yours has the "new, improved spray heads" which is good.

Since I wasn't used to having a boom extending beyond the tires, I did manage to catch one end of the boom on a tree. It bent the back of the frame, and one of the "L" brackets holding the boom. The breakaway function of the boom didn't quite perform as expected. I was able to re-bend the damaged pieces back to close to original shapes.

Next time out, I plan to zip tie an 8 foot section of 1/2" PVC pipe across the top of the tractor grille guard to give me a visual reference in front the width of the boom in the back.

Almost forgot - the sprayer fits on the iMatch hitch perfectly. No modifications needed.
    Fimco must have changed the hitch design if it fits on the Imatch. I was looking at one a year ago and was told by Fimco it wouldn’t fit. Good to know as I could use a liquid sprayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pcabe5 and PJR832 like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 08:31 PM
    Thanks
    Question:

I was always told by the co-op and extension agents in my area to spray for weeds in the spring, and to overseed and add lime (if needed) in the fall.

Should I be spraying the weeds now?
    pcabe5, ky_shawn and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Question:

I was always told by the co-op and extension agents in my area to spray for weeds in the spring, and to overseed and add lime (if needed) in the fall.

I rarely spray in the fall, considering a frost is soon to kill off the weeds anyways it seems like a waste of spray to me?
    pcabe5, 5304 and PJR832 like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    I rarely spray in the fall, considering a frost is soon to kill off the weeds anyways it seems like a waste of spray to me?
    I live in a mild area, near the Columbia River. It rarely freezes very hard and our weeds shrug it off. We bought the place this August and just now have it flat to spray.

Right now we have 3" of rain over the next day, but will be dry next week. I just feel like it is my last chance to knock some big weeds on their butt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    pcabe5, 5304, ky_shawn and 1 others like this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    Fimco must have changed the hitch design if it fits on the Imatch. I was looking at one a year ago and was told by Fimco it wouldn’t fit. Good to know as I could use a liquid sprayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's a picture of the hitch side of my sprayer. All I had to do was slide the iMatch bushings over the two lift arm pins that came on the sprayer, and put a pin with bushing through the hole for the top link.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sprayer.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	473690
    pcabe5, keane, 56Nine and 3 others like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

pcabe5 (10-22-2017), rakane (10-21-2017)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Question:

I only sprayed this fall around my new riding arena, not the rest of the pasture areas. The grading seemed to have stimulated the dormant weed seeds in the disturbed soil to sprout. I wanted to kill them off before I overseeded with winter ryegrass.
    pcabe5, 5304 and rakane like this.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    I have this same sprayer and it fits the imatch perfectly. The issue I have is my 3 point will not lower enough to sit the sprayer onto the floor of shop or ground and be able to pull away or hook to it. I have to sit the sprayer down onto blocks to get full use of the imatch. The sprayer weighs virtually nothing so usually I just sit it onto the imatch and that's still much easier than fooling with the lift arms to get it connected to the tractor.
    pcabe5, RetiredDoc and PJR832 like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast